Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stomach spasms...the agony

I got sick with a bad cold last week and started having stomach spasms. At first I thought it was something I ate, disagreeing with my stomach. It kept happening though. There hasn't been much that takes the pain away, except for drinking some hot herbal tea. It's also caused me to vomit more than I would care to. A lot of times it's painful dry heaves though. I go to see the gastroenterologist on the 19th and i'm hoping they can figure things out. Has anyone else experienced this?

6 hours ago, AlteredReality said:

I got sick with a bad cold last week and started having stomach spasms. At first I thought it was something I ate, disagreeing with my stomach. It kept happening though. There hasn't been much that takes the pain away, except for drinking some hot herbal tea. It's also caused me to vomit more than I would care to. A lot of times it's painful dry heaves though. I go to see the gastroenterologist on the 19th and i'm hoping they can figure things out. Has anyone else experienced this?

When I left the hospital I had a script for medication to counter act stomach spasms. I would ask your surgeon if you could get one for your stomach.

When I left the hospital I had a script for medication to counter act stomach spasms. I would ask your surgeon if you could get one for your stomach.
I will have to see if she can. If she doesn't, i'm sure the gastroenterologist will be able to prescribe something when I see him next Tuesday

Hope you feel better soon. 🙂

Hope you feel better soon. [emoji846]
Thank you

How are you feeling?

How are you feeling?
I have some good days and bad days. The medicines they gave me aren't really helping much. I go to the gastroenterologist tomorrow. So hopefully I will be able to get some type of relief

Please know I have been thinking of and praying for you. I hope your gastroenterologist visit is helpful quickly.

Please know I have been thinking of and praying for you. I hope your gastroenterologist visit is helpful quickly.
Thank you so much...I truly appreciate that!!! My appointment was very helpful. Turns out there is sludge in my gall bladder and they feel that is what caused the ulcer. So my gastroenterologist is sending me to a surgeon and has suggested that my gall bladder be removed.

Keep us updated on further developments; hope you get desludged soon! 😝

2 hours ago, AlteredReality said:
On 2/28/2019 at 3:22 PM, Goody222 said:

Thank you so much...I truly appreciate that!!! My appointment was very helpful. Turns out there is sludge in my gall bladder and they feel that is what caused the ulcer. So my gastroenterologist is sending me to a surgeon and has suggested that my gall bladder be removed.

So glad to read that they are working on a solution. Surgery us not ever fun but I hope that it provides you with peace and the ability to enjoy your life and all of your hard work. Will continue to pray for your healing. Please keep us updated .

Keep us updated on further developments; hope you get desludged soon! [emoji13]
Thank you and I will[emoji847]

So glad to read that they are working on a solution. Surgery us not ever fun but I hope that it provides you with peace and the ability to enjoy your life and all of your hard work. Will continue to pray for your healing. Please keep us updated .
Thank you and I definitely will