Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Having second thoughts... Help!

I'm new here, so this is my first topic to ask. But I'm scheduled for this coming Monday, 12/17, and all of a sudden I'm filled with doubt and second guessing my decision. Is this normal? Any advice from those on the other side about how to deal with these feelings?

I'm new here, so this is my first topic to ask. But I'm scheduled for this coming Monday, 12/17, and all of a sudden I'm filled with doubt and second guessing my decision. Is this normal? Any advice from those on the other side about how to deal with these feelings?
I felt like tgis at first but I just remebered all tge positive outcomes there will be... You got this and it will all b worth it

miss.carter

Same day as me, we got this!

Just returned home from the Hospital after having Sleeve surgery. Hardest thing I have ever done is to commit to this program. Doubting my decision the whole time.

Was told I had a two night hospital stay but made it out in 1. Yay for me.

i can tell you it’s scary, it’s a lot of wondering. The surgery was not painful for obvious reasons. (Under sedation). Hard day right after surgery but felt a lot better 6 hours after. I’m home now and really just feel like I had done 100 sit-ups. I am hoping and praying it will be everything I wanted from it and with gods grace it will. Ready for a new life!

Remember why you chose this path. Is it difficult? Yeah, of course. You're having most of an organ removed and changing the way you eat forever. That's huge! But I can tell you, at about 15 months out, this is the best decision I've ever made. I'm healthier, happier, and on the completely vain side of things, I look better than I have in a while! It's all worth it. You can do this! You also have our support.

Im 3 days out and im so sore. I felt the same way you are feeling now...Just know GOD wouldn't have brought you this far

Have faith and pray. Good luck on your surgery Monday [emoji8]

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I was sleeved on the 12th. I've had a couple of roughish days, but I can tell you that I'm starting to feel better and hopeful and proud of my decision. You have to go through the rough to get to the good!! Good luck!

You know with all I myself have and are still going through it stands to reason I am going to have a glorious Spring. And the first 🐎 I see when the grass greens up again without a grimace on its face when it sets 👀 eyes on me, I swear, I'm going to climb up and get my picture taken. Oh well, if all else fails, there are Merry Go Rounds, not real horseflesh but better than nothing. And I won't have to look for a retired plowhorse, or a Morgan, is it wrong to dream of a paint or Appaloosa? A bay, a roan? Yeah a roan , that way we would Match! Sorry Mamas And Papas but I'm "Equine Dreaming on such a Winter's Day!"

It's perfectly natural to have second thoughts . However, just remember the reasons why you choose to have the surgery . Good luck to you on Monday .

I am getting ready for surgery Thursday , a little scared but excited to start a new life

On 12/14/2018 at 9:38 PM, Ed_NW said:

Same day as me, we got this!

good luck today.

On 12/14/2018 at 9:23 PM, ouzounians said:

Good luck today.

Good luck today.
Yes I was the same I even needed to be put on meds. Just remember your going to get your life back. Your going to feel better then ever in time. Keep moving forward. You got this!!![emoji2]

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Please don't give up on yourself.

You are worth what this surgery takes from you in the very short term. In the long run you will get so much of your life back in the coming months and years.

Right now you need to focus on why you started this journey.

You need to be very selfish and do this for you, others will get the benefits later but you do this now just for you.

spend a few minutes reading the non-scale victories and try to see yourself enjoying these small moments as they occur.

Edited by allwet
added text