Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Struggling With Vitamins

I have had the hardest time with taking Vitamins because of the tastes and textures .Before surgery those types of things never bothered me, but now I get so nauseous with foul tastes and textures. I have finally found a decent Multi-Vitamin with Iron through Bari Life that I can mix with my Water. It has a great taste and texture. The only issue is it looks like a milky lemonade or Pepto Bismol for the watermelon. Has anyone else had problems with vitamins and textures?

Yep, my Multivitamin makes me nauseous- and I’m sick every day going to work because of the nausea. I have been looking for easy alternatives since I started Vitamins. My little sleeve is just way too sensitive.

2 hours ago, johnsons13 said:

I have had the hardest time with taking Vitamins because of the tastes and textures .Before surgery those types of things never bothered me, but now I get so nauseous with foul tastes and textures. I have finally found a decent Multi-Vitamin with Iron through Bari Life that I can mix with my Water. It has a great taste and texture. The only issue is it looks like a milky lemonade or Pepto Bismol for the watermelon. Has anyone else had problems with Vitamins and textures?

LOTS of folks report flavor and texture issues post-op, lots report those get better as you heal and your body has a chance to recover.

Check into Tespo vitamins, or the Patches (super controversial, but I've been using them for 8+ months now and my labs are all coming back good and stable)

Well after many failed attempts at many nasty to me Vitamins, I found Bari Life vitamins. Apparently the capsules have a vanilla taste. But I tried the powder that dissolves in Water and it was yummy with a weird look. The watermelon and lemonade are the colors you would think they would be (pink and yellow) they have a milky look too.

But i'm happy to hear I'm not as odd as I thought.

And I went back to my prenatal Vitamins, not that big, can take just 1 not 2, have to grind up and put it in applesauce, a crime,against the poor innocent applesauce what did it do wrong to have the vile vitamins stirred in?

I have ruined the taste of many yogurts with meds in it. I can't wait to be able to swallow pills again. But now that I hve found these Bari Life powdered multi with Iron, I'll never buy anything else unless they stop making it. I haven't tried the capsules because I got a sample from my surgeons office and that is how I found out I enjoy a Vitamin finally I had tried another brand, but after swallowing it, it had that vitamin after taste. YUCKY!! My kids even tasted the Bari Life and my husband and we all agree that this tastes like those powder things you put in Water for flavor. It does leave behind a little granules almost looks like sand, but I kept shaking it and this is something I would actually recommend for those with a hrd time with Vitamins.

Yes. I'm on my 4th week after gastric sleeve. I ordered Vitamins but I hate the taste of the chewable Calcium, Biotin, and B12, but can take them. The multi I got makes me throw up. I'm now looking for another one. I purchased this the one below and the rest were BariMelts. These are just not for me and would appreciate some others I could take instead?image.png.d06728bcaddf404bbb34439f4ce7d1d5.png

On 11/15/2018 at 10:36 PM, Lillyrose130 said:

Yes. I'm on my 4th week after gastric sleeve. I ordered Vitamins but I hate the taste of the chewable Calcium, Biotin, and B12, but can take them. The multi I got makes me throw up. I'm now looking for another one. I purchased this the one below and the rest were BariMelts. These are just not for me and would appreciate some others I could take instead?image.png.d06728bcaddf404bbb34439f4ce7d1d5.png

We just released BariatricPal Multivitamin ONE - "1 per Day!" Bariatric Multivitamin Capsule with 45mg Iron . We offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

bariatricpal-multivitamin-one-1-per-day-

Sounds Good Alex! Ever time I think I'm up to date with what Bariatric Pal Store offers you add SOMETHING NEW. After my first order I thought you were the Best Value around, and doggone if you. don't maintain that Sterling Reputation! December I will be ordering more. Still Strictured, still on liquids, the retail around my town gets more and more limited. Wal-Mart, my local supplier, cut back to only vanilla and chocolate Protein Shakes. Why? IDK, but your delivery is quick enough left to THEM, I'll order from YOU!

Yep, my multivitamin makes me nauseous- and I’m sick every day going to work because of the nausea. I have been looking for easy alternatives since I started Vitamins. My little sleeve is just way too sensitive.
Try Patches ... put them on at night after a shower... take them off in the morning. Need to be on 8 hours... put the B12 on in the morning for energy... never at night unless you don't want to sleep lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app