Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yup. I regret this.

So, the original trainer I was scheduled with never showed up for either appointment and got fired. lol. The manager gave me two free sessions. I met with my NEW trainer last night and I love him. He is a 7 time State champ in powerlifting and I appreciate how serious he is about form. He was really impressed with what I can already do and that I didn't need any corrections. I'm happy about the exercise thing. I did get a pretty bad headache towards the end doing floor work; I think it's a combo of my BP being weird and me needing to learn how to breathe properly when doing some things.

I've been off the BP meds almost two weeks now. My BP is still jumping around, but slowly leveling out. No cardio yet until I get clearance. My anxiety is definitely noticeably worse, but I think I can manage until mid-April when I have my regularly scheduled psych appointment, rather than schedule an emergency appointment. I just have that constant panicky feeling in my chest... it's more annoying than anything.

The trainer and dietitian said if I am exercising they want me at 100 carbs a day and I am at about 45 right now. The trainer said to start making whole wheat Pasta and eating 2 tbsp of it a day to start, but I have a huge mental block about adding in more carbs because that was my "addiction" prior to surgery. He offered to buy me a box and bring in pre-portioned baggies for me. lol. I am just really scared I don't have the control yet. My plan has me adding in complex carbs at 8 months and I am only 4.5 months, but both people agreed that since I am doing intense workouts I do need to jump the gun and up the carbs. I feel pretty nervous about it.

On 03/13/2019 at 07:55, mousecat88 said:

So, the original trainer I was scheduled with never showed up for either appointment and got fired. lol. The manager gave me two free sessions. I met with my NEW trainer last night and I love him. He is a 7 time State champ in powerlifting and I appreciate how serious he is about form. He was really impressed with what I can already do and that I didn't need any corrections. I'm happy about the exercise thing. I did get a pretty bad headache towards the end doing floor work; I think it's a combo of my BP being weird and me needing to learn how to breathe properly when doing some things.

I've been off the BP meds almost two weeks now. My BP is still jumping around, but slowly leveling out. No cardio yet until I get clearance. My anxiety is definitely noticeably worse, but I think I can manage until mid-April when I have my regularly scheduled psych appointment, rather than schedule an emergency appointment. I just have that constant panicky feeling in my chest... it's more annoying than anything.

The trainer and dietitian said if I am exercising they want me at 100 carbs a day and I am at about 45 right now. The trainer said to start making whole wheat Pasta and eating 2 tbsp of it a day to start, but I have a huge mental block about adding in more carbs because that was my "addiction" prior to surgery. He offered to buy me a box and bring in pre-portioned baggies for me. lol. I am just really scared I don't have the control yet. My plan has me adding in complex carbs at 8 months and I am only 4.5 months, but both people agreed that since I am doing intense workouts I do need to jump the gun and up the carbs. I feel pretty nervous about it.

I think I’m in love with your trainer 😂😂😂
What a sweetheart! I’m so glad you’re BP seems more manageable and good luck with waiting til your appointment in April but please, don’t white knuckle it! If it gets too bad make that call (but I know you will!!) Keep it up! You’re honesty is refreshing 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Lol, not gonna lie... I wish my NUT would tell me to eat 100 gm carbs daily.
Heck, my guys tell me not to go over 40 and I’m walking on my treadmill 10 miles weekly and doing Pilates 3x weekly. 😂😂😂
Maybe I can bribe your guys to talk to mine and I can have more carbs...

On 3/3/2019 at 8:03 PM, notmyname said:

We had surgery around the same time (edited to clarify - I had the sleeve) and I've been feeling the same way. I'm sorry for all you're going through. I am getting more reflux and more nauseated by the day. I could deal with the reflux, but I HATE being nauseous. And I feel like I spend all of my energy trying not to throw up. I am nauseated about 90% of my day every day. I feel SO much worse than I did before. I cry every day. I can eat less today than I could when I started solids 3 months ago. I can hardly drink because I'm so nauseous, and I can't drink within 1.5-2 hours of eating because I hurt so much. The couple times I've talked to my nurse (mostly crying), she's told me that I need to remember that "this is not my life." They said they'll work on figuring all out. That said, I'm not in a position where I feel like I believe her. I regret this mightily. I've even lost a significant amount of weight, and it is still not worth it. I broke down crying at my therapy group this weekend. So, not much help - but just know that you're not alone. I'm trying to look through the fog to see that maybe I'll feel better one day. Because that's what I have to try to believe since this isn't reversible.

Their current proposal is to convert to bypass, even though they're not sure what's wrong other than a hernia. Um, no thanks - you have no idea why I'm nauseated. And they are concerned enough about malnutrition and dehydration to be monitoring me closely to see if I need a PICC line. So, if they don't know what is causing the nausea, and the bypass doesn't fix it and I continue to be nauseous, then I really will be malnourished between the inability to eat and the malabsorption caused by the bypass. Nope. No thank you, ma'am.

I know this is a little late in the game, but I haven't been on the forums in a while. I was curious if they tested you for H. Pylori before surgery or even after?

I don't have H. Pylori - was tested.

1 minute ago, 🅺🅸🅼🅼🅸🅴🅺 said:

I know this is a little late in the game, but I haven't been on the forums in a while. I was curious if they tested you for H. Pylori before surgery or even after?

oh wait - you weren't responding to me. LOL

17 minutes ago, Sheribear68 said:

Lol, not gonna lie... I wish my NUT would tell me to eat 100 gm carbs daily.
Heck, my guys tell me not to go over 40 and I’m walking on my treadmill 10 miles weekly and doing Pilates 3x weekly. 😂😂😂
Maybe I can bribe your guys to talk to mine and I can have more carbs...

