Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It’s a week tomorrow I had my sleeve .. no weight loss yet

It’s a week tomorrow I had my sleeve and I’m the same weight today as I was the day of the op , I know we’re all different but I thought I’d have lost something.

Ive resisted weighing myself until now because I don’t want to be obsessed with the scales

just thought I’d weigh once a week , bit disappointed with no loss at all

Has this happened to anyone else here ? Any tips or advice would be gratefully received.

Hope everyone one is doing well xx

This has happened to a lot of WLS patients. The scale isn't going to show your true weight right now because you've just had surgery. Your body is healing, inflammatory processes are going on and your body is holding onto Fluid it normally wouldn't. My advice is don't get on the scale for a couple more weeks. Seriously its a distraction. The weight WILL come off but your focus right now needs to be getting your fluids and Protein in.

1 hour ago, KCgirl061 said:

This has happened to a lot of WLS patients. The scale isn't going to show your true weight right now because you've just had surgery. Your body is healing, inflammatory processes are going on and your body is holding onto Fluid it normally wouldn't. My advice is don't get on the scale for a couple more weeks. Seriously its a distraction. The weight WILL come off but your focus right now needs to be getting your fluids and Protein in.

Thank you both for replying

I think it’s what I already knew but just needed to hear it said to me I guess

I appreciate your comments thank you

I don’t have a scales at home

I weighed in work but I’ll do as you suggest and forget the scales ,, I agree it’s not good to want to weigh yourself constantly

thank you

I agree with the ladies above, your healing process might have you swollen from the anesthesia and the IVs. But usually you'll see a slight difference when you look in the mirror with time. The first place I noticed change was in the roundness of my face.

most people temporarily gain weight after surgery. It's Fluid - those IV fluids, especially, since those bags contain sodium, which makes a lot of people retain Water. I had phase 2 of plastic surgery last week and gained 10 lbs while in the hospital from the IV fluids. It took a week for it all to leave my system.

5 hours ago, koketika said:

I agree with the ladies above, your healing process might have you swollen from the anesthesia and the IVs. But usually you'll see a slight difference when you look in the mirror with time. The first place I noticed change was in the roundness of my face.

Yes I know you’re right , thank you for your reply.

1 hour ago, Myrriah said:

I agree. The first week I did not lose or gain the second week I lost 5 lbs give your body a break it is healing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes I’m the same

no loss and no gain

so I’ll run with it and look after myself and see what next week brings

thank you

I was 211 on the day of my surgery and stayed at the hospital for 2 nights. When I left the hospital and weighed myself, I was at 220.... 9 pound gain! It's the IVs and fluids that they put in the body. Don't you worry friend, you will lose the weight. Concentrate on healing, sipping your Water and walk walk walk.

2 minutes ago, med28thmed said:

I was 211 on the day of my surgery and stayed at the hospital for 2 nights. When I left the hospital and weighed myself, I was at 220.... 9 pound gain! It's the IVs and fluids that they put in the body. Don't you worry friend, you will lose the weight. Concentrate on healing, sipping your Water and walk walk walk.

Bless you thank you for replying its reassuring to have so many people offering kind comments and advice

Wait until your first post op visit then start weighing yourself once a week. That's what I did so I wouldn't get discouraged. scale can be frustrating. But you will be fine. I didn't think I lost anything and stop my post op I actually did.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

10 hours ago, Mychoice19 said:

Wait until your first post op visit then start weighing yourself once a week. That's what I did so I wouldn't get discouraged. scale can be frustrating. But you will be fine. I didn't think I lost anything and stop my post op I actually did.

Thank you

I will do that x

7 hours ago, chuckwalsh said:

It's only been a week.. you're ok. Trust me you wont be able to eat in any way or fashion the calories it would take to keep weight on. Just listen to your body and focus on healing. Results will come.

Hw:496
Sw:476
Cw:380

Sleeved 10/22/2018

Thank you