Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 11 of my 2 week liquid diet and I’m struggling today. I don’t know if I can do this, what am I doing?????
My husband tell me every morning before I go to work how he’s so proud of me and I appreciate that. My 10 year old daughter wants to make sure everything I put in my mouth “mama can you have that” lol .
I just don’t know how to feel right now, I’m excited, nervous, scared, sad, I’m just all over this place.

My surgery is in 3 days and yes I did cheat on my diet Mother’s Day. I have lost 13 lbs so far but my diet does allow me to have lean meats and non starchy vegetables. So it’s not like I can’t eat , just not what I want. I don’t even know want to eat it’s just knowing I can’t have it that is bothering me.

Anyway I know this post is all over the place , but I just wanted to share my feelings.

Hey Shanda!

I'm having surgery in 3 days too!

I've cheated somewhat too (just a little); however, my surgeon is very conservative so it's only been vegetables and protein-- no meat. But I've had a bit of a saving grace, as my pre-op diet coincidentally began with Ramadan, so I've been fasting through it and only eating after sundown. This means that when it's 8ish (the times for each day correspond with one of the five prayer times), I can cook a stirfry with a little bit of olive oil, soy sauce, and veggies and those things usually fill me up.

However, surgeons say that you can have unlimited amounts of sugar-free Jello, pudding, and popsicles, and if yours says you can these things can help you trick your brain into thinking you're eating normally. You can have as many as you want (if your doctor says so too) and you'll be okay. It's been a little tough for me too, and I've been wishing that time would go faster, but remember that 3 days is nothing compared to how much time and effort you put into getting the surgery.

Also, I lost just about as much weight as you have, I'm down from 315, which was my HW and the weight pre-diet down to 294.

Good luck, please come back and tell us how everything goes with your operation!

You're doing great and good luck on your upcoming surgery.

You can do this! You go girl!

Good luck all my surgery is in 4 days time . Just want it over with now as I’ve wanted this operation for a while . I’ve struggle with pre op diet however the end is in sight xxgood luck all you’ve got this .

On 5/19/2019 at 12:03 PM, Roadto270 said:

Hey Shanda!

I'm having surgery in 3 days too!

I've cheated somewhat too (just a little); however, my surgeon is very conservative so it's only been vegetables and protein-- no meat. But I've had a bit of a saving grace, as my pre-op diet coincidentally began with Ramadan, so I've been fasting through it and only eating after sundown. This means that when it's 8ish (the times for each day correspond with one of the five prayer times), I can cook a stirfry with a little bit of olive oil, soy sauce, and veggies and those things usually fill me up.

However, surgeons say that you can have unlimited amounts of sugar-free Jello, pudding, and popsicles, and if yours says you can these things can help you trick your brain into thinking you're eating normally. You can have as many as you want (if your doctor says so too) and you'll be okay. It's been a little tough for me too, and I've been wishing that time would go faster, but remember that 3 days is nothing compared to how much time and effort you put into getting the surgery.

Also, I lost just about as much weight as you have, I'm down from 315, which was my HW and the weight pre-diet down to 294.

Good luck, please come back and tell us how everything goes with your operation!

I too am only 3 days away. I’m on an all liquid diet but can have Jell-O and the popsicles. I am so glad that it is Ramadan so I don’t have to think about what I’m not eating. Let me know how your surgery goes. Are you going to try and fast after surgery?

4 hours ago, traeleo said:

I too am only 3 days away. I’m on an all liquid diet but can have Jell-O and the popsicles. I am so glad that it is Ramadan so I don’t have to think about what I’m not eating. Let me know how your surgery goes. Are you going to try and fast after surgery?

Ramadan certainly has been a life saver. I don’t think I’m going to fast after surgery just because of the delicate nature of post-op, I really don’t want to deviate away from the normal procedure for patients unless it clearly helps me. However, I’ll still talk to my surgeon about it for sure.