You just had surgery a month ago though! lol. I was eating like 15g of carbs a day 1 month out. It was abysmally low. I have been struggling to get it around 40-50 now. I am doing interval training, resistance training, and circuit training with a trainer and yoga. No way I am eating 100g of carbs a day. My brain will never let that happen. I don't want it. I will fall off the wagon hard and so not ready.

On 03/13/2019 at 14:00, mousecat88 said:

You just had surgery a month ago though! lol. I was eating like 15g of carbs a day 1 month out. It was abysmally low. I have been struggling to get it around 40-50 now. I am doing interval training, resistance training, and circuit training with a trainer and yoga. No way I am eating 100g of carbs a day. My brain will never let that happen. I don't want it. I will fall off the wagon hard and so not ready.

Lol. Yeah I can’t even hit 20 carbs most days because it’s all I can do to hold in Protein.
Heck, my sleeve is so tight in the morning that I’m pushing to drink 4-6 ounces milk.
But a girl can dream... 😂😂😂

19 minutes ago, mousecat88 said:

oh wait - you weren't responding to me. LOL

LOLOL No biggie! I'm sure I'll have questions for you too once I get done reading through this thread :P I'm so sorry you feel this way and are regretting surgery :(

EDIT- And you figured out your BP thing! WOOT! Sorry, I just hadn't gotten past the first couple pages lol

Edited by 🅺🅸🅼🅼🅸🅴🅺

On 03/13/2019 at 14:57, 🅺🅸🅼🅼🅸🅴🅺 said:

Before surgery. No H pylori. Two docs from different practices looked at my endoscopy results and were comfortable with the sleeve

I feel a bit better now. On new meds. But I also eat VERY little. Getting half the Protein I need ( and only eat protein) because if I eat more I get super sick still. So different from my first two months after surgery. But, I’ll take dizzy and lightheaded over nauseated any day of the week.

On 3/3/2019 at 9:03 PM, notmyname said:

We had surgery around the same time (edited to clarify - I had the sleeve) and I've been feeling the same way. I'm sorry for all you're going through. I am getting more reflux and more nauseated by the day. I could deal with the reflux, but I HATE being nauseous. And I feel like I spend all of my energy trying not to throw up. I am nauseated about 90% of my day every day. I feel SO much worse than I did before. I cry every day. I can eat less today than I could when I started solids 3 months ago. I can hardly drink because I'm so nauseous, and I can't drink within 1.5-2 hours of eating because I hurt so much. The couple times I've talked to my nurse (mostly crying), she's told me that I need to remember that "this is not my life." They said they'll work on figuring all out. That said, I'm not in a position where I feel like I believe her. I regret this mightily. I've even lost a significant amount of weight, and it is still not worth it. I broke down crying at my therapy group this weekend. So, not much help - but just know that you're not alone. I'm trying to look through the fog to see that maybe I'll feel better one day. Because that's what I have to try to believe since this isn't reversible.

Their current proposal is to convert to bypass, even though they're not sure what's wrong other than a hernia. Um, no thanks - you have no idea why I'm nauseated. And they are concerned enough about malnutrition and dehydration to be monitoring me closely to see if I need a PICC line. So, if they don't know what is causing the nausea, and the bypass doesn't fix it and I continue to be nauseous, then I really will be malnourished between the inability to eat and the malabsorption caused by the bypass. Nope. No thank you, ma'am.

Notmyname, I created an account to mention this: my sister had nausea like you describe for 3 years. Doctors were stumped, but her bariatric surgeon figured out it was her gallbladder. She never had any pain or classic symptoms, just her nausea. Her bariatric surgeon removed it when he did her sleeve and she hasn't felt the nausea since. If you still have your gallbladder, you might consider having it checked since losing a lot of weight often causes issues.

On 03/20/2019 at 01:00, Cheatachu582 said:

Notmyname, I created an account to mention this: my sister had nausea like you describe for 3 years. Doctors were stumped, but her bariatric surgeon figured out it was her gallbladder. She never had any pain or classic symptoms, just her nausea. Her bariatric surgeon removed it when he did her sleeve and she hasn't felt the nausea since. If you still have your gallbladder, you might consider having it checked since losing a lot of weight often causes issues.

Thanks. I have an appointment in a couple weeks and will talk to my doc.

Dehydration can cause ALL kinds of terrible nausea. We all must force feed our water/liquids to keep up with it. And you will see, as you become more and more hydrated, a lot of non-physical related nausea goes away, healing happens, and more fat loss occurs.

I am so sorry you are going thru this! Please try to get to the bottom of this before giving up. Many of us have a battle(or more) of some sorts with our bodies adjusting to the change that causes us to question our surgery.

For me I developed uncontrollable diarrhea (15-20 times a day and with the worst smell) that put me in the hospital. Every test came back negative and they never did find out what was wrong but eventually found a drug to control it. Went on for over a month and I just noticed today(3 months later) that the horrible smell was finally gone :) . I was so worried that I was not going to be able to live like that.

Do you go to a support group. Could help talking with others since your mom is not very supportive.

P.S. Just saw you found the problem! Great detective work! :)

Edited by marly18

On 3/20/2019 at 7:05 AM, notmyname said:
On 3/20/2019 at 1:00 AM, Cheatachu582 said:

Thanks. I have an appointment in a couple weeks and will talk to my doc.

I had horrific, constant nausea every time I ate or drank anything. It was my gallbladder (no pain or anything like that). Had it out in January and instantly fixed that issue.