Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When did you go back to work?

I’m curious how long other folks were off work after bypass. My surgeon said most people can get back after just a week. After his own bypass, he was performing surgery again in just 7.5 days after 😳

8 weeks but I’m a teacher and was off for the summer

My surgery is next month and my surgeon told me that a majority of his patients go back to work after two weeks.

I had surgery on a Wednesday and went back to work on Monday (5 days).

I went back one week after the sleeve, 10 days after bypass.

I had mine over winter break (teacher) so 10 days including weekends . Just be careful to not lift anything too heavy

Wasnt about pain at all past day 3 or 4 (gas pain only) ... was about learning and getting routines around eating and hydrating

I took 2 weeks off. I found it to be the perfect amount of time. I was doing fine physically after one week but took the other week to adjust to all the changes.

Sent from my SM-G960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Six weeks for me, but I have a physically demanding job and had to be cleared to be off of weight restrictions to return.

Take as long as financially feasible given your situation is my advice.

I had my Surgery on a Thursday morning and went back on Monday.

Folks I work with are like family. So far, everyone has been supportive of my choice to do the surgery, but I'm wondering how true people really are sometimes. Did any of ya'll return to work and expect support, but notice people (or a person) change how they interact with you?

I took 2.5 weeks off (there were some holidays in there). It was alright - I have a desk job. I was really dehydrated at first so I would get a bit dizzy and hot flashes. But bearable.

Surgery on a Tuesday worked from home Friday for two hours. Next week went in for three hours and went home. The second week you are still adjusting to what you can and can’t do and focusing on your intakes. I just found it hard to focus until the second part of the second week. Third week I was back full time no issues.

On 12/5/2018 at 9:37 PM, Kimmie K said:

When did you go back to work

@Kimmie K

the second i came home!!

I am happily retired☺️

kathy

I’m curious how long other folks were off work after bypass.

I had my bypass Oct 16, flew back to Ireland from Belgium on Oct 20 was back lecturing the following Wed which was Oct 24.

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Featured Surgeons

1. Masoud Rezvani

Woodbridge, Virginia 22191

2. Lisa Medvetz

Downingtown, Pennsylvania 19335
      800-282-0066

• Recent Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jrmolina2006

4lbs down.... lets get it!!
      · 1 reply
      1. GreenTealael

👏👏 OK 👏👏

• allwet

Ok , you can all have a laugh at my expense today.
      As a kid i never cared for PB&J i would eat one if it was all that was available but i always preferred a tuna sandwich.
      The other day my daughter comes over with an All Natural Peanut Butter and as we are talking in the kitchen she opens this jar up and the smell just about knocked me over. It was amazing. So i got a spoon and tried it straight, no jellies for me anymore, I was blown away with the amazing taste. Now i don't know if this a case of taste buds changing or just good Peanut Butter but that was a great treat. So i now have a jar in my kitchen and while i only eat a spoonful of it on any given day i am still amazed at how great it tastes.
      Happy Holidays, I hope you are all doing great over this holiday period.
      · 2 replies
      1. Orchids&Dragons

OK, I've got to know? What brand or is it local?

• GreenTealael

Come throughhhhhhh Lenny and Larry's Protein cookies! Now they come in crunchy and single serving size! Finally.
      · 4 replies
      1. Orchids&Dragons

Haven't tried these. Sound good! Thanks

2. shedo82773

They are good but...1/2 the cookie is a serving. They are BIG but I found that I wanted it ALL!! When we went to Juarez Mexico for hubbys WLS they saved him. At least that is what he thought. LOL

3. GreenTealael

Trader Joe's have the single serving size!!!

4. GreenTealael

1545092688677-886762124.jpg

15450927123211805058886.jpg

• GreenTealael  »  redhead_che

Happy Belated Surgiversary!!!
      🎉🔥🎈💚🌈💜🎉🔥🎈💚💜🌈
      · 1 reply
      1. FluffyChix

Wooohoooo!!! Happy surgiversary chica!!! Where you been? We miss you!!!

• Puppycat

12/12I went against my weekly weigh in and cheated today the scale says I'm 248 😂How? Maybe it's wrong lol I just purchased the scale and it's my first time using it. I'll weigh my daughter to see if it's accurate. I was 255 this time last week well five days ago so I guess it's a real possibility. I'll let you know , I have been very picky about sugars and carbs even though I don't have a huge variety of foods to choose from. I'm super excited and hope everyone is doing great! Got to charge my iPad but I just had to share my happiness 12/15 hmmm I guess this didn't post lol. Well I have more to update when I went to do my weekly weigh in with a scale I know is accurate this Friday I was 244 so even less then my new home scale (which still says 248😹) I am super stoked that all my good choices are paying off. I haven't eaten any bad junk food or high sugar drinks or excess carbs, It's nice to actually see results from a diet huh guys. Unfortunately I put too much mayo in my eggsalad purée and I'm nauseous 🤢But to happy to let it bring me down. Hope everyone is doing good and happy
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Trending Topics

• Magazine Articles

1. Go With Your Gut!

Posted in: Mental Health
      Louisa Latela, LCSW, LCADC
    2. The Most Wonderful Time of the Year – Really!

Posted in: Post-Op Support
      Alex Brecher
    3. Dealing with Family during the Holidays

Ash Krupnik
    4. You Are NOT What You Eat

Warren L. Huberman, PhD.
    5. Surviving the Thanksgiving Table: A Few Hacks

Posted in: Food & Nutrition
      Alex Brecher
  • Together, we have lost...