Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to everything!! stall and sick

GM all, I had my sleeve surgery April 9th and Im also new to this community. I feel like I'm at a stall and it's freaking me out because I'm not eating badly, nor am I getting the recommended amount of Water in. I get very sick when i take the Multivitamin so I've held off until i see my doc on Wednesday. I also try to get at least 70 to 80gms of Protein everyday. what am I doing wrong here not to be losing anymore? I wouldn't want to have gone through this to fail.

Stalls are really most like " pauses" your body is regrouping internally, once it is ready your weight may drop suddenly. Many do it at 3 weeks, one girl said hers lasted nearly 2 weeks but then she dropped 5 pounds, and often when your weight doesn't change you may still lose inches. Stalls are frustrating but seldom if ever fatal. We go into this WL derby thinking we will be like a smooth- driving race car, Varoom Varoom, instead we are more like a Junker Jalopy, Chug a Chugging along. Oh we will make it to the Finish Line, but it won't happen today or even next week, but bye and bye it will happen! Chin up, bajankat, it's all GOOD!😛🍀❤

It's just a natural stall of slow-down point, just keep eating 60 g of Protein a day and getting in your 64 oz of Fluid and you'll be fine.

If you like, you can post a couple days worth of what you eat and I'm sure some of the members could give their input.

I had my surgery on April 16. Lost 10 pounds afterwards and been on a stall for a week now. My weight has been exactly the same for the past week. I’ve read many articles that say this is normal but I’m still worried!!

16 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

If you like, you can post a couple days worth of what you eat and I'm sure some of the members could give their input.

I've been eating:

breakfast: either cream of wheat with a cup of milk or 1 boiled egg with a half of avocado

Morning snack: either 1 banana, Protein Shake with 8oz milk, sugar free popsicle, sugar free Jello, unsweetened applesauce

lunch: either tuna creations with 1/2 avocado and 1 boiled or 1sm baked sweet potato or sweet potato with stir fry chicken breast (it's been pretty much this)

afternoon snack: either low fat cottage cheese with peaches on the bottom or sugar free any options from above snack

dinner: steamed salmon, stir fry chicken, riced cauliflower, Dall, steam fresh Pasta veges, and/or sweet potato

evening snack: either protien shake, lowfat Greek yogurt or something from above.

*For those wondering what dall is, it's curried pureed lentils

also im not finishing none of these meals other than the Snacks and most of the Breakfast items. today i start soft foods but I'm not sure what to eat. I get bored pretty quick and as you can see i ate the same things almost every day and i hated the pureed stage. i almost just went back to only eating cream of chicken Soup and cream of wheat with the sugar free items above

Disclaimer: I am by no means an expert, and the advice given below is based purely on my own experience and diet choices (high Protein, ultra low carb), and may not be suitable for everyone. Check with your doc/nut/etc !

With that said, at first glance (to me at least) your menu looks like a lot of calories for being less than a month out. A rough calculation (based on regular serving sizes of your foods listed) shows you are consuming about 1200 calories a day. This sounds more like weight-maintenance level calories, and not weight-loss level calories.

Also, another rough calculation has you logging in over 170g of carbs daily. You may want to bring this level down a little (or a lot!). Lose the cream of wheat, banana, sweet potato and the peach fruit bottom yogurt. Maybe sub your milk (I assumed you were using regular 2% milk) with Fairlife or unsweetned coconut milk. And easy on the avocado. You don't need to cut it out, just add in moderation.

That is the best I can say based on what info you have provided. I don't know your starting weight/current weight/exercise level is, and these will also factor into your diet needs.

Lastly, I am of the camp that believe it is important to meet your Water goals every day and get a good nights sleep. Others have found that water and/or sleep have little impact on their weight loss, but based on my own experience, I found that both play a huge role.

Oh, and get some exercise into your daily routine. It will make you feel good :)

Good Luck!

Thanks Ms SSS, My calculations on mfp says im consuming about 500 to 600 at most calories. I'm only eating about 2 to 4 oz each sitting, and no regular milk for me. I'm using 2% lactose free milk but i will definitely take your advice and cut out those things and see where that brings me. btw my nutritionist told me to try the Fairlife milk also. I'll be purchasing that my next supermarket run.

my starting weight was 261, day of surgery 249 and currently or at last check im 234.2

As for exercise I haven't been able to get any in since I've been very weak, dizzy and lightheaded to the point i felt like i was gonna pass out. ended up in ER straight from doc office since i almost passed out while there. I was dehydrated and potassium was low hence the bananas and they said i have kidney injury (whatever that meant). I'm going back to the doc on Wednesday and hopefully, i can start to walk as well as return to work where the walking will definitely come into play.

ah ok! 500-600 cals sounds more like it :) Calorie wise, that's normal for most people at your stage.

Also, you lost 14.8 lbs in one month! That is actually quite a good rate of loss! You are doing great.

...now it just seems like you need to work on getting your Water in.

Good Luck!

yes im slowly getting more Water in, honestly i get about 2 bottles in a day.. sometimes 1 then i at least make sure i eat the popsicles cuz i stay full extremely long and can't drink. I will definitely increase tho.

one other question, is it possible to gain weight in the beginning? like when you transition from liquids?