Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Paranoid or maybe not...?

Just shy of 4 weeks post op....and everything has been going well so far. I'm still on soft foods and have been on plan mostly hitting my targets every day but well over 100 ounces of Water daily so I am not dehydrated. Only vomitted a few times and it was mostly cuz I tried to hoover my food and well...

So Saturday I carried a few grocery bags in since I was alone and put them all in one hand (probably over 5lbs) but not too heavy that i was in pain or anything. Saturday night I started with a little twinge/cramp/pain on my left side ...lower abdomen. FIgured coincidence but I also realized I hadnt had a good soft BM in like two days- and the ones I had were sort of pebbly and harder. So i started Miralax. Sunday...still a little pain but I had a BM but it wasn't soft and fluffy. Probably all the Protein and cheese I have been consuming! So I took another dose and today back to "normal" but...now the pain/twinges are also on the right lower side- basically in line w/ my belly button but these are more noticable and almost feels like someone squeezes every so often. Doesn't really hurt a lot but is for sure not comfy. I am on a PPI every day and I was okay'd to start coffee as long as use FF cream/milk. So i do have about 12 ounces of coffee most days with cream.....

Everywhere else I feel fine but now I am being a worry wort. I did call my dr's office and left a message for a nurse. I am mostly concerned if there is a blockage (but again no vomitting and I can eat okay) or an ulcer but I dont really have those symptoms. Sooooo any thoughts? other than wait for the dr to call :) TIA!

Edited by CurvyMom

Sorry you're experiencing this. I'd say wait to hear from the doc. It could be so many things.

Just now, FluffyChix said:

Sorry you're experiencing this. I'd say wait to hear from the doc. It could be so many things.

Thanks.. I am waiting- IMPATIENTLY...but waiting.

I am extra gassy today too-- hmm maybe that's what it is. I better lay off the cheese for a few days :)

Just now, FluffyChix said:

cheese will TEAR me up. LOL. ;)

I have really just been eating string cheese some days and cottage cheese. I loveee cheese damnit LOL

But it's making my fat numbers too high - so I need to cut back :(

Doc still hasn't called me back...sigh but i did take a tums last night and it resolved whatever it was. I also added some Fiber to my Protein Shake. So who knows what it was/is...maybe just some indigestion from trying new foods but we shall see.....I don't expect that to be the only time I feel a little wonky. 🤷‍♀️

Pro Tip:. Get Gummy Fiber things. Far easier to digest, no mixing, tastes good.

I have Fiber Choice Fruity Bites. 2 gummies are 10 cal, 4 carb, 3 dietary fiber 1g sugar.

Also use Vitafusion Fiber Well. 10 cal, 7carb, 5 dietary fiber,

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using BariatricPal mobile app

11 minutes ago, wjgo said:

Pro Tip:. Get Gummy Fiber things. Far easier to digest, no mixing, tastes good.

I have Fiber Choice Fruity Bites. 2 gummies are 10 cal, 4 carb, 3 dietary fiber 1g sugar.

Also use Vitafusion Fiber Well. 10 cal, 7carb, 5 dietary fiber,

Thank you- once I am allowed gummies I will look into this- for now I am still stuck w/ powder....blek

I hated the typical fiber suppliments. I think you could do the gummies, if you chew them completely, you are a month out, most patients are on normal food in Two weeks. If not you could cut them I not slivers.

Just now, wjgo said:

I hated the typical Fiber suppliments. I think you could do the gummies, if you chew them completely, you are a month out, most patients are on normal food in Two weeks. If not you could cut them I not slivers.

Yeah I am eating ground meats and such- a little at a time. I see my NUT in two weeks so I will make sure these are good...in the meantime I will just use the fiber powder I have because I have a good amount left and I want it gone :) waste not want not.....