Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hello fellow wls patients! I am so excited, finally after 3 months of denials and trials, I am approved! My surgery is set for January 7th, 2019. Darn insurance really just wanted me to pay the deductible and out of pocket maximum again I know it!

I'm very excited and not nervous at all. One thing that makes my situation different than some, is I am breastfeeding! Shes now 5 months old and about to start some solids next month. Although, mamas milk is number 1 nutrition. My surgeon, lactation support person and babies pediatric dr are all supportive. The main thing for me is fluids, fluids, fluids! My milk never fluctuates even at 500 calories, I eat a lot of Protein and healthy fat.

I cant wait for this. I live such a restrictive life with food as it is with hardly any success of weight loss. I only gained 6lbs while pregnant and have now lost 25lbs...in 5 months with breastfeeding, eating under 20 carbs a day. I'm glad I've stuck with it though as it will be helpful after surgery.

anyway, sorry for rambling. I'm so excited!

Congrats!! My surgery is the day after yours :) There are a couple of boards where January sleevers have been posting and I believe that there are at least a couple of others who have surgery on January 7.

And may it be wonderful for you, you are setting a wonderful example for your little one as she grows up. Stay well, Live Healthy!😛

Me too! I'm so excited! Right now I'm making my post-op grocery list for weeks 1-4.

we have 4 kids and the older ones have watched me eat so healthy and not lose ots hard to explain to them to eat healthy when they see me eat healthy and km still fat :(

3 minutes ago, anonbaribabe said:

Me too! I'm so excited! Right now I'm making my post-op grocery list for weeks 1-4.

What's on your list? I already had me preop apt today! And got my rx!

I had my pre-op diet a couple days ago and I'm allowed 2 Protein Shakes and 2 meals (60% lean Protein, 40% non-starchy veg). What's your pre-op diet?

This is my list for post-op weeks 1-2:

• eggs
  • FF refried Beans
  • Apple sauce (with unflavored protein powder)
  • Chili (I'm going to mash the beans up so that it's more of a pureed consistency)
  • Greek yogurt
  • Ricotta Bake
  • pudding (with protein powder)

Weeks 3-4

That's what I have so far!

I barely looked at it yet that far out lol. I think week two I can start having soft foods like scrambled eggs and such. I've already been eating better than the preop diet since July when I gave birth:)

For me, post-op stages are:

• Stage 1 (Weeks 1-2): Full liquid diet—after 5 days of meeting Fluid and Protein goals I can have soft Proteins
  • Stage 2 (Weeks 3-4): Soft protein foods
  • Stage 3 (Week 5 and beyond): Bariatric regular

It's good that you've already started adjusting your diet! I was required to lose a certain amount for insurance approval, but have really only been cutting down on portions.

9 hours ago, IvyAddison said:

hello fellow wls patients! I am so excited, finally after 3 months of denials and trials, I am approved! My surgery is set for January 7th, 2019. Darn insurance really just wanted me to pay the deductible and out of pocket maximum again I know it!

I'm very excited and not nervous at all. One thing that makes my situation different than some, is I am breastfeeding! Shes now 5 months old and about to start some solids next month. Although, mamas milk is number 1 nutrition. My surgeon, lactation support person and babies pediatric dr are all supportive. The main thing for me is fluids, fluids, fluids! My milk never fluctuates even at 500 calories, I eat a lot of Protein and healthy fat.

I cant wait for this. I live such a restrictive life with food as it is with hardly any success of weight loss. I only gained 6lbs while pregnant and have now lost 25lbs...in 5 months with breastfeeding, eating under 20 carbs a day. I'm glad I've stuck with it though as it will be helpful after surgery.

anyway, sorry for rambling. I'm so excited!

CONGRATS 💜

Congratulations

I think the hardest stage for me will be the pureed food stage. Gross. I'm hoping roast mashed up in blender wont be too terrible. Lmao.

Btw what's yours starting weight? My consult BMI and weight was :41.6, 226lbs

Current is 38.9, 211

pureed meat tends to be gritty, didn't care much for it without fat-free gravy or other "meat lube"