Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds



Recommended Posts

Great to hear how everyone's going! Even although I haven't been posting much lately, it's been good having a big ole catch-up... I got really behind on our wee thread.

How are our other infrequent February posters? You all still out there?

September was a slow loss month for me, but I finally today lost a total of 60kgs! Only 9kgs (19 pounds) to go and I will have lost HALF my body weight. How crazy is that?!

Also, I turn 30 next week. If you'd told me I'd be seeing my 30th in 60kgs lighter this time last year I wouldn't have believed it. Heck, if you'd said I'd be 20kgs lighter I would have been stoked! So crazy just how much life can change in a few short months.

Hubster and I are thinking of climbing Rangitoto here in Auckland for my birthday. That, and going to see the Joker movie (mainly because I know my husband is desperate to see it. Lol.) Hoping I can lose my 19 pounds by my 9-month check-in in November... probably a bit of a tall ask, but hey, I'm always up for a challenge 🙂

Sending you all positive thoughts! ❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Emz- Congratulations! I bet you can hit that 19 pound goal. But if you don’t think of all the success you’ve already achieved. Glad to hear from you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/01/2019 at 03:47, Everythinganna said:



Hi! Sheri congratulations!!!!!!!!




Recid- hang in there; I’m sorry you aren’t feeling well. Silver lining... your NOT hungry?! Ok I’m reaching. I hate being nauseated.




My appetite has come back in full force. And I can’t stop cooking! In the last few days I’ve made: rice crispy treats, chicken and dumplings, a Mexican chicken casserole, ribs (with sides of course!), and tonight I’m making a shrimp dish. And that’s in addition to the regular stuff being made in our kitchen (frozen pizza, ramen noodles, instant Mac and cheese). I’m not actually eating much of any of it, but I’m thinking about food a lot. With two ravenous teenage boys in the house there is no waste! I’m going to try to focus on Vitamins for a few days as I’ve gotten off track there. I think sometimes these cravings come from a lack of nutrients.




Im around 104-105 now, lost maybe a pound in the last month. Some of the (tight) clothes I bought in June are getting roomy. I like how I look now. And overall I feel better. I had another epidural on my back yesterday so I’ve been up since 1:30 am in pain. Just couldn’t get comfy so thought I’d check in here.




Hope everyone is good! Love y’all!


Honestly the thing that’s scaring me most is the day my appetite returns.
I’ve had moments, like when I’m fasting for >18-20 hours, but I’m talking about when my FOR-REAL appetite comes back.
I think that losing a pound in a month where yours already came back is awesome work!
Besides, you’ve lost down so far that losing even 1 pound is a way bigger deal than it used to be.

I truly aim to reach goal weight this month. I’ve got just under 4 pounds to go.
After that, I’d like to lose another 10 pounds while I settle into maintenance.
I don’t care if that last 10 takes 2 or 6 months TBH, I just want to find a way to successfully transition from losing mode to maintaining within a 10 pound window mode (which is why I want/need those last 10 vanity pounds)

I’m so sorry you’re in back pain, Anna.... that sucks to hear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/01/2019 at 05:52, EmzBee said:



Great to hear how everyone's going! Even although I haven't been posting much lately, it's been good having a big ole catch-up... I got really behind on our wee thread.




How are our other infrequent February posters? You all still out there?




September was a slow loss month for me, but I finally today lost a total of 60kgs! Only 9kgs (19 pounds) to go and I will have lost HALF my body weight. How crazy is that?!



Also, I turn 30 next week. If you'd told me I'd be seeing my 30th in 60kgs lighter this time last year I wouldn't have believed it. Heck, if you'd said I'd be 20kgs lighter I would have been stoked! So crazy just how much life can change in a few short months.




Hubster and I are thinking of climbing Rangitoto here in Auckland for my birthday. That, and going to see the Joker movie (mainly because I know my husband is desperate to see it. Lol.) Hoping I can lose my 19 pounds by my 9-month check-in in November... probably a bit of a tall ask, but hey, I'm always up for a challenge 🙂




Sending you all positive thoughts! ❤️


So good to hear from you EmzBee!

Hey I’m an October bday girl as well, although I surely won’t be turning 30! 🤣🤣🤣
However I will be turning 51, which is awesome because it will mark the first bday I’ve had since I turned 28 where I’ve had a normal BMI.
I’m so happy that you get to start your 30’s like that because I spent my ENTIRE 30’s and 4’s. Obese and MORBIDLY obese.
I love that you’re planning a bday celebration with activity and not centered around food. That will definitely help you reach that challenge goal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And Sheribear you'll remain my FAVORITE O CITY GIRL- Happy Happy Happy Birthday from ME in another O State- OHIO!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sooooo glad your hair is coming back! Woo hoo!

