Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Constant Struggles and Vomitting/Nasuea/Illness in general???

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 11:45 PM, elcee said:

Wait 2 hours after eating before drinking? That’s taking things a bit far

yeah my doc says 30mins is sufficient now

I am almost 9 months post surgery and you are eating things that I can't tolerate like red meat. It takes a long time for the body /sleeve to start tolerating certain foods. At 4 months out I was still eating mainly blended foods. So I had Soup but with blended chicken. Everything I blended and made into mush.

Beans made me vomit! I can only eat about 2 tablespoons of beans now before I will start to gag.

Stick with the foods that make you least nauseated and don't force your body to accept the ones that are making you vomit. I can only eat chicken, soft fish like cod and 2 strips of bacon. Sometimes I can have a little ground beef but it hurts my stomach. And I am almost 9 months out and you are only 4.

I definitely took the acid blockers up to 6 months after surgery, every single day. very important. Someone also mentioned in this thread that you have to take acidophilus when you have been on a course of antibiotics. So, so important to repopulate your gut with good bacteria.

Up to this day plain Water makes me feel nauseated, even though I force myself to drink it. Adding flavour takes away the nausea

My husband was sleeved 11/29 and did ok the first month or so and then totally regressed. He had constant nausea and difficulty holding anything down. The dr. upped his antacid and order an upper GI that appeared normal. Finally they did an endoscopy and it revealed he had a severe stricture. He had to go back twice for balloon dilation to stretch it out. Nausea is such a common side effect after the sleeve that I feel sometimes it can get dismissed too easily.

I am almost 9 months post surgery and you are eating things that I can't tolerate like red meat. It takes a long time for the body /sleeve to start tolerating certain foods. At 4 months out I was still eating mainly blended foods. So I had Soup but with blended chicken. Everything I blended and made into mush.
Beans made me vomit! I can only eat about 2 tablespoons of beans now before I will start to gag.
Stick with the foods that make you least nauseated and don't force your body to accept the ones that are making you vomit. I can only eat chicken, soft fish like cod and 2 strips of bacon. Sometimes I can have a little ground beef but it hurts my stomach. And I am almost 9 months out and you are only 4.
I definitely took the acid blockers up to 6 months after surgery, every single day. very important. Someone also mentioned in this thread that you have to take acidophilus when you have been on a course of antibiotics. So, so important to repopulate your gut with good bacteria.
Up to this day plain Water makes me feel nauseated, even though I force myself to drink it. Adding flavour takes away the nausea
As far as eating, you're eating things I can't tolerate at all. Even adding flavor to water still makes me sick enough to throw up. My doctor has agreed I'm eating things that are totally fine for the stage I'm at, now I just have to eat less than I already am. Thanks for responding

Sent from my LG-LS777 using BariatricPal mobile app

My husband was sleeved 11/29 and did ok the first month or so and then totally regressed. He had constant nausea and difficulty holding anything down. The dr. upped his antacid and order an upper GI that appeared normal. Finally they did an endoscopy and it revealed he had a severe stricture. He had to go back twice for balloon dilation to stretch it out. Nausea is such a common side effect after the sleeve that I feel sometimes it can get dismissed too easily.
That's what I feel like to, I have to take medicine specific to nausea three to four times a day. I feel like that's a bit extreme and something has to be going on but my doctor thinks otherwise.

5 minutes ago, JaminJ said:

That's what I feel like to, I have to take medicine specific to nausea three to four times a day. I feel like that's a bit extreme and something has to be going on but my doctor thinks otherwise.

I would ask for an endoscopy. I felt like that was the only way to rule out a stricture and actually see what was going on. Good luck!

I would ask for an endoscopy. I felt like that was the only way to rule out a stricture and actually see what was going on. Good luck!
I have had an endoscopy sometime last month, it showed up normal but I know things can be overlooked, I may ask about a stricture with my next appointment. Thank you!

And I hope jaminj that a new endoscopy or other exam gives you the answers you need. I have had a stomal stricture and multiple jejuneal ulcerations, not fun, hard to heal, been on Carafate since October, every 6 hours round the clock- 6AM Noon 6PM Midnight and Zofran 8am- 4pm- 10pm every since my RnY surgery September 5th, a PICC line November 29 2018- February 26 2019 so I have fought the nausea battle and I'm still going on strong through it all. I still believe,i will have the Victory I deserve. This is not the oath I would have chosen but I will make the best of it, I guess I am the Endurance Model of Girl.🚕I think of me as a jalopy, not the sleekest model out there, but I am sturdy dependable and when the Ferarris and Lambos have blown their engines and had to be scrapped i'll be still putt-putting along down my road!