Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 1st 2019 surgery siblings? Whether Bypass or VSG

Whether you are having a bypass or a gastric sleeve, anyone else out there on July 1st??

Pre-op is pretty much what I expected....blah

I know I've seen some other July 1st peeps out there....would be nice to be able to keep track and talk, especially when some of the 'night before' and 'day of' jitters kick in.

Heck, I'd be happy to hear from anyone around the July 1st date (clarification: AM happy to hear from ANYONE - I like people...most people..like..90% of ppl..LOL)

Have some lovely ppl who have already been through this that have been SO SUPPORTIVE like frustr8, AZHiker (did I get that right) and then peeps on the July 2019 surgery topics...

Man, July 1st snuck up on me!! How about y'all??

Unsure if we need to cancel our traditional July 4th swim party. I don't do the food, and we have very little family left but my folks, before they passed, had asked that we keep some of the traditional gatherings going. I don't care if I happen to be in hospital and hubby always cooks. I want my brother and nephews, etc. to have somewhere to go..wow, that was a rabbit trail I wasn't expecting..sorry!

Very forgivable, sometimes I only see some of my kinfolk at funerals or an occasional weddings Most of them are only having great grandchildren now so seldom a👶 baby 🚿 shower!

Whether you are having a bypass or a gastric sleeve, anyone else out there on July 1st??
Pre-op is pretty much what I expected....blah
I know I've seen some other July 1st peeps out there....would be nice to be able to keep track and talk, especially when some of the 'night before' and 'day of' jitters kick in.
Heck, I'd be happy to hear from anyone around the July 1st date (clarification: AM happy to hear from ANYONE - I like people...most people..like..90% of ppl..LOL)
Have some lovely ppl who have already been through this that have been SO SUPPORTIVE like frustr8, AZHiker (did I get that right) and then peeps on the July 2019 surgery topics...
Man, July 1st snuck up on me!! How about y'all??
Unsure if we need to cancel our traditional July 4th swim party. I don't do the food, and we have very little family left but my folks, before they passed, had asked that we keep some of the traditional gatherings going. I don't care if I happen to be in hospital and hubby always cooks. I want my brother and nephews, etc. to have somewhere to go..wow, that was a rabbit trail I wasn't expecting..sorry!

I will be having gastric bypass on July 3. I started my program in Feb 2019, but have battled weight issues my whole life. I am excited and anxious about my upcoming date. I cannot imagine weighing less than I do now. At 42 years old, I've been morbidly obese my entire adult life and obese my entire life. So many thoughts run through my head about this surgery, but I tell myself to take it one baby step at a time.

My program only requires 2 days liquid diet, so I don't even start that til July 1.

Would love to keep in contact with you and our other July siblings [emoji16] Good luck to all of us!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

4 hours ago, alex76 said:

I will be having gastric bypass on July 3. I started my program in Feb 2019, but have battled weight issues my whole life. I am excited and anxious about my upcoming date. I cannot imagine weighing less than I do now. At 42 years old, I've been morbidly obese my entire adult life and obese my entire life. So many thoughts run through my head about this surgery, but I tell myself to take it one baby step at a time.

My program only requires 2 days liquid diet, so I don't even start that til July 1.

Would love to keep in contact with you and our other July siblings Good luck to all of us!

Welcome sibling! We are just 2 days apart. I wonder if the liquid diet..and number of days is related in any way to a person's BMI or ???

Within the specific 'Sleeve' and 'Bypass' surgery forums I think there are topics for 'July 2019 surgeries'...but as the gastric sleeve one is not super active yet, I had thought...why not start one for all July people regardless of which surgery they are having as we surely share the same anxiety, hope, nervousness, fear, etc.

Guess we'll see if anyone else joins in here, if not, we know about each other now...lol

I had my RNY surgery July 1st. First time I’m gonna sit out festivities for July 4th but I’m ok with it 🙂 I’m so glad I’m in recovery stage and so far so good! First day was really rough though.

Sit out a few events the first year.

take advantage of this new tool. Think of the future!