Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have you had your 2nd fill?

Those who have had your second fills, are you noticing any difference? I have my second one next week and I'm really hoping for a big change. I can eat as much as I could before the band most of the time. What makes me mad is that when I eat junk food (chips and such) these things fill me up quickly but when I eat the stuff that is good for me and that I am supposed to be eating such as oatmeal, Protein, etc, I rarely feel full. What's up with that? Well, I was just wondering if your second fill helped more than the first for any of you. Thanks.

Yup...I could tell a difference after the second fill. I'm actually getting a third on Tuesday! Woot!

Hello everyone! I had my third fill yesterday. I have been SO discouraged as I too could eat the same amount of food as I did befor the surgery. I asked my husband why we paid almost $17,000 for there to be no change or difference. I was thinking that maybe the band had slipped and that it wasn't going to work for me.

Well let me tell you, it WORKS!! My doctor explained that each person will feel that restriction needed to loose weight at differnt stages of the journey. He said that typically, someone who is very large will have more fat around their stomach which will tighten the band allowing for less fills. He said it is a balancing act and that he has to find that "special" spot for each individual.

He over filled me and he had to take out some saline before I left the office yesterday. But it is FINALLY working. I can only eat very small amounts and lost 2 lbs from yesterday. I was relieved to know that the surgery will work but it might take a little time.

If after a few fills you are not feeling restriction, you may want to have your doctor check to see if you have a leak. My doctor said that occasionally the tube can be puctured with the needle used for fills which causes all the saline to leak and your band to not tighten. This can be checked by saline being removed from your port. If it comes out then you do not have a leak and new saline can be reinserted.

All I can say is, be patient. Work with your doctor and let your doctor know your feelings. Stay strong and remember this is not a magic pill. You still have to exercise and eat sensibly.

Hope this helps!

~Kellie from AZ:)

Had my surgery on 9-21 and still haven't had my 1st fill....was back to the surgeon last week to get my 1st fill and we are waiting for another month....still have restrictions from original surgery....am hungry sometimes, but get a little more Protein either with food or Isopure and am good to go !

Those who have had your second fills, are you noticing any difference? I have my second one next week and I'm really hoping for a big change. I can eat as much as I could before the band most of the time. What makes me mad is that when I eat junk food (chips and such) these things fill me up quickly but when I eat the stuff that is good for me and that I am supposed to be eating such as oatmeal, Protein, etc, I rarely feel full. What's up with that? Well, I was just wondering if your second fill helped more than the first for any of you. Thanks.

I had my 2nd fill last thursday and I can feel a BIG difference. I didn't feel any different after my 1st but now I can. I can really feel it in the mornings. I even have a hard time drinking my Protein shake, but by the evening I can eat pretty much whatever and not feel much restriction. I just hope it lasts for a while. Good luck with your fill, hope it does the trick!

Wow Georgia girl, you are doing great with your loss!!! Keep up the good work!

Thanks, it's been really hard but I am so pleased with my results so far. Now that I have some restriction I hope will get a little easier.

I haven't had a fill yet. I am still loosing 1-2 pounds a week which is fine with me! We are going to re-evaluate 12/28 and see if I need a fill then. I can eat whatever I want, but stick to the bandster rules and fill up on Protein first- very little carbs. I have only had 2 episodes were I ate a little too much and had some chest discomfort (should have stopped with half that stuffed bell pepper!) Unfortunately, my eyes still think that my stomach can hold more that it does.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have restriction. WOOHOO! I got my 2nd fill yesterday and can DEFINITELY tell a difference. It's great. I drank 2 small cups of apple juice this morning and was planning on having a Protein Shake on my way to work but I was so full from the apple juice, I had to put my Protein shake in the fridge for later. This is great. I don't really care for the tightness I feel in my chest/throat area but I can deal with it because I LOVE not being hungry....woohoo!!!

I had my second fill yesterday - ugg! I had 2 ccs before, and yesterday he put in 1 1/2 ccs. I KNEW I shouldn't have left the office, but I did anyway. I was literally foaming at the mouth and couldn't swallow my spit. I called back, very embarassed, and asked for an unfill. He took a full cc out.

Wow. What a difference!!! Now I know what too tight and just right are!

I did the same thing, yesterday had my second fill. Started foaming about after i left the office, but i didnt go back. NOW I have to go back today, wish I would have gone back right then. I cant get liquids in, a sip or two and that is it. I didnt want to get any out ! I regret it now. Going in this morning to get some out. Give yourself a least 15 minutes or so after you drink and eat the cracker after the fill. I left too quickly.

i just had my second fill last week and i still can't really tell much difference. I still feel like i am totally using willpower to not eat everyting in sight. I don't ever get a real full feeling. I don't go back for another fill until January. I am starting to get worried but i keep reading about others who didn't really get a good restriction until the third or forth fill....

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

I had half of what he put in for the second fill taken back out. I am much better, still have restriction but I can drink a little bit sips at a time and even got a little bit of soft foods in today. Lost two pounds yesterday from the tightness. I know that will come back fast. LOL. Everyone is different, I have the small ap band and I am thrilled to have tightness now. TOO tight is horrible though. Happy thanksgiving !!

Went for 1st fill appt. last Monday. The doctor decided to not fill because I'm still losing an average of 2-3 lbs. per week. So, I will be checking in with him in early January. I hope I can keep this up without the fill!