Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh the places you'll go!

My travel bucket list is enormous (I want to track my family tree through the UK and Scandinavia, and I want to go on a photo safari in Kenya... just to name a couple).

But one experience that really confirmed my decision about getting surgery was a couple of years ago my hubs and I went to Fan Expo (think: Comic Con) and there is a lot of standing in lines to meet celebrities. I had to stand in a non-moving line on concrete for four hours to get Nathan Fillion's autograph, and the impact on my joints was immense. I was in AGONY!! It became abundantly clear that before I went to another geek-heaven event like that, I had to lose some weight, let alone any real travel experiences that may involve walking/standing.

11 minutes ago, MrsGamgee said:

My travel bucket list is enormous (I want to track my family tree through the UK and Scandinavia, and I want to go on a photo safari in Kenya... just to name a couple).

But one experience that really confirmed my decision about getting surgery was a couple of years ago my hubs and I went to Fan Expo (think: Comic Con) and there is a lot of standing in lines to meet celebrities. I had to stand in a non-moving line on concrete for four hours to get Nathan Fillion's autograph, and the impact on my joints was immense. I was in AGONY!! It became abundantly clear that before I went to another geek-heaven event like that, I had to lose some weight, let alone any real travel experiences that may involve walking/standing.

I know the feeling. You want to go experience fun things but know you're body is going to make you pay a price for it. After the fun comes debilitation. It's going to be so nice to be lighter on our feet!

My daughter is obsessed with history, presidents, DC in general. We have a cousin who works there and I’d like to tweaked her before they move away. It’s a LOT of walking, and the last time I went I about died. I’d also like to go to take my girls on a cross country drive to add states to their totals (they currently have only been to 5).

2 hours ago, TattooedSeaStar said:

My daughter is obsessed with history, presidents, DC in general. We have a cousin who works there and I’d like to tweaked her before they move away. It’s a LOT of walking, and the last time I went I about died. I’d also like to go to take my girls on a cross country drive to add states to their totals (they currently have only been to 5).

Ahhh the city I developed my plantar fasciitis! Lol 😂 I love D.C. Before you go back call your congressman and have them schedule a private tour of the White House and Capital building for you 😊

2 minutes ago, justmetj said:

Ahhh the city I developed my plantar fasciitis! Lol 😂 I love D.C. Before you go back call your congressman and have them schedule a private tour of the White House and Capital building for you 😊

We have a cousin that works in DC and had an “in”... we are going to let him handle it. 😉

I have a good friend that had bypass May 2018. To Celebrate she planned a trip to Disney World (on her bucket list) and invited me and 2 other bari friends to join her and celebrate our 500 pound combined weight loss together.

Only 78 days to go!

Just now, KCgirl061 said:

I have a good friend that had bypass May 2018. To Celebrate she planned a trip to Disney World (on her bucket list) and invited me and 2 other bari friends to join her and Celebrate our 500 pound combined weight loss together.

Only 78 days to go!

How fun! I hope you have a great time and post some pics for us 😊

I’ve been to the Dead Sea. Do NOT put your face in that water! Would you want to pour a cup of salt in your eyes? Well, there ya go!

I’d like to go to Scotland & St Kitts. That’s where my mother’s family is from.

On 07/05/2019 at 17:42, NancyLF said:

I’ve been to the Dead Sea. Do NOT put your face in that water! Would you want to pour a cup of salt in your eyes? Well, there ya go!
I don’t know if I’ll ever make it there but NO I wouldn’t enjoy pouring a cup of salt in my eyes!

I’ll definitely remember that! :)

Strangely (or not) I am still a foodie and search our foodie destinations. I like to take a local cooking class or go to the night markets. When I went to Singapore (incredibly delicious food) I got takeout from the hawker stalls and one takeout equaled three meals--dinner and Breakfast and lunch the next day. I save a ton on food now while traveling because I don't eat much and I don't bring Snacks the way I did when I was fat. I eat a lot of appetizers, or Soup, as my main course in restaurants. Plus, it is so much easier to walk around without carrying extra weight. I had to lug my suitcase up three flights of stairs in Seoul when the escalators weren't working, and I couldn't have done it 10 years ago. I've gone to Asia a bunch, but also scuba diving in the Caribbean, trekking in Costa Rica, climbed Diamond Head in Hawaii, and a yoga retreat in Mexico where I could actually reach all my body parts in the poses. Adventures, no matter where, are easier without obesity issues getting in the way of having a good time.

31 minutes ago, Foxbins said:

Strangely (or not) I am still a foodie and search our foodie destinations. I like to take a local cooking class or go to the night markets. When I went to Singapore (incredibly delicious food) I got takeout from the hawker stalls and one takeout equaled three meals--dinner and Breakfast and lunch the next day. I save a ton on food now while traveling because I don't eat much and I don't bring Snacks the way I did when I was fat. I eat a lot of appetizers, or Soup, as my main course in restaurants. Plus, it is so much easier to walk around without carrying extra weight. I had to lug my suitcase up three flights of stairs in Seoul when the escalators weren't working, and I couldn't have done it 10 years ago. I've gone to Asia a bunch, but also scuba diving in the Caribbean, trekking in Costa Rica, climbed Diamond Head in Hawaii, and a yoga retreat in Mexico where I could actually reach all my body parts in the poses. Adventures, no matter where, are easier without obesity issues getting in the way of having a good time.

I love your post! That's the way I used to travel when I was thin and fit. I miss those days. I'm also a foodie traveler and will continue to be but will now be able to control my portions a lot easier.

P.S. You've done a great job keeping the weight off! Congratulations 😊

Edited by justmetj