Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well I hope I am in the right forum this time. On 11/13/18 I had the lap band removed, what was supposed to take 15 min. to 45 min. took 4 hours. My husband was pretty nervous about this. The Dr. came out and told him that there was a lot of scar tissue that had to be removed and asked if I had had any other surgery done. My husband told him that only what I had told him about. I did have full disclosure with my Dr.. He said also that the reason I was having so much side pain is that they had put in a cancer port instead of a lap band port it was flipped. Has anyone on here ever heard of this happening. I had the lap band done in San Antonio Tx by a reputable Dr. 9 years ago. I would like to make a stink about it but I don't want to get caught up in the good ole Dr. club. One won't say anything about another. This surgery kicked my butt, I am 4 days out and am still in a lot of pain, cramps and spasms. I do want to go ahead with my gastric bypass in Feb. I like the Dr. I have now and really want to trust in him. It is so difficult when these things happen to people. Did the other Dr. in Texas think I would never find out. Probably this is why they could never do a fill. I would appreciate any input you may have. Thank You

WOW! I unfortunately cannot give feedback on this as the sleeve i had done on the 8th is the very first surgery i have ever had. I would for sure pursue it especially if you have proof and documentation of what this new Dr. is saying. You dont have to have this dr say anything about that one, BUT you do have a right to your medical records, and this Dr. I would believe, MUST notate in your medical records everything they are telling you, and i would believe with supporting documentation on something like this.

Wow! That’s crazy! Did the dr save the cancer port for proof? Or take pictures? Going after him is something to look into.

As for the pain you are in today, I can relate! I had The horrible gas pain in my shoulder for 3 weeks.! I have Had lots of different surgeries and this was the 3rd worse!

18 hours ago, wanda1952 said:

Dr. came out and told him that there was a lot of scar tissue that had to be removed

@wanda1952

hey bud, what a bummer🙁

The doc that removed the lapband - is the same doc that will put in the bypass??

right?? Not sure abut the ol' doc club?, but something similar happened with my

knee replacement. I wouldn't sue the "bad" doc. !!! I don't think the time and trouble

is worth it. made you suffer - no fills - weight loss?

some pain PO - your case might be different since you were in OR so long, and had

more "fixing" than normal. Hopefully pain will go away/get better soon. Being scared to

have the bypass is understandable - in my opinion you SHOULD have the WLS. Good

doc you trust. Waiting til February is also good, hopefully you will feel better and not

so scared. (as time approaches WLS, you prob will get a little nervous) - but excited too-

you will be starting your NEW life.

good luck

kathy