Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why's my band tighter at different times?

Just curious is anyone experiences their band being tighter at certain times of days, like in the morning, yet is is looser by the afternoon. I am more curious is anyone knows why this is? Does it have to do with the amount of Water in the body? My doc just put me on a blood pressure medications which is basically a water pill so it is supposed to make me pee more and get the water out. But I am now wondering if that is making my band tighter? Anyone know? thanks.

:help:

I am especially tight in the mornings too. It's probably because we go so long without eating anything, while we sleep, and it just gets tight because there is no movement going through the band. Usually by late afternoon, I can eat without feeling too much restriction. I wouldn't think Water would have anything to do with it, but what do I know, I'm just taking a quess.

My doctor told me that it's very common for bands to be tighter in the morning. He said after you have been laying down for extended periods of time your stomach will swell-which causes tightness in the morning. Once you've been up and moving around, then the swelling goes down. I feel tightness on the rare occasion that I can take a nap. I'm always tighter after laying down and the longer I lay down, the tighter I seem to be. I can't/don't really eat any solids until after 2pm.

Anyway, doctor said it's very common in banding. I like it because it forces me to have a Protein shake in the AM and gets my day started off on the right foot!

weight.png

Thanks for the info. I have 9.5 ml in my VG band and can barely eat much, though no PBing or anything so I am going to keep it at this level. But that early morning tightness sure feels weird. Guess I will get used to it. Thanks again.

I have the typical morning tightness, but lately I find I have evening tightness now too. Mid-day there's little restriction, but I'm as tight if not tighter by evening now. I use to be 100% unrestricted by evenings. Fickle band.

Its because our bands are posessed. They control our lives. They tell us when we can eat and when they dont want us to......

Sorry, had to get that out. I have the same morning tightness and have trouble getting my Protein shake down. I have started taking my pills in the afternoon, when it is easier

Weird, huh? I was going along just fine, had been about 2 months since an adjustment and BOOM, I couldn't eat, drink, anything. I had pneumonia and even the medicine came back up....

it didn't last but a week.... and I got some really good weight loss from it.

I h

In the mornings = tight band

The whole period week = tight band

Being sick at all = tight band

Stressed at all = tight band

Otherwise..I'm good..lol

I actually scheduled an appointment with my fill doc for tomorrow to discuss this. I am thinking that a slight unfil may be in order?? Maybe .25 or .5 ml. Im at 9.5 so bringing me down to 9.0 may be more tolerable. My band got tight even before with less in the band even my last fill when I was 8.5 ml. But I could still eat a cups worth of food. Now it is just 1 or 2 tablespoons and thats it? I dont know if my 6 foot 3 inch large frame can make it on that? Maybe I am just being a crybaby but........

my doc says it is due to Water retention. he says that is why it gets bad during the monthly. he also said each body is different.

my doc took me off of my diuretic after surgery, but i have had to take a lasix a couple of times due to edema. i've noticed that the more swollen i am, in terms of my hands, the tighter i feel (as if i even know what it feels like to be tight.i just know i'm not very hungry)

THanks bandster. I have heard this before. Im going to ask my doc tomorrow if I should be on the diuretic pill but from what you are saying it seems like it would be better to be on it since it helps you to rid Water from the body. Its just that I feel sometimes that it is tight because it just seems really dry almost like it is foaming or something. Hard to explain.

My band is usually tighter in the mornings as well. It makes it more difficult for me to decide if I need a fill or not, because I can't really eat in the mornings but I can eat more in the latter part of the day.