Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Aaaahhh OMG my surgery date is official! January 17th. Signed the consent forms yesterday.

Pre-op diet starts New Year's Eve. Good thing I didn't make big plans lol. I work in revenue cycle for a hospital and end of month is a big freaking deal so I'll just be working late, drinking Protein, and whining about my life choices lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m new and was looking for the VSG surgery group for January!

I’m 34 two kids age 15 & 8, what made me go for it was I got tired of the yo-yo weight tired of the diets I mean I done it all too! Hcg diet with injections many rounds thru out the years, phentermine many times thru out the years, excessive training, etc all to gain it all back. But most recently was the loss of my 3 month pregnancy and gained all I lost back with no baby. So I just snapped and said hell with this. My insurance never wants to approve my surgery and I decided after much thought and research to go to Tijuana Mexico to Dr Almanza and my surgery is for 1/21. My mom had gastric by pass in 2015 my sister in 2013 my cousin vsg 2015 and all look great. At a comfortable weight in 2016 I had Tummy Tuck Lipo done in DR and although I don’t gain from those areas I sure gotten big in other areas.

My doctor has me doing 21 day high Protein low carb diet and then 6 day clear liquid diet can’t wait for the time to come. I had two good friends have bag with my doctor and look great! The cost is wonderful too.

Please read Alex Brechers post, I think your Dr Almanza😷 is in trouble, The CDC is warning against him. After you read it and you still want to go, I shall pray🙏 that you will be lucky

It's under HEALTH ALERT;CDC WARNING- Tijuana, please read it!

Thank you for that, I also read it and I’m confidant in my decision. Overseas surgery is scary I had surgery in Dominican Republic and the doctor I went to was good and also had many people complain about her and the place she operates.

So all in all, I’m going and so far my experience with both doctor and wla has been great. I am in the medical field and I don’t need a lot of post op care, plus any medical questions I can ask my doctors etc.

Mine is 16 January. Super excited. I think the wife is getting sick of me talking about it and where I plan to be this time next year

My wife keeps asking me if I'm going to leave when I'm thin again.

I told her that my weight has no bearing on my love for her.

And while you are chasing her through the house, you will longer. be out of breath. Let the Good Times Roll!!! LOL

On 12/23/2018 at 14:58, Johnny B said:

My wife keeps asking me if I'm going to leave when I'm thin again.

I told her that my weight has no bearing on my love for her.

My spouse is the same way. Keeps asking me if I’m going to leave when I lose the weight.

Sometimes they feel insecure when a drastic change happens to their spouse and relationship, it’s also change for them and it’s scary. But as long as their is love they will see like u said it has no bearing.

Now 5 days out from surgery (Jan. 2nd). I’ve been on the Pre-op liquid diet for the past 9 days (it sucks).

But I’m now 266lbs., down a total of 42 lbs since I started the end of May.

Yesterday I saw my primary Dr. for final medical clearance. He was pleased with my progress, and told me that he thinks I’m below the minimum BMI for the surgery, in spite of the charts saying I’m 43.1. He explained that the BMI calculations are flawed, that they use the same formula for both men and women, and it doesn’t take into account muscle mass.

He feels that my goal should be about 210 due to bone structure, muscle density, and how I was at 215 lbs 9 years ago. But he is still encouraging me to go through with the surgery rather than just trying to diet the rest off, because I will plateau on my own, and the surgery will speed up the weight loss and help me to keep it off long-term, rather than yo-yo-ing as I have been doing thought the years. I agree. Time to get healthy for the rest of my life.

Did I say the two-week liquid diet sucks? It does. I just want to chew again, and Jello just isn’t do it for me. Oh well, just 4 more weeks before I can chew again.

How is everyone else doing?

On 12/19/2018 at 21:55, morphing Mo said:

Me too. I need to be regular and drinking and not eating made me so constipated that I needed a laxative. I don't like that feeling. Is Constipation a issue with this surgery?

Sent from my SM-G900V using BariatricPal mobile app

I got put on a laxative bc of constipation as I started to add in the Meal Replacement drinks such as Premier Protein and Bariatric Fusion. That was on 12/17.