Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Over 65 VSG start 3 month diet requirement

52 minutes ago, MissSqueezedLemon said:

help to get to the end of this journey at age 67.

@MissSqueezedLemon

welcome to the board, we've been waiting for you

in the past, gaining 10 lbs in two months, many of us been there done that (piece of "cake")🤣

i was almost 58 years OLD when i was sleeved - i am now 65 years YOUNG

i have been at maintenance (little fluctuations) these past 6+ years

You sound great, knowing you have to buckle down and get serious

buttttt, i have to tell you your journey - reaching goal weight, is not the end of your journey

with your weight. journey continues for the rest of your life - always being careful what you

eat (can lax a bit after awhile) you remain strong - diligent and plain old smart, i know you

can do this - us seniors are special!!

good luck with pre-op and WLS

you'll be great

kathy

PS if anyone makes you feel uncomfortable - call me and i'll swat them!!)

Welcome! I'm glad to know you made this decision. I had my VSG last November at the age of 62. I wish i had it 10yrs ago. Better late than never. Good luck!

2 hours ago, MissSqueezedLemon said:

Over 65 next week go for 3 month pre-op diet. Gained 10 pounds in two months. Time to get serious. I hope nobody makes me feel uncomfortable.

I need some buddy help to get to the end of this journey at age 67.

Welcome to these forums. Good luck with your surgery decision.

Still learning how to use the forum. I am 67 and weigh 260. Yes I am freakin short too, barely 5 ' .Struggle all of my life. Lost 130 pounds once kept off for a few years and have gained it back. How many things in life I have missed out on because of my weight. I live alone and really do not have others to talk to about my new journey. I am next facing visit with nutritionist to start 3 month diet.I am told this is strictly for insurance.I sort of, well actually resent being told to diet.Hey I have done enough of that and don't make a decision at 67 to go under the knife in a frivolous manner. I will look at it as a positive to see what I can learn. Already I feel better having had a few responses from this forum group as I am on my journey alone. I have chose to only tell two friends who do not judge. I want the next 10 years of my life to be joyful and not feeling isolated and judged because I am fat. Thanks for your kind words guys.