Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did you have to share a room in the hospital?

I had to share a room with the worst human being on the planet!!!! I hate her

But...it was like a day and a half and then I never had to see or hear her stupid face again. So in the big picture, I wouldn’t let it spoil your experience. If I made it through with Helga the she devil, you’ll be fine

On 1/13/2019 at 2:44 PM, NYJenn said:

But...it was like a day and a half and then I never had to see or hear her stupid face again. So in the big picture, I wouldn’t let it spoil your experience. If I made it through with Helga the she devil, you’ll be fine

LOL...great!!

My last surgery I had to share a room with a lady who did nothing but fart and belch constantly. I felt like I was going to be ill having to spend a day and a half with that lady. And aside from that she talked constantly even when I told her I was putting earbuds in to listen to my audio book. ugh.

On 1/16/2019 at 12:59 PM, jasmineinmymind said:

My last surgery I had to share a room with a lady who did nothing but fart and belch constantly. I felt like I was going to be ill having to spend a day and a half with that lady. And aside from that she talked constantly even when I told her I was putting earbuds in to listen to my audio book. ugh.

I was chuckling at this thread until I got your post and totally LOL'd at my desk :D That sounds like a horrendous experience!!! I'm so used to my blissful solitude at home, I'd end up chuckin' a pillow at the person at some point :P

Edited by 🅺🅸🅼🅼🅸🅴🅺

I had another person in my room. A young guy who had an elevated blood glucose level. He was being monitored to get his levels down. We were not a bother to each other during my one night stay. In fact, we had some pleasant conversations.

Somehow I lucked out with a private room, which I was not expecting. I am extremely private and introverted and it was a pleasant relief. I did not vomit after my surgery, and when my surgeon checked on me, I told him I was well, and "I haven't thrown up or anything" and he said, "Well, you aren't supposed to!"

I was specifically told I'd be sharing a room and I was BUMMED. I actually intended to call the hospital and ask about a private room but was so busy prepping I never called. But I ended up with a private room. No idea how. Others on my floor were clearly sharing rooms, but my room wasn't even set up for 2.

I would say it's worth a call to get more info on and see if you can finagle your way into a single room. This would've been my first experience being hospitalized with a roommate and I was NOT looking forward to it.