Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved 20 days ago...I feel so odd. I didnt realize how much food was my comfort..and now I'm just bored. I dont even like going anywhere bcuz I dont anna be the only one sipping on Water and unable to eat a thing. It's kinda depressing. Will things get better..and when? ( I don't wanna just go out and eat..but I do wanna feel normal) any advice is appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Don't blame the holidays for weight gain, you were probably fat in August too!

It does get better honey, I promise you and when you start seeing all of your progress you’re going to be like “what food” if the weather where you are permits take a walk to clear your mind.

You got this ((hugs))

I feel you. I'm going through the exact same thing. I've only gone out a couple of times and it felt awkward at best. At some point we'll be able to eat a little something that will take us forever and I'm counting on that being less awkward. The people I ate out with agreed to go to places I looked up and found good Soup choices at for 2 of the times and the third was not and it was the uncomfortable one.

I’m evil so I happily sip Water and think thoughts like,

“You poor eaters. You just shoved 300 calories into your pie-hole!’

”Bless your heart! Do you realize that slice of carrot cake is actual 17 servings?’

😄

It is hard and I am just not going out to dinner for now - work lunches may be hrs but I’ll survive . I am doing this for my health and am just organizing social activity around non food activities

Lmao

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

”Bless your heart! Do you realize that slice of carrot cake is actual 17 servings?’
[emoji1]

But doesn't it kill you when those same people who are shoving 300 calories into their mouths are the size of twigs??

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes I was fat in Aug. But I think u read my post wrong. It's not about weight gain or holidays..its about adjusting to life with the sleeve. Thanks anyhow

I feel you. I'm going through the exact same thing. I've only gone out a couple of times and it felt awkward at best. At some point we'll be able to eat a little something that will take us forever and I'm counting on that being less awkward. The people I ate out with agreed to go to places I looked up and found good Soup choices at for 2 of the times and the third was not and it was the uncomfortable one.
Yessss. So uncomfortable. I'm not hungry so it's not that I even have a desire to eat. It's just DIFFERENT. I really didnt realize how much food was a part of my daily activities. I really need to get some newhobbies. I can not wait to hit the gym.

[emoji1]

[emoji16] I like this ...maybe I can start this..give me something to do besides stare

20 hours ago, Wanda247 said:

It does get better honey, I promise you and when you start seeing all of your progress you’re going to be like “what food” if the weather where you are permits take a walk to clear your mind.

You got this ((hugs))

Agree with this. Pretty soon eating small amounts will become your new normal, it won't feel nearly as awkward. And once you start losing and feeling and looking great, this will all seem unimportant!

It will get better. The first month is the absolute worst, and it will only get easier from here. By month 3, you'll be like "okay, I've got this!" Because by then, you'll be able to eat regular foods again, just in much smaller quantities. I still go out to eat with friends and family, but I generally order off of the kids menu or the ala carte menu; that way I'm getting much smaller portions. Life will be more normal again, you just have to give it a bit more time.