Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2019 weight loss buds

Thanks guys.
lol, I’m the queen of disorganization myself, but Anna is super kind and I’m always such a big fan of hers.

November feel free to chime in with any questions or concerns, we’re more than happy to help out. Research and prep are KEY to success, and as a type A control freak, I definitely understand.

Anna, I’m so glad your hair stopped falling out! Honestly I don’t know if mine has stopped, but at least it doesn’t seem to be falling out more.
I’ve got a cut and color scheduled for mid-next month for a bday present, and I haven’t had new color since about 2 weeks after surgery. Can’t wait.
Girl you’ve GOT to keep drinking that Water. So far I’ve avoided the dread UTI, but I think I came close back in July when we took that NOLA trip and I drank about 1500 calories a day in alcohol.

Usually I’m uber-hydrated at 80 plus ounces water daily, so it was a radical change.

I can’t believe this, but I’m about 7 pounds away from goal and it’s probably going to happen by my 9 month surgiversary.
TBH, I knew I’d lose weight from WLS, but never would’ve imagined I’d ever truly hit goal.

How many of you guys have an actual plan for maintenance? I’ve discovered that I really kind of don’t have a plan and that’s a bit scary for me.

I do not have a plan and I definitely need to go see my doctor. I have not been for one single follow up since my surgery. I spend so much time in doctors offices already it’s just difficult for me to go see them face-to-face as it is a six hour round-trip drive. But I definitely need a plan. My current plan of bacon and wine is not sustainable...

So Sheri you knew that UTIs were something we had to look out for? Because I never knew that. I actually tested negative for it but I was having all the symptoms. No best thing I can figure out is that it was simply dehydration...

19 hours ago, november11 said:

Hey guys im a newbie but I been reading you guys threads since before your dates .and it has thrilled as well scared the -------out of me. I feel like I know the February babies ,@Themarine79,@Everythinganna,The @recidivist (honorary member) @sheribear68,@Gottajustdoit,@med28med,and @dubchild. anyone of you can hit me back please and give me some advice.

Welcome! I know I'm not on your list, but let me know if you need any advice. Sleeve to RNY revision here.

I have what could be called a plan for maintenance suggested by my doctor, but it's not very detailed. She said I should start increasing my calories, initially to between 1,200 and 1,500. I should say with that for a few weeks, and if I'm still losing bump it up a bit more. I would continue tweaking my calories until I find the sweet spot where I am neither gaining nor losing.

She also said the same basic principle of high Protein, low carb and low fat still applies, but that I could safely start to eat a bit more "normally" and diversify the foods I'm eating.

Maintenance is going to require much more discipline than the honeymoon phase, but I knew this day was coming!

@froufrou yes I remember you too. you had a little setback and extra surgery .How are you ? what can you tell me about your experience of what to and what not to do?

This is what I don’t understand. Maybe my restriction is just still.... well, more restrictive than everyone else’s. I actually forced myself to eat a bowl of strawberry ice cream the other day because I was trying to get more Fluid and calories in. (I never eat ice cream but I have to admit it was pretty good.). I’m definitely going to have to start tracking everything I eat. I think I could stand to lose another 5 pounds and then I’ll start getting uncomfortably skinny. Ironically I still have a good amount of weight around my waist. I am always wanted to have a nice trim waist. But if I lose anymore weight I will not have legs only bones.

wow I cant imagine being "uncomfortably skinny" Congratulations on your loss. Don't lose those legs though. send some new pics!!!

I am disproportionately skinny now. I guess I’m skinny-fat. S**t, it’s awesome that I’m “skinny” at all! I wish I could lose enough weight to get my waist thin but my legs... My legs were always the thinnest part of my body so it stands to reason that the same would apply now.... My husband thinks I’m crazy but I do want a Tummy Tuck to tighten the skin on my stomach. My butt is in pretty dismal shape too. It is saggy! I don’t have any money left for elective surgeries but I have been researching butt lifts. Going to try to start doing some resistance training to see if I can build the muscle up to fill in this saggy “butt bag” I’m caring around.

Maybe in a couple of weeks I’ll make an appointment with a plastic surgeon and I will give you guys a report on what they say. I am very blessed not to have a lot of excess skin but I had a lot of volume loss in my stomach and rear end. It’s kind of sad because I was excited to lose weight to wear a swimsuit and I have now found a new insecurity. I’ll just rock a one piece until further notice.

