Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My last in weigh in is in 2 weeks and I need to loose 10lbs. This is really stressing me out because I gained 3lbs on my 2nd weigh in. If I don’t loose then I will be denied and have to start all over. I recently quit smoking and that contributed to my weight gain.

OMG !!!!!!!

It always seems impossible until it's done. Believe in your strength you've got this!

Thank you

Same thing happened to me when I quit smoking pre-op.....I used a 0 nicotine vape to keep my hands and mouth occupied with something other than cigarettes and food.....you can do this!!

PS....I lost my 10 pounds in 10 days....lots of walking....lots of Water and lots of lean Protein. 😁

Cut out carbs. On each meal have 3-4 oz Protein and a cup and a half of non-starchy veggies. Drink lots of Water. Cut down on salt. Much of what you’ll lose will be waterweight due to cutting out carbs, but not all of it. Good luck!

Congrats on quitting smoking! That’s a MAJOR win!

Edited by AngieBear

4 hours ago, PinePal said:

Same thing happened to me when I quit smoking pre-op.....I used a 0 nicotine vape to keep my hands and mouth occupied with something other than cigarettes and food.....you can do this!!

PS....I lost my 10 pounds in 10 days....lots of walking....lots of Water and lots of lean Protein. 😁

I also used a 0 nicotine vape to keep my hands/,mouth busy. I just took my nicotine blood test and am terrified that I failed it! I'm probably fine, but we all get the jitters when something has the power to take out end result from us.

You can loose 10lbs on the pre-op diet. You can do this!!!

OMG - Trying to lose weight AND quit smoking !! Tall ask that !! I met my team yesterday and they advised me to quit smoking - but it's not a decider, thank God coz I couldn't do it right now. Why do you have to lose weight pre-op ?? If you could lose weight like that - you would probably not need surgery !!

Had to loose 10 to get approval....and quit smoking....was killer....but I am a second timer....😥

Second timer ?? Do you mean that you had the op already and are now going for it a second time ?? Did it not work the first time ?? Sorry if I sound ignorant but I'm in Ireland and the procedure is only recently generally available. I'm thinking strongly of having it done - but my daughter is sooo against it. To me, nothing tastes as good as skinny feels !!! I have a neurological illness which has caused my overweight and I'm so fed up with slimming clubs and diets that I want to have Bariatric surgery and just get on with it. What would others advise ..... Do any of you regret having the surgery ??

I had a lap-band 10 years ago....thew up every day....surgeon took it out....now I am waiting to schedule a sleeve...