Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery In 2.5 Weeks and I Haven't Told Husband Yet...

I honestly used tylenol liquid (max dose) every 4-6 hours can't remember how soon you can take it each time, and used tramadol and neuronton at night. But I frankly didn't need it. They started me on that combination the evening of surgery. I only have big pain meds the first morning and afternoon. It's better/easier recovery the fewer narcotics you have in your system.

Glad the narcissist pretended to be human and go with the plan with so many eyes watching him hubs was supportive!

Yes that is correct only Tylenol. Snip Snip Snip Water that is all for a couple of days. Even warm broth or tea if you can not handle the cold/warm water. Plus keep moving, walking believe me the more you do the more the gas pain will come out. Try every hour to walk around the house 3 times. You can do this!!!!! So happy Hubby is going with you on this as of today. Just keep thinking of where you what to be in a year with your weight. Hugs and kisses

On 02/07/2019 at 21:24, Boldilocks said:

He just said to use Tylenol, and that in 15 years of practice he had never had anyone need more than that. Then he said that if I wanted to, I could alternate with Ibuprofen. I said that I thought I wasn't supposed to take that, and he said that I could take it if he said it was ok to take it.

It's fine when I'm still - but it's when I try to turn over in bed, or go from sitting to standing or sitting to lying that it hurts. It's not just the incision sites, but it feels like a clamp around my diaphragm and I can't breathe deeply. To be honest, it feels just like when I had my c-sections - and I was given meds for those!

It never occured to me that I'd have a major organ extracted and not receive pain meds.

I had to use a dining room chair with arms next to me the first 4/5 days to help push myself up to a sitting position. It was similar to having the sides of the hospital bed to help push up. And since you mentioned csection im sure you’re using a small pillow when you cough or sneeze. I hope the drugs your Dr ok’d are bringing you some relief

7 hours ago, FluffyChix said:

Glad the narcissist pretended to be human and go with the plan with so many eyes watching him hubs was supportive!

Oh don't worry - I'm on to any of that. Right now it behooves me to receive his overtures as genuine as they are private, not public, and I benefit. But I'm always ready to shut any of his bullshit down!

I have definitely been up and moving a lot, as well as taking my gas-ex, and getting in more than 64 oz of fluids a day. I am typically a slow healer from surgery, and I've been here before. There has been research to show that redheads with pale skin do need more medication - it's been true for me with past surgeries and at the dentist.

But if my Dr doesn't believe me, there isn't much I can do. If I was drug-seeking, I could think of easier ways to do it than go through an intensive 6 month programme and then have a major organ cut out...

1 hour ago, Boldilocks said:

I have definitely been up and moving a lot, as well as taking my gas-ex, and getting in more than 64 oz of fluids a day. I am typically a slow healer from surgery, and I've been here before. There has been research to show that redheads with pale skin do need more medication - it's been true for me with past surgeries and at the dentist.

But if my Dr doesn't believe me, there isn't much I can do. If I was drug-seeking, I could think of easier ways to do it than go through an intensive 6 month programme and then have a major organ cut out...

Wow you getting in 64 oz. I still can’t get that much in

1 hour ago, Liz The New Me said:

Wow you getting in 64 oz. I still can’t get that much in

Yeah - pretty easily in fact. I know that it'll be when I eat food that I'll feel restriction, but it is a little worrying that I seem to be able to glug fluids back without any problems.

Boldilocks first of all congrats with your surgery and glad that your husband has seen the light. I also have had a really easy time with fluids but my difficulties started with solid food. Everyone reacts so differently at the various stages. Good luck and hope your husband keep up the positive attitude!

Exactly what bodycando said! I was constantly comparing my ability to consume drinks with no problems and then the purées/yogurts at the next phase to others. I was convinced my surgeon left too large of a pouch. He convinced me everyone is different and the food stage would prove different. And it has. (I was sleeved 1/21)

19 hours ago, Boldilocks said:

more than 64 oz of fluids a day.

@Boldilocks

wow, that's great - many OP have trouble drinking Water. in my case i was told not to

gulp for awhile (don't remember how long) double check with your NUT/doc, about "gulping",

see what they say about drinking

a few aches and pains, here and there do happen to some. I agree with OP that not

giving you strong drugs was crazy!! (i'd like to see dr as a patient in pain, being told

that he couldn't have more meds!)

you deserve a hugeeeee pat on your back for standing up for yourself, having the WLS

despite what husbands thoughts might have been. Kudos

glad/surprised that hubby has been understanding and supportive. you are going through a

specially hard time PO. Hope he will continue to change his tune. But i agree to be wary -

whatever time period he is helpful, be grateful!!

good luck with your new sleeve

kathy

good luck

Good luck to you hon~ It sounds like you've put time and energy into all of this, and will do what is right for you and your life. I hope that you have good friends and maybe some decent support on line here (or elsewhere) that will see you through the rough spots. It is always difficult for one person in a relationship to go through this type of surgery while the partner does not. Whether they know and are supportive or they don't or aren't supportive. It's such a complete lifestyle change and it sounds like you're a strong woman who can do this with or without his support and of course you recognize the potential pitfalls and bad reactions you may encounter. I wish for you a successful surgery and recovery, and many years of health added to your life.