Clocked in at 106.4 this morning. I am not trying to lose weight but honestly I just kind of CRAVE healthier food now and getting in more calories has proven to be challenging. I suppose this is a good problem to have. Something I thought I would never be saying in my entire life!

Here are a couple of pictures from this morning, Along with a picture of an apple pie I attempted to make on Sunday. I did not eat any of the pie by the way. So I do not have make up on so I am deliberately hiding my face in my selfies. And here are some turkeys that are eating bugs out of the grass behind my house. Throwing that in for entertainment purposes. Enjoy

859E428B-1B68-4156-81D2-CBB8602DAB32.jpeg

0FECE618-14CF-4B8B-B455-82966167A3BF.jpeg

B30CB7C4-F701-479E-85DC-0E3CDD9811D6.png

EC29E00E-43FE-4CB5-B889-D0C19DB320E7.jpeg

59F390A9-73B9-4442-B4F4-A8E2AEFA5059.jpeg

I have started cooking again which my family is happy about I’m sure. They have more or less been fending for themselves since February... thinking I’ll make a meatloaf tonight. Protein, right?!

All this talk of Ice cream made me hungry. salad with thousand island for lunch and I’ll eat a little ice cream. This Halo says it has protein..? Has anyone tried the halo ice cream before? I’m a Texan so I’m a Bluebell girl but Protein is protein!

7586504B-C299-4A07-B503-A11CD6FD20EE.jpeg

2 hours ago, november11 said:

@froufrou yes I remember you too. you had a little setback and extra surgery .How are you ? what can you tell me about your experience of what to and what not to do?

I'm doing fine now - thank you. It's been a loooong journey for me and I still have a long way to go - probably another 80 lbs. I have spent the last 6 or 7 weeks bouncing around the same few pounds, which can be SO frustrating, but the one piece of advice I can give you is to not give up. Ever again.

If I think back over all the diets I did, the one thing that links them to my failure was giving up on the plan. This has been somewhat easier to stick to because of restriction, but even so, my restriction isn't what it was at the beginning. It's taking more will power now and there are plenty of temptations out there. So, even if the road seems long and tough... stick with it. This is not a quick fix, but a tool to use for the rest of your life.

Thank you soo much for that and no I will not give up you are so right . If you don't mind I would like to keep you posted.

On 09/17/2019 at 07:52, Recidivist said:

I have what could be called a plan for maintenance suggested by my doctor, but it's not very detailed. She said I should start increasing my calories, initially to between 1,200 and 1,500. I should say with that for a few weeks, and if I'm still losing bump it up a bit more. I would continue tweaking my calories until I find the sweet spot where I am neither gaining nor losing.

She also said the same basic principle of high Protein, low carb and low fat still applies, but that I could safely start to eat a bit more "normally" and diversify the foods I'm eating.

Maintenance is going to require much more discipline than the honeymoon phase, but I knew this day was coming!

I can’t remember.... are you in the maintenance thread? There’s some really good posts in there and I’m starting to follow it so when I get there in a few weeks I’ll have some kind of a plan

On 09/17/2019 at 08:25, Everythinganna said:

This is what I don’t understand. Maybe my restriction is just still.... well, more restrictive than everyone else’s. I actually forced myself to eat a bowl of strawberry ice cream the other day because I was trying to get more Fluid and calories in. (I never eat ice cream but I have to admit it was pretty good.). I’m definitely going to have to start tracking everything I eat. I think I could stand to lose another 5 pounds and then I’ll start getting uncomfortably skinny. Ironically I still have a good amount of weight around my waist. I am always wanted to have a nice trim waist. But if I lose anymore weight I will not have legs only bones.

Okay so your post here is sending out warning lights in my head.

Please my dear don’t force anymore “les than optimal food”. By all means force Water and Protein, but ice cream needs to be very special occasion only or else that slippery slope gets really slick.

Tracking for a few days sounds like an excellent plan and I bet if you restrict carbs for a few days some of the “fluff” you’re worried about diminishes.

Lordy girl, I’d kill for your legs, but we are all going to have parts we aren’t happy with.
My biggest problem area always has been and always will continue to be my legs.
About the best I can hope for on those without plastics will be “chubby”

1 hour ago, november11 said:

Thank you soo much for that and no I will not give up you are so right . If you don't mind I would like to keep you posted.

Yes, I would love to hear all about your progress. Another thing I remembered... don't compare yourself to anyone else. Each one of us is different - the amount to lose, the way we lose, etc. This is YOUR journey 😊