Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2018 sleevers

1 hour ago, Cheryl217 said:

My surgery is 11/6 trying not to get anxious. When I look at everyone’s before and after I feel very hopeful

Hello, I'm a fellow November Sleever! Over on the Gastric Sleeve forum we have a group of us November 2018 Sleevers and we check in with each other every now and then as we get closer to being sleeved. Come join us! :)

On 10/11/2018 at 1:09 PM, Cheryl217 said:

My surgery is 11/6 trying not to get anxious. When I look at everyone’s before and after I feel very hopeful

Surgery twin! Just got my official approval today from insurance and surgery is 11/6 also. I start my pre op liquid diet on Tuesday and pre op testing at the hospital on Thursday. How about you?

I just scheduled my surgery today for 11/26/2018. I'm excited and nervous, but mostly excited

Same here originally I thought my date was 11/6 but it’s confirmed for 11/19. I’m excited and yes nervous also. I hope surgery goes well and not to much pain afterward.

On 10/11/2018 at 12:09 PM, Cheryl217 said:

November 5th here!! Day 2 on pre op, it's tough.

My surgery is 11/8. I just started the pre-op diet today. I'm excited and anxious at the same time and I'm hoping that these next few weeks go by fast.

Edited by rch1286

Day 4 on my pre-op diet. I'm mostly hoping I can sleep through it! I'm very low energy. My dr. Allows me one smart meal a day, consisting of 3 oz. Protein and 2 cups greens. 3 of my favorite things that help me feel full are Jello, broth and most importantly crystal light. I use the generic Walmart brand that you just squeeze into your water bottle. Lemonade and grape are the best. Anyone have any other tips or favorites during this tough time?

How is your diet coming MAGAmommy? Do you feel YOU are getting closer to time?

It's going ok. I figured out a good time to eat so I don't have hunger pangs. Yes!!! My surgery is in 4 days! Oh my gosh! Just counting down the hours!

On 10/25/2018 at 2:49 PM, rch1286 said:

My surgery is 11/8. I just started the pre-op diet today. I'm excited and anxious at the same time and I'm hoping that these next few weeks go by fast.

I am also 11/8. One week left! I am super excited!

Tomorrow I will be one week post op. The first 3 days i was in hospital, it was only going to be one night but I had alot of complications and ended up in there for 3 nights. The gas pain is crazy! My stomach is very bloated and it's difficult to burp, walking alot does help but it doesn't make it all better 😁. I am on full liquids for 2 weeks and staying hydrated seems to be pretty easy because I feel thirsty every minute of the day. Protein isn't as easy. But every time I swallow, I feel pain/pressure. Hmmf . I just keep going, I know it will get better and better. 😛