Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long does it take to fax a letter?

On June 12, 2019 I went to my last requirements of my Phyic Evaluation and the tests came out really good. Then once they turn in my paperwork into the surgeon, then the insurance office staff could see if my insurance will approve my GastricSleeve. Yet, the office of the mental health doctor has not sent it in. I have spent time between the surgeon and their office calling back and forward. It was about a few weeks I called and they said it had been sent already. Then called surgeon they still had not received it. So I called back in a few days and they answered me faster then I had time to ask the question. So I called another time and the answer was it was lost and they will send it right away. Last time I called I have them the fax number, then they said they are behind so may take awhile. How long does it really take to fax or even email results? I am thinking about this next week going and to see if I can just pick up my files and I will take it to the Surgeon's office. Now that they have played around it maybe September before surgery.

That's so frustrating. Hang in there. You'll get your surgery.

Oh my gosh!! I know exactly how you feel!! Same happened to me! I’ve posted about it if you want to check it out! Good luck !

I feel your pain. My PCP referal took 5 months for them to fax because I chose not to use the Bari program within their medical group and went with the competition. I made the decision for 100% medical reasons (i have lots of adhesions and the other surgeon has a subspecialty in them) but they still gave me a hard time. It took me threatening to contact the state attorney general's office as they were denying me needed care before they finally gave in. They told me they would send it but I insisted they verbally give me the referral # and details. Thank goodness I did because when I went to the surgeon appt a week later they hadn't received anything but where able.to look it up with what I had.

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app