Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's going on with belighter???

I was emailed this message regarding a couple of emails on a lapband yahoo board. Thought some of you might be interested...

Welcome to a world free of AnnMarie. I know first hand about the unmentionable

circumstances. People on these boards will have a field day with your post

though.

Anita

kristie <krizzygirl2002@yahoo.com> wrote:

I was a patient coordinator working with belighter. Due to

unmentionable circumstances I am no longer affiliated with this

company.

Thank you

Kristie Rivington

Here is my response to the situation:

That is very interesting to hear this from you, Anita and Kristie. As far as I am concerned belighter is nothing but a con-artist ploy. It is so nice and sweet of Ann Marie to help us poor obese people connect to Mexico doctors and offer us around the clock lifetime support but at a nice profit for her and her company. I know MANY people who are very angry at the lack of correspondence and concern from belighter once they have had surgery. It was a big THANKS FOR NOTHING. It is not difficult for prospective patients to find the contact information for individual surgeons directly without paying belighter anything. Glad you all finally saw the light but it won't help put extra money spent back in the pockets of victims. Teresa

I thought I was the only one dumped in the dark by BeLighter. Once they had my cash I didnt hear back from anyone till a week after my surgery and this was only when I called them back. Keep in mind I did call 2 days after my surgery with important help questions, and I couldnt seem to get a return call from Kristy (my rep) until I finally reached her the following Tuesday, a week later. I cant think how many times Ive called for assistance, and cant get a return call back. What a scam!!! When they do speak with you its very fake and rushed. Guess they are to busy scamming the next bunch.

Staci

Orando FL

banded in Mexico 12-14-04

NEW QUOTE: (Vickie you keep my other one)

"Twenty years from now you will be more dissappointed by the things that you didnt do, than by the ones you did do."

I'm glad I am not the only one out there who feels this way about that company. I knew Anita Jordon (the first little email in response to Kristies) and she was a total die-hard support belighter and ann-marie fan. I have no idea why the email got sent to me. It seemed to be emailed to me from Anita but we had actually had a disagreement several months ago and had stopped all contact with each other at that time. I wonder what the unmentionable circumstance is? Oh-well, I just found the whole thing curious and knew some of you had used their services as well. I wonder what the possibility is for doing a class action suit against the company? Best wishes, Teresa

The web-sight says they're experts..after-care...It's all False advertising.

I'm in the sueing mode. Are they/she an American based company? I know they have an account set up in Houston. Class action suit, count me in!

Maybe the Better Business Burial should be notified. As far as I'm concerned she's taken to much money and should be stopped.

They are a United States business and I'm in the sueing mood too. I have heard too many complaints about the situation. Lisa works in the law firm, maybe they'll take us on. Ann Marie (I believe is the founder of belighter) either lives in Las Vegas or California now. All the information is on their website www.belighter.com. I'll pm Lisa about the possibility of class action suit or ask my attorney on wednesday when I see him again about my auto accident. Teresa

Yahoo Bandsters and Mexicanbandsters are loaded with Belighter posts...something is going on over there...lots of unhappy people and Teresa from what I have been reading looks like someone is going to sue them also..GO do a search on Bandsters and Mexicanbandsters type in Belighter in the search archives and lots comes up!

Guest glittergrl

Yeah, I had a bad experience with belighter also, they just kept giving me the run around and talked bad about all the other doctors. I chose to go around them and go directly to Dr. Rumbaut. They don't respond back either but at least I did not give any of those reps a profit.

Okay, red flags, red flags!!! help me here by quickly answering if I should be concerned about Dr. Kuri in MX who I found on beliteweight.com ? I doubt it because Iv'e heard nothing but good things...just checking...

thanks everyone!

Dr. Kuri is a wonderful, experienced Dr.

This has nothing to do with the Dr.'s they are representing, it is all about the services they offer and promises they make and never make good on them, they are making money off of you. I bet if you were to call Kuri's office directly your price would be alot cheaper. These women are the middle man, making money of about 1000 per patient sometimes more

Yay, thank you. I will continue researching but I am relieved about Kuri now. I am searching and searching for anything bad about Kuri and nothing. So far, his driver, Miguel has been the only complaint because he was very late pickin up someone. That is it! I understand the middle-man thing and think I have one, I'm not convinced that's a bad thing-I need someone to go to bat for me but I have 2 issues...1)will the support continue after surgery and 2)just what is the price difference? Lots of work to do...thanks

I do not know of too many people who had a middle man that have been pleased with their care & support after surgery. I did not use a middle man because of this reason. The price difference is anywhere from 500-1000 dollars. These companies like belighter.com are not offereing their services for free, they are in it to make money. Do you know the price from belighter? If so call Kuri's office direct and act as if you are a new patient and ask what he charges. do not mention belighter and see the difference . Why do you need someone to go to bat for you? No way would I pay an extra 1000 to have someone do all the leg work for me and then drop me like a hot potato after they get my money. Obviously all of the dishonesty that belighter represents has finally caught up with them for there to be all of this bad publicity on all of the boards. Good Luck to you

Dr. Kuri uses Beliteweight.com not Bellighter, just to clarify in case someone associates the two..I understand what you mean and am taking very serioisly all of the things mentioned here. While I am impressed so far with Beliteweight, I'm certain it is a similar set-up and I want to make sure I don't get a similar result you all have had with Belighter. I don't like to see the bad publicity for Belighter but this is the place to find it, huh? LOVE puplic forums...thanks everyone...I'll be proceeding with caution!

Kathy, Absolutely NO support or after care from Belighter. Further-more some of us believe she, Anne-Marie got some kind of a deal with CJ medical makers of the AMI band which I have and offered this type of band to Dr. Sanchez who banded me. I'm not saying it's a bad band but if it's true she's deceiving. Dr. Sanchez no longer uses her services!

She informed me I would not have any problem getting a fill doctor, but all the doctors she recommended (number 1 on her list Dr. Billy) will not touch a NON-Inamed band.

When I first contacted her about a possible leak or kink in my tubing, she would not respond. She does not care.

Dr. Kuri is a wonderful Doctor.

Teresa If you find any information on anybody doing a case action suit, please let me know. If they can recover any costs I will be willing to offer 50%. It's better than nothing.