Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else playing the waiting game?!?

Sooooo I'm done with EVERYTHING required for insurance and I'm just waiting on the nurse to submit it to them. Is anyone else playing the waiting game? I figured it would be a wonderful help to be there for each other while we wait patiently (or impatiently in my case lol).

Sooooo I'm done with EVERYTHING required for insurance and I'm just waiting on the nurse to submit it to them. Is anyone else playing the waiting game? I figured it would be a wonderful help to be there for each other while we wait patiently (or impatiently in my case lol).
I was right where you're at on Wednesday. After a year of jumping through hoops, finally got my date ,(may 20) and I despised comments like this, but I promise your time will come. Try to stay busy so you dont make yourself crazy with anticipation.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m there with you too! It’s killing me! Should hopefully have everything submitted next week or the following Monday. I just want to know if it’s approved or not!

Fingers crossed you’ll hear good news soon!

I'm playing the waiting game as well. Just not for the same reasons. I plan on having my sleeve done in Mexico in September (maybe sooner). I'm trying to decide between 2 different Dr's and facilities. I want to pay $ as my ins does not pay for this type of surgery. Guess they would rather pay the mountains of $$ it will take to care for me with diabetes, heart condition, stroke, etc. Make sense to you? Well, I need to get off my soap box. Anyway, some days I'm sooooo excited I can hardly stand it. Others, I'm terrified. And it's not cause I'm doing it on Mexico.

Can’t like these two weeks right now had me really stressed, especially how everything went if you read my only post you guys will know why. But so far my surgery date is April 8. If was originally April 29 but they moved it up since there was spots available and my aunt and I are getting it same day. You should get the clearance pretty soon and surgery day as well. I have medocaid/ Fidelis health care. My aunt has some private insurance. Her aunt as approved a few days earlier than mine. Good luck everyone on your surgery.

My online portal for my insurance updated this afternoon to show approved finally. Now have to wait until after the weekend for them to get that prior authorization to my surgeon's office. I finished my pre OP requirements 3 weeks ago. It took a week for the office to submit and then 2 weeks for approval.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

3 hours ago, starladustangel said:

My online portal for my insurance updated this afternoon to show approved finally. Now have to wait until after the weekend for them to get that prior authorization to my surgeon's office. I finished my pre OP requirements 3 weeks ago. It took a week for the office to submit and then 2 weeks for approval.

My surgeons nurse is way behind due to some fellow nurses being out sick so she said it would be several weeks until she gets to mine. Its KILLING ME lol.

5 hours ago, KhaosG00B said:

Can’t like these two weeks right now had me really stressed, especially how everything went if you read my only post you guys will know why. But so far my surgery date is April 8. If was originally April 29 but they moved it up since there was spots available and my aunt and I are getting it same day. You should get the clearance pretty soon and surgery day as well. I have medocaid/ Fidelis health care. My aunt has some private insurance. Her aunt as approved a few days earlier than mine. Good luck everyone on your surgery.

Congrats on your date!!! How hard was it for Medicaid to approve it? That's who I have.

5 hours ago, ypease said:

I'm playing the waiting game as well. Just not for the same reasons. I plan on having my sleeve done in Mexico in September (maybe sooner). I'm trying to decide between 2 different Dr's and facilities. I want to pay $ as my ins does not pay for this type of surgery. Guess they would rather pay the mountains of $$ it will take to care for me with diabetes, heart condition, stroke, etc. Make sense to you? Well, I need to get off my soap box. Anyway, some days I'm sooooo excited I can hardly stand it. Others, I'm terrified. And it's not cause I'm doing it on Mexico.

I guess they put us through this to see if we can handle it lol. I hate waiting. I have the patience of a toddler sometimes lol. Especially when I'm excited.

7 hours ago, KimB7811 said:

I’m there with you too! It’s killing me! Should hopefully have everything submitted next week or the following Monday. I just want to know if it’s approved or not!

Fingers crossed you’ll hear good news soon!

I've been finished for weeks but their office is super behind. I'm terrible at waiting lmao. I hope I can hang in there for a few more weeks lol. I think insurance does this to see if we really want it.

5 hours ago, BulletWithButterflyWings said:

I've been finished for weeks but their office is super behind. I'm terrible at waiting lmao. I hope I can hang in there for a few more weeks lol. I think insurance does this to see if we really want it.

They definitely make us work for it!!!! Lol

I got denied the first time because I lost too much weight on the 6 month diet...but I continued with my monthly Dr visits which showed the plateau and regain and they approved mine after it being resubmitted. It's definitely been an ordeal but i'm sure it'll be well worth the wait.

Patience grasshopper lol.

5 hours ago, ARMoma45 said:

I got denied the first time because I lost too much weight on the 6 month diet...but I continued with my monthly Dr visits which showed the plateau and regain and they approved mine after it being resubmitted. It's definitely been an ordeal but i'm sure it'll be well worth the wait.

Patience grasshopper lol.

You are my mr miyagi lol. I finally quit bugging poor carrie and realized it will happen if it's meant to

Anyone have any updates?
Nope. I am still waiting on a date. I called the surgeon's office 3 times last week and so far haven't heard back