Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

just a small rant or statement

have any of you tryed to explain the process we go through during our transition of the chosen surgery we have went through ?

not just the weight loss the emotional rolla coaster and resetting our goals in life and that instead of always being the one with the solutions and answers being the one who looks out for yourself so you can help others after self care i can help other, sometimes i need to look out for me first (maybe selfish ) i feel im better after my personal care comes first then i can move forward to help others crazy stuff that goes through my head we are all healing and experiencing trauma in our lives as we move forward one needs to look to eliminate the trauma in their life to move past that and become the person you want to be NOT TO FORGET just move forward in this life we have chosen rant over have a great positive day everyone cheers !!!!!!

Rant away! I have a very judgmental family. (excluding husband and kids, they are great), I'm not going out of my way to tell people, butI am not ashamed and not keeping it a secret because that would place a burden on me. I remind myself that there are many reasons why I chose this surgery and many health issues that no one knows about apart from my husband and kids. Only I know the whole story. For the FIRST time in my life, I am putting myself first so I can enjoy the REST of my life. Cheers to you!

I agree WLS is a roller coaster especially when making the decision to actually have the surgery. Getting to the point of accepting that weight loss surgery is not something to be ashamed of but the celebration of a tool that will enable us to have a longer and healthier life. No shame in looking out for ourselves first.

I also have a very judgmental family the reason I haven't told not one member( except for my children who super supportive). If i don't put myself first no one will.

My favorite assessments which nobody cares much for: Bariatric Surgery is elective mutilation and the diets are structurelized starvation. Well truthfully they are but it was a mutilization I actively sought and reaping the benefits of. And the second also is true , but I did miserable on traditional diets and eating Willy-nilly both. I believe the structure was needed and the only thing starved out of my life were the quick fix, empty calorie things that did not benefit my dietary needs, had minimal Vitamins, no roughage to keep my colon working and were so unsatisfying that I had to eat in another hour to 75 minutes. And that is the barbaric thing to me, that so many places produce this kind of food and it is so hard to find ones serving clean healthy foods, especially in my corner of America.

On 3/23/2019 at 12:59 PM, VIKING 0424 said:

just a small rant or statement

have any of you tryed to explain the process we go through during our transition of the chosen surgery we have went through ?

not just the weight loss the emotional rolla coaster and resetting our goals in life and that instead of always being the one with the solutions and answers being the one who looks out for yourself so you can help others after self care i can help other, sometimes i need to look out for me first (maybe selfish ) i feel im better after my personal care comes first then i can move forward to help others crazy stuff that goes through my head we are all healing and experiencing trauma in our lives as we move forward one needs to look to eliminate the trauma in their life to move past that and become the person you want to be NOT TO FORGET just move forward in this life we have chosen rant over have a great positive day everyone cheers !!!!!!

My husband and kids were the only ones who needed to know the process. My decision affected them directly because we live together. I felt no need to explain it to anyone else.

I love that you posted this. I can’t agree more. One of the best gifts out of surgery is inner change. Self-care, reevaluate toxic relationships, heal from the past and eliminate negativity. Life is short. Work to become the best versions of ourselves (inside and out)

18 hours ago, Healthy_life2 said:

My husband and kids were the only ones who needed to know the process. My decision affected them directly because we live together. I felt no need to explain it to anyone else.

I love that you posted this. I can’t agree more. One of the best gifts out of surgery is inner change. Self-care, reevaluate toxic relationships, heal from the past and eliminate negativity. Life is short. Work to become the best versions of ourselves (inside and out)

AMEN

That's great you have your kids for support!! Like everyone else my family is very judgemental and I had to fight with them the whole way to surgery. I had my surgery, my husband and kids are here holding me together. Good luck on your surgery.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using BariatricPal mobile app