Honestly I don’t think mine is coming back quite yet, but it also doesn’t seem to be falling out more either so I’ll take that for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I am finally posting the before and during pictures. Can’t wait to post the after. The first picture of my husband and mewwl_8189.thumb.jpg.389c38e2909ca0f691dd27c867223584.jpg was taken in April of 2018 and helped me to confirm I NEEDED help. The second picture was taken this past Sunday at a play. Also , NSV Fit in the seat comfortably. Also, please pretend my eyes are open.

A04C7429-1E05-4716-8B04-C85ABD85286C.jpeg

Edited by Goody222

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Goody222 said:

So I am finally posting the before and during pictures. Can’t wait to post the after. The first picture of my husband and mewwl_8189.thumb.jpg.389c38e2909ca0f691dd27c867223584.jpg was taken in April of 2018 and helped me to confirm I NEEDED help. The second picture was taken this past Sunday at a play. Also , NSV Fit in the seat comfortably. Also, please pretend my eyes are open.

A04C7429-1E05-4716-8B04-C85ABD85286C.jpeg

wow! What a transformation! You look great and I bet you feel great too. It's so much fun seeing these before photos and the NOW photos. BTW---we are the same height, had the same starting weight, and same goal weight!

Edited by Gottajustdoit
ADD MORE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh.. so was really happy last week. I can visually see a huge difference, but feel frustrated this week. So I am back at the gym after gallbladder surgery and today I am up 5 lbs from last week. I haven't changed anything except working out, and I have only gone twice this week. Just needed to vent. I am posting my before and current pictures because I still have a ways to go, but need to remind myself how far I have come!FC76A2F9-.jpeg 20190924_182832.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Omg guys!
Goody and sjemle, you guys are beautiful and look so well and HAPPY!

There is a thread here called OOTD where many of us post pics of our new outfits and it’s a great way to Celebrate where you are at any point in this journey.
At first I didn’t want to post anything, but the exercise of really and truly “seeing” yourself has been priceless because it’s so easy to get caught up in how far we still are from goal rather than see how far we’ve already come.

I know I was always the person who ran and hid (or always offered to be the person who took the pics) rather than be In the pics because seeing myself was that painful. I imagine many of us shared that phobia and it’s hard to overcome it even though we’ve lost so much weight.

I highly encourage both of you lovely ladies (and anyone else lurking on this thread) to start taking regular pics and fall in love with the new you that is emerging

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Goody222 said:

So I am finally posting the before and during pictures. Can’t wait to post the after. The first picture of my husband and mewwl_8189.thumb.jpg.389c38e2909ca0f691dd27c867223584.jpg was taken in April of 2018 and helped me to confirm I NEEDED help. The second picture was taken this past Sunday at a play. Also , NSV Fit in the seat comfortably. Also, please pretend my eyes are open.

A04C7429-1E05-4716-8B04-C85ABD85286C.jpeg

Girl you are on fire🔥🔥

My surgery twin!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, sjemle said:

Ugh.. so was really happy last week. I can visually see a huge difference, but feel frustrated this week. So I am back at the gym after gallbladder surgery and today I am up 5 lbs from last week. I haven't changed anything except working out, and I have only gone twice this week. Just needed to vent. I am posting my before and current pictures because I still have a ways to go, but need to remind myself how far I have come!FC76A2F9-.jpeg 20190924_182832.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I can see the change big time! You look amazing!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Gottajustdoit said:

wow! What a transformation! You look great and I bet you feel great too. It's so much fun seeing these before photos and the NOW photos. BTW---we are the same height, had the same starting weight, and same goal weight!

Thank you, can’t wait to make it to goal for both of us!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Sheribear68 said:

Omg guys!
Goody and sjemle, you guys are beautiful and look so well and HAPPY!

There is a thread here called OOTD where many of us post pics of our new outfits and it’s a great way to Celebrate where you are at any point in this journey.
At first I didn’t want to post anything, but the exercise of really and truly “seeing” yourself has been priceless because it’s so easy to get caught up in how far we still are from goal rather than see how far we’ve already come.

I know I was always the person who ran and hid (or always offered to be the person who took the pics) rather than be In the pics because seeing myself was that painful. I imagine many of us shared that phobia and it’s hard to overcome it even though we’ve lost so much weight.

I highly encourage both of you lovely ladies (and anyone else lurking on this thread) to start taking regular pics and fall in love with the new you that is emerging

Thank you. You look so good. I am going to try to take the OOTD pictures.we do forget to Celebrate how far we have come. Funny thing, I always offer to take the picture too! Hopefully soon,we will all allow ourselves the opportunity to shine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×