Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 2 weeks post op from my VSG and am just starting the pureed/fork mashed soft foods stage. I'm spending the 4th at a club with the BEST chopped salads. Is it safe to eat a proper portion (Currently told to eat at most half a cup) of chopped salad if I have them chop it extra extra fine? Just wondering. Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using BariatricPal mobile app

1 hour ago, pkron said:

I am 2 weeks post op from my VSG and am just starting the pureed/fork mashed soft foods stage. I'm spending the 4th at a club with the BEST chopped salads. Is it safe to eat a proper portion (Currently told to eat at most half a cup) of chopped salad if I have them chop it extra extra fine? Just wondering. Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using BariatricPal mobile app

LOL. You KNOW the answer to this is "NO!" Right?

It's ONE only ONE 4th of July, girl...seriously.

Have it next year. Remember your "Why". As in, "Why, did I have surgery." And embrace that "why." Love on it hard. Memorize it. Focus on it. Keep it near to you. You can DO this!!

Agree with Fluffy - your sleeve is not going to like that salad at all, no matter how little the portion is.

I am one month out. I love a good salad. Hard to believe, being heavy and all. But... yum. I am craving salad more then ever. But, I havent given in. Not only was I told that I am not ready for raw vegetables, but that I need to focus on protien first. It's more important, right now, to focus on protien.

I wish you the best.

I craved salad like nobody's biz! But I waited until 10 weeks out to have it!!!

I'm 3.5 months out and I still have issues with salad.

No way, wait a few months. Salads are not puréed

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Topics

• Most popular:

• Recent Status Updates

• Krestel

I just looked through all my old pants after my pre-op pants started getting to big. Keep in mind that I wear men's pants (usually cargos) because I am so tall 5'10"/5'11" ish. I also find that men's baggies tend to fit me better.
      I started out at a 44 in waist pant and quickly found that I was back down to my 42's. So even when thise got to be too big, I had to start pulling old clothes out of storage. After finding my 38's, I thought that these would not yet fit, but when I tried them on, they fit perfectly. I also found some older pants that now fit better than I remembered. What a relief! It's not like I can pop down to the store like I could do in the US and the styles here in Sweden are all skinnt jeans which I cant stand. I also found some 36's, but I'm not mentally ready to try those on yet. The biggest challenge will be buying women's clothing again. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • allwet

slow and steady wins the race.  don't get discouraged and just keep at it. Let your sleeve do its job and try not to stress yourself out.
      hope you are all having a great summer and enjoying what your sleeve has given you.
      just got back from a wedding in OR. and man am i afraid to get on the scale  
      · 2 replies
      1. Orchids&Dragons

Fascinating! Thank you!

2. Krestel

Great reminder about how fast you can lose weight. The mind games we play with ourselves are the worst.

• TinaLeo  »  mombrown35

I had ESG on July 1st down  15 lbs at weigh in July 11th
      · 0 replies
    • debra102364

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
      Eleanor Roosevelt
      · 0 replies
    • Lynda486

· 0 replies