Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have two NSV's this week I am super excited about!

1. My boss gave me a few of her pairs of jeans about a month ago.. and they barely hit the sides of my hips. I was able to put them on comfortably on Sunday!!! YAY!! I was so excited.

2. This morning, i went to tie my sneakers and i didn't realize till i was almost done that my leg was not up on the bed sideways so i could tie the shoe but crossed over my leg sitting up!!.. I thought i was dreaming when i realized it.

What are your NSV's this week?

great job !!!!! keep up the progress doing great .

Sometimes the Non-scale victories are more exciting than the numbers on the scale going down. Hooray for NSVs!

I live on a steep hill. Presurgery I always had to stop 2-3 times to catch my breath when walking up the hill. Now I can walk up the hill without stopping. I feel like Rocky!!

4 minutes ago, DeeberLee said:

I live on a steep hill. Presurgery I always had to stop 2-3 times to catch my breath when walking up the hill. Now I can walk up the hill without stopping. I feel like Rocky!!

Go Rocky!! YES... I know that feeling well and it's a good one

4 hours ago, VIKING 0424 said:

great job !!!!! keep up the progress doing great .

Thank you!

4 hours ago, GradyCat said:

Sometimes the Non-scale victories are more exciting than the numbers on the scale going down. Hooray for NSVs!

I totally agree! I did not even realize the shoe thing till i finished tying my second shoe lol

3 hours ago, DeeberLee said:

That is awesome! Great Job! Keep up the great work!

This is awesome, congratulations!!

For me, it was realizing I am down 2-3 sizes from when I started this journey. It was so surreal having to return an article of clothing to get a smaller size.

Yay for NSVs!!

Today, I realized that I could reach to snap and unsnap my bra. I've been pulling them over my head already done up! That was a surprise. So is the ease with which I can tie my shoelaces now. I think the NSV's are the best!

I had to buy smaller underwear! Yay!

Huge NSV’s yesterday. Went to Disneyland two week two days post op. I fit and could easily get off and on rides I haven’t even attempted for years! Weird though...the two roller coasters I went on usually tickle my tummy. Not this time. I guess there is less to tickle?!?!

I have a strange quasi- NSV. Now you all know I never lose inches , at least I had myself convinced that way. Doubting Thomas must have had a cousin , I'm Doubting Dora. Anyway I decided to put in my earrings, I'm triple- pierced,one for each child. I had a pair with very short posts, seldom wore them because they were not comfortable, well they are kind of pretty so I decided to put them in, my gosh when I started losing off my fat ,my earlobes must have lost weight also because the shorties fit fine.

I have a business trip coming up and I went to Talbot’s in person to get some help figuring out what size suit was going to work. Before surgery I was 20W. I thought I was an 18W and I’m a straight size 16!

I have something I'm happy about, instead of a NSV it is an TSV but there is no " thread " for that! READY? I now weigh less than my son the Tomkitten! Does this give us the same BMI? Nope, PCP says he measures nearly 2 inches taller, do I am beat still there but I believe that may come also. On my official ( bariatric scale at clinic in Columbus) I am 245.1 pounds, he is 245.4. I am weeping my teats💦 of joy , at my highest we were very very far apart in weight and I felt it was insurmountable. Even if he does try to lose weight, and since PCP has taken to put " Morbid Obesity" on his appointment summeries, he told me I may talk to Dr Needleman at your next visit, he doesn't have the GERD I did, so might be a mere metabolic weight loser or at worst as VSG. Told him that will be between you, Dr Needleman or Dr Noria, because that is who I am fated to see in Apriln this is a decision your. Mother can't make for YOu!
But for a short time I can really be called his LITTLE MAMA and it will be the truth.👸 &👨