Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When will I start feeling full?!?

I had my gastric sleeve 5 days ago and I still haven’t felt a feeling of “fullness.” I swear I could eat a steak right now! My expectations must have been way off because I thought a few bites of Jello would get me full to the point of nausea. My surgeon wants me to focus on hydration (64oz of Water a day) and full liquids with Protein as the second priority since dehydration is the biggest reason for readmission for sleeve patients. Did I miss something? Why am I not full! This is disheartening.

47 minutes ago, WendyB1984 said:

I had my gastric sleeve 5 days ago and I still haven’t felt a feeling of “fullness.” I swear I could eat a steak right now! My expectations must have been way off because I thought a few bites of Jello would get me full to the point of nausea. My surgeon wants me to focus on hydration (64oz of Water a day) and full liquids with Protein as the second priority since dehydration is the biggest reason for readmission for sleeve patients. Did I miss something? Why am I not full! This is disheartening.

I was hungry on the first food stages. It was hard to see people eat real food or watch food commercials. It will get better as you progress on to other food stages. Hang in there.

Yes I was hungry on the liquid phase and finally got to feeling "not hungry" (as opposed to full) once I could have pureed food.

I was hungry on the first food stages. It was hard to see people eat real food or watch food commercials. It will get better as you progress on to other food stages. Hang in there.
I'm on full fluids right now, and let me tell you making dinner for my family tonight was tough. I'm not hungry, really, but the head hunger is real.

Sent from my SM-G960W using BariatricPal mobile app

Thanks for the support. I’m hopeful that once I finally get to “soft foods” in 3 weeks or so the hunger will subside. And yes it is KILLER seeing food everywhere. It’s like every other commercial is for my favorite meal!

as others have said, you'll start feeling the restriction once you move to solid food. Plus, you've had some nerves cut, too - it takes them awhile to regenerate. That may be a factor as well.

8 minutes ago, WendyB1984 said:

Thanks for the support. I’m hopeful that once I finally get to “soft foods” in 3 weeks or so the hunger will subside. And yes it is KILLER seeing food everywhere. It’s like every other commercial is for my favorite meal!

chicken broth seemed to fill me up. I used that Campbell chicken noodle Soup as broth and I could drink it pretty quickly.

Well I don't know if I still ever feel full? Sunday morning going down, had a coupon for Glucerrna, was going to expire today, !3 off is $3 off so bought me some Butter Pecan, Eat your lttle heart out Mrs Gamgee, in their onfinate stupidity it only seems to be marketed in the US. Having it over ice because I forgot to refrigerate it. Not too shabby, none are perfect, that's just the nature of the beast.
Sad when you wake up,and say " It must be morning because I AM IN PAIN" most of the time I keep up with you younger chicks but in the Early AM my feathers do drag and look rumpled. Probably couldn't even bring more than a couple $ on the open market. At 6AM is my Carafate, praying it is MAKING a difference in my ulcerations. You Say I should be able to tell by lack of pain? Well it always hurts over my pouch and in the right subcostal area, always has. Just don't mention it constantly but that's the facts of my life.
And as for my satisfaction levels
1. I really should eat or drink something, it's TIME
2. How much and for how long should I take this in?
3. Ought Oh, I am starting to hiccups --is it a full symptom or pre- puking?
4. Well that answered that question, and it was 4 tablespoons. Let it rest a while and then maybe some broth?
And the few times I have success, food tastes wooden, not once can I say " Gee that sure tasted GOOD! And believe you me, I WOYLD LIJE to say that!
Meanwhile the Sun still shines, the birds go Tweet - Tweet, and like my muses the MONKEYS once sang "Another Pleasant Valley Sunday!"
Just sign me' Nearly 9 months and Whining" and no Clinic Appointment until August, maybe they feel I'm boring or they think others need them more. I believe the correct term is Benign Neglect!👈👸👉