Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 months out on 6-10-19 and I have lost 105 lbs.

4 hours ago, Mikeyy said:

That's great 6.5 months later still not hungry... Love it

Thanks...example 8ts 1130 am and now going to eat some Breakfast as I was too busy and forgot..eating now is always a mindful step

17 hours ago, Goody222 said:

Wow, that is really impressive

THANK YOU HAVE DUG VERY DEEP WITH IN ME TO GET HERE EXERCISE AND Portion Control AND KEEPING TRACK OF EVERYTHING THAT I EAT AND NOT TO MENTION THE MIND WORK WHICH IS THE MOST DIFFICULT PART FOR SURE AND SUPPORT OF PEOPLE ON HERE AS WELL

For anyone feeling worried about their rate of loss it’s great to know start weight and % of excess weight lost.

I’m 45, 5’4”, 4 1/2 months post sleeve Down 67 from 258 which is 58% EWL :)

On 06/06/2019 at 16:59, BrighterSide said:

For anyone feeling worried about their rate of loss it’s great to know start weight and % of excess weight lost.

I’m 45, 5’4”, 4 1/2 months post sleeve Down 67 from 258 which is 58% EWL :)

Honestly I have only a general idea of what my excess fat was to start with.
I was 5’7” and 244 on surgery day.
Today I weighed in at 189 for a loss of 55 pounds.
I’m thinking I had anywhere between 100-125 pounds of excess fat seeing as typical weight charts would have my ideal weight around 135.

I’m hoping that I had over 100 pounds excess fat because I really would hate to think that only 20-ish more pounds will come off.
I’m still huge compared to where I want to be.

Goal weight is 145 and I’m afraid that still won’t get me as small as I would like to be.

I’m 3 months out gastric bypass and am down 62 lbs. Almost in the 160’s!!!!🤩🥳 went from a 2x to a medium large and from size 20 pants to a 12/14 and I lose half to a lb a day. I feel amazing! I wish all my friends here much success 😘

Honestly I have only a general idea of what my excess fat was to start with.
I was 5’7” and 244 on surgery day.
Today I weighed in at 189 for a loss of 55 pounds.
I’m thinking I had anywhere between 100-125 pounds of excess fat seeing as typical weight charts would have my ideal weight around 135.

I’m hoping that I had over 100 pounds excess fat because I really would hate to think that only 20-ish more pounds will come off.
I’m still huge compared to where I want to be.

Goal weight is 145 and I’m afraid that still won’t get me as small as I would like to be.

Excess weight is just the difference between your docs idea of ideal weight for you and where you started, so 100 for you.

1 minute ago, BrighterSide said:

Excess weight is just the difference between your docs idea of ideal weight for you and where you started, so 100 for you.

I think the percentage of excess weight lost statistic can be misleading if one is comparing oneself to another (which we all know we shouldn't be doing, right?) Ideal weight varies greatly from person to person and can be reported differently by people with same number of pounds lost. Unless they are using the same baseline, which they usually aren't.

Reporting on percentage of total body weight lost may be a more telling statistic as it ignores subjective "ideals".

I had an original goal weight of 120. Then I changed it to 127. So I basically went from 94% excess weight lost to 100% lost in one day. I could have decided to make my goal weight 130, and boom, I now lost 102%.

But, if I say, as of today, I lost 47% of my total body weight, it will stay at 47% no matter what my goal was, is, or is going to be.

Bypass 4/2/19 50lbs down, and had a 4wk stall..until last week..it was frustrating but dropping again now.

On 06/07/2019 at 12:56, ms.sss said:

I think the percentage of excess weight lost statistic can be misleading if one is comparing oneself to another (which we all know we shouldn't be doing, right?) Ideal weight varies greatly from person to person and can be reported differently by people with same number of pounds lost. Unless they are using the same baseline, which they usually aren't.

Reporting on percentage of total body weight lost may be a more telling statistic as it ignores subjective "ideals".

I had an original goal weight of 120. Then I changed it to 127. So I basically went from 94% excess weight lost to 100% lost in one day. I could have decided to make my goal weight 130, and boom, I now lost 102%.

But, if I say, as of today, I lost 47% of my total body weight, it will stay at 47% no matter what my goal was, is, or is going to be.

Lol, okay so it’s embarrassing to admit that I’m quite good at math, yet still struggle to put these concepts together.

Okay so I’m 5’7” with a completely medium build and in my college days I weighed around 130-135 pounds and was a size 6 then.
I’m keeping my fingers crossed 135 is my ideal body weight, which means 110 pounds from surgery date.

Well I just got through dinner for my son and myself. He had breaded fish with hash brown potatoes and his jalapeno pepper poppers, likes the Farm Rich brand and I made him a tossed salad. Me I had two forks of tilapia., a small section of homemade corn bread and now I feel sick. He had a normal sized piece with melted butter. I guess I'll be up a while, now I feel sick, praying not to throw up the little bit I had. And at 201.3 I am within spitting distance of Onederland. Wish I felt better tonight! Maybe I'll dig out a rantidine if it doesn't feel better soon. Took my Zofran about 45 minutes ago, does not seem to be phasing my tummy tonight. Would like to cry, maybe ulcer pain popping back up, don't think this will be an endoscopy that judges me cleared up. Still mot quite right, call it an gut instinct if you like but I don't think my innards are even going to heal. Told my PCP I feel like I will be a gastrointestinal cripple the rest of my life, told me to just relax and all will be fine. If I kick back any farther I will fall off my seat or go comatose.