Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Psych Eval not clear

Does anyone know why a psych eval report wouldn’t say negative or positive? (Hit a bump on the road)

Bump, hopefully someone may have a response for you

It has been a long time since I went through the Psych Eval. As I recall the two outcomes of the eval are:

You are cleared to go forward with the surgery, or

You need to resolve your psych issues first before you can proceed.

Update: finally got the call that i been waiting for. For the last 2 months the psychologist and my surgeon have been playing phone tag but i just got the call that everything got cleared up, the psychologist will be resubmit the report more clearly saying that he approves me for surgery. Now the waiting still continues now that we have to submit to appeal to my insurance and wait on all that and hope for approval

Update: finally got the call that i been waiting for. For the last 2 months the psychologist and my surgeon have been playing phone tag but i just got the call that everything got cleared up, the psychologist will be resubmit the report more clearly saying that he approves me for surgery. Now the waiting still continues now that we have to submit to appeal to my insurance and wait on all that and hope for approval
I found your dilemma you had like me. I did go pick up physic evaulation and took it to surgeons office. I hope they took the paper work to the insurance ladies office. I guess I will have to call again. They will be glad when I have the surgery so I quit calling. By now you've had your surgery hope your doing well.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using BariatricPal mobile app

On 07/23/2019 at 18:30, debra102364 said:

I found your dilemma you had like me. I did go pick up physic evaulation and took it to surgeons office. I hope they took the paper work to the insurance ladies office. I guess I will have to call again. They will be glad when I have the surgery so I quit calling. By now you've had your surgery hope your doing well.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes! Hehe ya during this i was telling my mom that if they would get everything correct i wouldn’t be bothering them every other week.

I actually have not gotten surgery yet. I was given a July 8th day but because of work I had to push it back so now I will be having it on August 19th. I have my pre administration at the hospital next Tuesday July 30th, August 12 my pre-op appointment with my surgeon and then surgery on August 19th at 9am 😊

It will not be much longer for you. I am getting excited for you. Hope I have mine the same time as you, then we can share our journey and encourage each other but we will no matter what. August here we come.

I think if paperwork goes well it will be end of August first of September. If it is in September, it will have to be 2nd week because I have a retreat coming up the first week of September. Praying for you!

The surgeon I'm using is an all in one stop. They have the dietitians on staff as well as the psychologist. The positive thing is I will have their support free for life after surgery. I did have a bit of an issue with the psychologist. My insurance will not cover barbaric surgery; therefore I am self pay. I am also a stay at home mom. The psychologist felt that because I didn't work, I could have issues paying even though my husband fully supports me having the surgery. She was going to take it to her team and call me the following Monday. I digested this over the weekend and the more I thought about it, the angrier I became. Why would a psychologist be making financial decisions? What business is it of hers? Regardless of my work situation, I am still entitled to 50% of all marital assets including my husband's 401k. And regardless of all of this, all fees have to be paid in advance.

First thing Monday morning, I tried calling the psychologist and ended up leaving her a voice mail. I then called one of the nurses who actually enrolled me into the program. She sent me to the supervisor who contacted the psychologist. The psychologist told her an entirely different story which further caused me concern. The psychologist did call me back and said they didn't have the staff meeting as she thought was scheduled and that she would be bringing it up at that week's meeting (Thursday). She said she'd call me after the meeting. I heard from the grape vine that when she did bring my situation up, the Head Surgeon said it wasn't her call and to clear me.

I am now two weeks away from surgery. I doubt I'll ever use her for anything after surgery.

Edited by MaddyMae

Wow, Newbie! A psychologist is supposed to help you resolve control issues. Seems like she may have a few unresolved control issues herself! I think I would avoid her as well.