Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

14 minutes ago, crivera7777 said:

I really need help or a buddy I’ve only had surgery about three months ago and I’m starting to eat sweets again please help

OK.
Stop.

Pretty simple. You know you shouldn't eat the, so don't eat them.

Sorry if this is blunt or callous, but, seriously, what do you expect someone online is going to do for you? No one can do anything for you. Hell, even if you went to a doctor, and they told you again not to eat sweets, the *only* person that is going to stop you from eating what you shouldn't... is you.

Is it hard, sure. But at the end of the day, only *YOU* control what *YOU* do. You decide to give into the cravings. They don't make choices on their own... Step up and do what you need to do. Focus on all the reasons you wanted the surgery to begin with.

This is your surgery. This is your tool. This is your future. Own it.

If you are in a position to, don't have them in the home. If they are there for other people, ask them to put them somewhere relevant to them and out of your sight.

If at work, again make sure they are out of your sight.

In general though, don't buy them and if given them as a gift, regift them as soon as possible!

3 minutes ago, crivera7777 said:

Amen!!!! Thank you for being blunt!

Thanks for accepting the truth... too many times I'm curt and to the point with folks on here and they get all weepy about it or defensive.

Good luck... it's tough and it sucks, sometimes it just takes facing down your demons. Or, swap out for things that fit your diet!

Pro- My Bariatric Hospital does offer them on several different nights
Con- Always from 6:30pm on.
Con- 50 miles away
Con- no longer drive
Con- no one to call, swear I am the only OSU Bariatric patient in Knox County. And if you could visualize the people on the street you would know I was by far not the largest, fattest, most out of shape, most needful person HERE. 75 POUND TODDLERS, 150 POUND GRADE SCHOOLERS, YOUTH AND ADULTS 200-300 pounds. Not sure we are living the GOOD LIFE but we are living the HIGH CALORIE one! Makes me either want to cry or start preaching!

Nice Matt! I agree 100%.

Having said that. Find alternatives to the sweets you are eating. We all get that sweet tooth at one time or another but there are plenty of options out there to assist. One of my favorite i learned a long time ago while on a diet plan was the apple pie filling.. Cut up and apple,add a little bit of splenda, cinnamon, and i think a dash of cornstarch.. with a tablespoon of Water. I will have to find the exact recipe. But you microwave it. It taste just like apple pie, warm. if you are in the period of your journey where you can add Enlightened or halo top.. then add just a little. Warning it melts very fast LOL.. but it sure hit the spot when i needed something sweet.

4 hours ago, crivera7777 said:

Thanks everyone.
@orchids- I’m going to look for a support group to attend

Good luck. In my area, you can attend support group at any area hospital, not just the one where your surgery was performed.

I really need help or a buddy I’ve only had surgery about three months ago and I’m starting to eat sweets again please help

Sweets are my weakness too. But I recently made a completely horrible and totally wonderful discovery. The primary reason I decided on WLS was too manage my serious knee pain. It started to improve during my pre-op diet and stayed good until a month or so ago, when it started to return. I was still losing so that made no sense to me. When I thought about what had changed it was that I had reintroduced sugar to my diet. I ran an experiment eliminating sugar and say all too clearly that sugar was causing most of my pain! This makes me sad but I’m also very grateful to know that I can control my pain levels so simply. Simply but not easily. The struggles is real but we can do this!

I find sweets are addictive. I used to love them and crave them. Once I stopped eating them (while I was dieting before surgery) I stopped craving them. That made it much easier to avoid them. I’m only 6 weeks post surgery but so far no desire for sweets!! Good luck to you!!

There are several supplements that are supposed to help stop or control sugar cravings. There are also deficiencies that can cause a yearning for sweets. " Zinc is needed for proper insulin and glucose utilization; a deficiency can also lead to sugar cravings. Supplement with L-glutamine. This amino acid has been found to help reduce, and even eliminate,cravings by helping to steady bloodsugar."