Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First real temptation

Okay so 17 days out from being sleeved and here I am for a big family wedding. My nephew is getting married and he’s been engaged for 2 years.
No expense has been spared by either set of parents and its more of an entire weekend rather than “just” a wedding.
Me and hubs have had our airline tickets and hotel reservations for over 6 months and the ENTIRE family is flying in from multiple countries to attend.
So I’ve only been on purées for 3 days and here I am traveling and in a hotel.
After a loooong 8 hrs travel, I managed to drink 60 ounces Water and eat zero Protein.
I did bring some of the oatmeal and hot chocolate protein and had room service bring me a boiled egg.
Couldn’t finish either one.
Then we go to the rehearsal dinner which is a giant, catered cocktail party with open bar, millions of appetizers, and then a 4 course meal. The meal alone took over 2 hours from start to finish.
Then there was dessert drinks and desserts... about 6 different kinds.

I’m very proud to say that I took very small bites from each course: like 1-2 tablespoons each and then had about 2 ounces of the chicken.
No beverage and zero Desserts.
Hardly anyone there knew I’ve had surgery, and kept trying to push drink after drink at me and I had to “fake” several toasts.
I finally begged one of the bartenders to serve me ice water in a highball glass with lime and I pretended to people it was a vodka water with lime.

As I sit here exhausted back in my hotel room, I realize I have to do this all again tomorrow for the wedding 😭😭😭
A bus is coming to pick us all up tomorrow and I’ll be several more hours surrounded by drinks I can’t drink and food I can barely eat.
On the upside, I feel quite empowered by my success so far and what will get me through tomorrow is the knowledge that I will be so PROUD of myself once this is over.

It must be hard, but you have done well. Congratulations on that. I also have a few upcoming events and none there will know that I had the surgery either. If I can handle myself as well as you have I will be proud.

Well done on getting through a tough challenge

Ahh. Now it is today and new challenges are about to begin.
I’m feeling stronger because I have about 5-6 hours sleep under my belt.
I am going to need to find a way to confide in my nephew after the ceremony though because the last thing he said to me last night was that I better bring my dancing shoes to the venue.
Lol, I’m still too sore from surgery to even think about dancing

Don't confide. Rock through it. You're doing a great job! If he wonders, just tell him you had a little procedure done...that way you don't usurp and upstage his big day.

You're a rockstar and doing tremendously! Congrats! Remember to chew chew and chew some more. It will make puree in your mouth.

Thanks! I’ll definitely think about that advice. I seriously might just tell him I’m a bit under the weather (which isn’t a lie) and don’t feel like my stomach can handle dancing (also true). As a cancer survivor, I can’t be vague about any kind of procedure because everyone assumes the worst and it might worry him more on his big day.
Later I will tell both my nephews, once this is over and they’ve had a chance to recover from this weekend.
Oh yeah chewing an chewing and chewing yesterday completely got me through the salad course, and one appetizer course, the veggies and then the chicken. Wow, I’ve forgotten how DRY things like banquet chicken are. 🤣🤣🤣
Oh yeah... and there were delicious-looking mashed potatoes on my plate and I didn’t taste even one bite.

Ohhhh yeah. Nope as a cancer survivor you can't do that for sure. You'll figure it out though! You're doing great!

Thanks! Figuring this out as I go...

13 minutes ago, Sheribear68 said:

Thanks! Figuring this out as I go...

Yes! Exactly! We each have to figure things out and hack our bodies in order to develop those life-long new and healthy relationships with food, alcohol, and socialization that will keep us at our healthy goal weights for life rather than to returning to another day/night at the Obesity Ball.

Okay so update: today was as rough as I thought it might be but I learned 2 lessons:
1. Don’t ever try to eat a single poached egg with hollandaise sauce. Hubs ordered eggs Benedict for Breakfast and the plan was for me to eat one of his eggs.
I even scraped a lot of the sauce off, but about 30 minutes after eating I was in complete AGONY. I’ve eaten eggs 3 times this week so I’m guessing it was the sauce. All I could do was pace around in the hotel room bc lying down or sitting hurt too much.
Had to take 2 Zofran, but thank goodness the nausea and the intense spasms faded by time to start getting ready.
2. I learned that i can sit through an entire reception dinner and eat 3 bites of flank steak (lots of chewing) and 4 green Beans and I’ll survive.
Again, drinks were flowing like crazy and don’t even get me started on the table entirely made up of champagne flutes, lol.
I was starting to get cranky bc by the time dinner came I’d not eaten anything for over 10 hours, but just that teensy bit of food fixed me
Okay so I completely missed my Protein goal by a mile, but tomorrow is a travel day and then I’m back home

You must be absolutely exhausted! I hope you can get some rest and get back to looking after YOU now. Well done for getting through it.

Yes. Had a 2 hour layover between flights and just had the BEST lunch. Hubs ordered bruschetta and I had some Tomato and goat cheese and then we ordered lamb meatballs. Lol, was only able to eat 1/2 meatball and some cheese and tomato, but it was delicious.
Now rested and ready to get on the second flight home