Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please Help, I am worried

Hi, I am ten days out from RnY. I have been feeling pretty good getting almost all I need. I just feel like I am eating wrong and doing everything wrong. I walk everyday because that is the best for me in a lot of ways. The Protein Shakes are kinda up in the air a bit. I love the chocolate Muscle Milk. vanilla shakes not as much. I can do any of it if it's ice cold and I don't have to sip it. It is that normal? I feel like I can drink anything too quickly. Is that normal? Sipping and I aren't the best of friends. I am used to drinking a lot and often due to diabetes and medications I have been taking. The only real thing that seems to bother me is being too close to smokers and peach yogurt. Lol! Any advice is welcome and thank you all very much.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

So long as you can drink without pain, you're fine. At 10 days out, a lot of people can drink normally. Don't gulp, but drinking faster than sipping is fine.

1 minute ago, Zebby67 said:

Thank you I know everyone and every surgery is as individualized as each one of us.

Sent from Zebby's SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

They sure are!!!!

Hi, I am ten days out from RnY. I have been feeling pretty good getting almost all I need. I just feel like I am eating wrong and doing everything wrong. I walk everyday because that is the best for me in a lot of ways. The Protein Shakes are kinda up in the air a bit. I love the chocolate Muscle Milk. vanilla shakes not as much. I can do any of it if it's ice cold and I don't have to sip it. It is that normal? I feel like I can drink anything too quickly. Is that normal? Sipping and I aren't the best of friends. I am used to drinking a lot and often due to diabetes and medications I have been taking. The only real thing that seems to bother me is being too close to smokers and peach yogurt. Lol! Any advice is welcome and thank you all very much.
Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I hear ya ,I Feel the same way I'm 10 days out myself and i feel as if i drink way to much way to fast ,i never feel full and I have cheated on my stage alot

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I myself am 10 days out and my drinking liquids has gotten faster as well. But I have to force myself. I get full fast!! And stay that way. Good luck on the journey.

I hear ya ,I Feel the same way I'm 10 days out myself and i feel as if i drink way to much way to fast ,i never feel full and I have cheated on my stage alot

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I am not 100% sure but think some of my choices are on the stage line or a little over it. I try my best to adhere to what my medical team has set but there are times I just don't know. Like applesauce. I don't know. It gave me no problems and was very good with sweetner and cinnamon. My sugar free pudding and Jello. Jello and pudding were on my pre- op liquid diet. Just keep plugging to get in Protein and Water. [emoji3] [emoji3]

Some of the borderline, if you can thin down or puree the snarf out of them, try gingerly, just a baby spoon and slowly. If you can get away with it, Bazinga! My program says it must be thin enough to go through a funnel. My dietician Roy( yeppers- I do have a Guy Dietician!) says If you have to chew--- its not Stage #2.
But you would not want to be like your Auntie Frustr8, I swear I am the only person in the world🌎 who has been on a liquids diet since I went on Liver Shrink August 1st, 20 lousee weeks. But thanks to my TPN I am getting better, once my ulcers heal better and the internal swelling goes down, I will make up for lost time. Regrets, no ma'm because of I had continued obese I could be dead, I have lost weight, down easily 50 pounds since surgery and the TPN is minor inconvenience compared with death. And I still can be hear enjoying everyone's successes.!🍀👈😝👉

Some of the borderline, if you can thin down or puree the snarf out of them, try gingerly, just a baby spoon and slowly. If you can get away with it, Bazinga! My program says it must be thin enough to go through a funnel. My dietician Roy( yeppers- I do have a Guy Dietician!) says If you have to chew--- its not Stage #2.
But you would not want to be like your Auntie Frustr8, I swear I am the only person in the world[emoji289] who has been on a liquids diet since I went on Liver Shrink August 1st, 20 lousee weeks. But thanks to my TPN I am getting better, once my ulcers heal better and the internal swelling goes down, I will make up for lost time. Regrets, no ma'm because of I had continued obese I could be dead, I have lost weight, down easily 50 pounds since surgery and the TPN is minor inconvenience compared with death. And I still can be hear enjoying everyone's successes.![emoji256][emoji118][emoji13][emoji117]
Yep, I can get every thing through strainer. I am so thrilled to have this opportunity and to be a part of this group. [emoji4]

I am 19 days post op and can drink as normal now, I have to make myself slow down. Pre surgery I drank over a gallon of Water a day for years. I’m not taking in as much now, I’m averaging 90 oz and my system sure can tell. My NUT told me as long as the fluids weren’t causing me discomfort I can drink what I want as tolerated.