Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gastric Bypass - Week 2 Post Op

Just had RNY on 11/28 and will be starting Week 2 - pureed foods. My diet guide from the surgeon and nutritionist lists scrambled eggs, cottage cheese, yogurt and pureed Soups. Any ideas for good pureed soups - either to buy or recipes? Should I be really careful of fat grams, carbs, etc.?

Congratulations on your diet progression. I had GB surgery 11/29 and am still on liquids. My Dr office provided samples of Unjury Soup packets. I’ve had the chicken noodle and it’s really tasty. Good luck with your journey. I’ll follow you Since we have close surgery dates.

BTW-how do you add your stats on the left?

13 hours ago, irol888 said:

Just had RNY on 11/28 and will be starting Week 2 - pureed foods. My diet guide from the surgeon and nutritionist lists scrambled eggs, cottage cheese, yogurt and pureed Soups. Any ideas for good pureed Soups - either to buy or recipes? Should I be really careful of fat grams, carbs, etc.?

I enjoyed cauliflower Soup (pureed with a stick blender), also from the store: Roasted Red Pepper soup, carrot and ginger soup. I didn't worry about any macros at this point. It was most important to get your stomach to start progressing through different types of foods. Soups count toward your liquid totals for the day.

Personally, I found any soup with blended meat in it to have a disgusting texture, but a lot of people don't seem to mind it.

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cauliflower-soup/

22 hours ago, irol888 said:

Just had RNY on 11/28 and will be starting Week 2 - pureed foods. My diet guide from the surgeon and nutritionist lists scrambled eggs, cottage cheese, yogurt and pureed Soups. Any ideas for good pureed Soups - either to buy or recipes? Should I be really careful of fat grams, carbs, etc.?

Check out the BariatricPal Store. TONS of foods on there quick to make for the puree stage, including soups. They are all pre-portioned and the right carbs/fat/cals. I had Campbell's condensed cream of chicken 2 weeks out and GOT SO SICK. I had the cream of broccoli at 3 weeks, and got mildly sick. Most people say it's fine for them.

20 hours ago, DouglastoGregory said:

Congratulations on your diet progression. I had GB surgery 11/29 and am still on liquids. My Dr office provided samples of Unjury Soup packets. I’ve had the chicken noodle and it’s really tasty. Good luck with your journey. I’ll follow you Since we have close surgery dates.

BTW-how do you add your stats on the left?

Click on your username at the top right and go down to "My Surgery" to add stats. You can also add the ticket in the signature by clicking Tickers.

Had RNY 11/13. My first meal was mashed taters. My go to after that was chilli with black Beans added in just chew real good. vanilla Greek yogurt with some chocolate Protein Powder as well. Now one hard boiled egg and I’m full. The food tastes way better then the liquid phase but don’t eat too fast. My first throw up was tonight after getting the foamies when I ate a egg and meat pie that was 1/8” thick - just ate way too fast.

Panera sells Soup in little containers at Walmart in the deli section. I got their potato soup and heated a bit up (1/8 cup) then mixed in 1/8 cup plain Greek yogurt. There was only 1 chunk, a potato cube that was easily smashed by a spoon. So good. Baby food was vile. Turkey or chicken breast cuisinarted with green Beans. 1/4 cup of plain Greek yogurt topped with a splash of hit sauce and a sprinkle of cumin makes me think I've had a plate of enchiladas oddly enough. Be careful with spice though because some people can't handle it early on. I didn't realize I should be careful with it but luckily I was ok and it only is a little dash. I have always loved cottage cheese so that's my go to. At first I was being really careful of carbs but I wasnt losing and when i added in some carbs (like in the potato soup) (ass well as also getting of antibiotics) i started losing again. I'm still on puree.

I'd imagine you can puree any Soup.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using BariatricPal mobile app

Yeah but some look Bad pureed, if you can get past Mildew And Garbage Green appearance they still taste Okay. I like Wal-Mart organic vegetable broth, it stays down when most others don't. Rather a pleasant taste and color, my Nut groaned at it because it wasn't as intense a Protein count. But he relented when I reminded him it stays down.