Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First time getting STUCK.....

Wow, I finally see what everybody was posting about. I was carefully eating my lunch, chicken salad, and the phone rang. Forgetting to chew, I swallowed a little too much and wham:eek:.

I got the phone answered, but had to hang up right away. Kinda felt like I tried to swallow a grapefruit...LOL How many of you started sweating when this happened to you. I looked like I had been on a long walk in the sun. Sweating, nose running, eyes watering:cry:cry:cry

I really hope to never go thru that again. The phone can wait from now on......Dave

I'll remember that when I start eating. I was just banded and I'm on Clear liquids right now.

But, Holy Toledo! Have you lost all that weight since you've been banded? Is that 8-30-2007?

I'll remember that when I start eating. I was just banded and I'm on Clear Liquids right now.

But, Holy Toledo! Have you lost all that weight since you've been banded? Is that 8-30-2007?

Yep, all since banding the end or August. I have been working out/walking daily and it really helps. I'll bet you cant wait till the mushie stage. Good luck, its the beginning of a great journey

I just had my first major stuck feeling last night. I can now relate too to what everyone has been saying. I was sitting at the bar eating dinner out for the first time. The first swallow...omg!!! I am glad everyone had their eyes on the football game I think I looked paniked. I thought I was gonna pass out... What an awful feeling.

Cindy, I'm glad I was at home when I did it. I wasnt sure what was going to happen next. I was real glad when it finally went down though, instead of up..LOL

Dave, I was so afraid to go out and eat and I guess I won't be going out anymore...lol At least for a while. You have done awsome on your weight loss. What do you eat on a normal day? I go for my first fill next week. I have done well without the fill yet but I am so hungry, I really have to be careful not to overeat.

What do you eat on a normal day? .

For Breakfast I have a Protein shake made w/ 4oz of skim milk.

lunch is usually 3 oz can of chicken or tuna mixed with FF Miracle Whip and pickle relish, on a toasted low carb tortilla. Healthy request Soup if I am lazy.

dinner is another Protein Shake w/ milk and a Dannon Lite and Fit yogurt blended in. Snacks are sugar free popsicles as needed...LOL

Yep...you really need to EASE into public eating when you first start out. My first public experience I was already on solids, but I chose to have a lobster bisque because I knew I would be safe getting down a liquid in public. I have had two instances since then of having to PB at the first of a meal in a restaurant. I pretty much have it down to an art now and I can tell within the first three bites it things aren't going well. These two instances, I excused myself from the table, went into the restroom and let those two bites slide out. Things seemed to relax after that and I was able to finish my meal. I am VERY aware of eating VERY slowly when I go out to eat though.

Since i have gotten this last fill i have pb a couple of times. It is awful. I am being much more careful now. Eating much.... slower. Smaller bites too. Donna

Dave,

You really are doing wonderfully... You darn men, once you decide to do it, it is almost like the fat melts off.

My husband will eek up the scale 10-15lbs, he adjusts his diet for two weeks and then he is back to normal.

I'm trying not to hate... Just kidding...

Keep it up, you are an inspiration to all of us metabolically challenged women out here...