Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bari-friendly Tupperware for Work?

I’ve been reviewing a lot of “weight loss/bari-friendly” tupperware products lately; I start work again in 2 weeks and want the habit in place. My difficulty is finding something that works for me size-wise. Even the child sized options are a bit big and I am someone who does best with smaller plates. Any suggestions? I really liked the idea of finding tupperware with appropriate portions all in one container, even though I could just as easily make due with several small containers. I’m being a princess right now. 😑

5 minutes ago, bettie.blue said:

I’ve been reviewing a lot of “weight loss/bari-friendly” tupperware products lately; I start work again in 2 weeks and want the habit in place. My difficulty is finding something that works for me size-wise. Even the child sized options are a bit big and I am someone who does best with smaller plates. Any suggestions? I really liked the idea of finding tupperware with appropriate portions all in one container, even though I could just as easily make due with several small containers. I’m being a princess right now. 😑

would something like these work?
https://www.amazon.com/BASA-Meal-Prep-Containers-Pack/dp/B07D49SZGQ/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1538676455&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=bariatric+food+containers&psc=1

or maybe this?

https://www.amazon.com/BariWare-Portion8-Starter-Brilliant-Blue/dp/B01ECK2B3M/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1538676455&sr=8-6&keywords=bariatric+food+containers

I think if you are searching using the word "Tupperware" you might get limited results given tupperware is a brand name, search instead for "Bariatric food containers" or Bariatric food prep"

Edited by Matt Z

I bought some kids tupperware lunch containers, but it was actually the 21-day fix containers that have worked the best for me because they are pretty much already measured to the portions we require - Then I just empty onto a paper plate to heat, etc.

Here's an Amazon example.

https://www.amazon.com/Prefer-Green-Containers-Label-Coded-Multi-Color-Coded/dp/B01N0VIYN9/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1538677330&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=21+day+fix+containers&psc=1

16 minutes ago, Matt Z said:

would something like these work?
https://www.amazon.com/BASA-Meal-Prep-Containers-Pack/dp/B07D49SZGQ/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1538676455&sr=8-2-spons&keywords=bariatric+food+containers&psc=1

or maybe this?

https://www.amazon.com/BariWare-Portion8-Starter-Brilliant-Blue/dp/B01ECK2B3M/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1538676455&sr=8-6&keywords=bariatric+food+containers

I think if you are searching using the word "Tupperware" you might get limited results given tupperware is a brand name, search instead for "Bariatric food containers" or Bariatric food prep"

Ohh I think you’re right, @Matt Z. That second link is more like what I’m looking for. Thank you!

@MargoCL This also looks like a good idea, and I like the price. Plus, anything colorful and/or shiny makes me happy. Thank you!

I love them, I like that some of them have the size imprinted on the bottom so if I'm lazy one day I can use it without the food scale out. But I also use my food scale to ensure I'm not wasting food.

I laugh because I bought them when I tried the 21-day diet and failed and wondered what ever would I use this "tiny" containers for... and here we are years later and they are paying off tenfold.

13 minutes ago, bettie.blue said:

Ohh I think you’re right, @Matt Z. That second link is more like what I’m looking for. Thank you!

Glad to be of assistance!

I love bento boxes, I bought a few and used them prior to WLS, I'm looking forward to being able to use them again once I eat more than 2 - 3 oz at a time :)

I started looking into Bento boxes to help with my lunches at work, but didn't buy because I had so many good alternatives at home.

Here's the Bento boxes I looked at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076HHQMXS/?coliid=IHI7VIF8DREKJ&colid=ZHR6TOZNHV5S&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Mostly, I use Rubbermaid Brilliance, 1/2 cup size. They're clear, they have little locking clamps to prevent leaks.http://www.rubbermaid.com/en-US/shop-products/food-storage/brilliance-food-storage/brilliance-food-storage-containers

But, I also have 1/2 cup containers from Gladware and Tupperware. So, I have options and interchange them depending on what food I'm storing.

23 hours ago, bettie.blue said:

Here's my take on this.... I was the person who bought way too much, and prepared way way too much. I don't regret it because it got me in the right mind set and helped me with pre surgery jitters. However, I bought some things that were not practical, and that I do not use anymore.

I found that the best containers that I purchased were these....

The reason being is that they were glass and easily used to freeze foods and for reheating. They also don't stain like plastic Tupperware. They go up to 1 cup, which is the max that I eat in any setting (including 9 months post op). They are versatile and I can use them for anything, not just my dietary needs.

glass tupeware.png

I was going to buy special Tupperware... until I realized the little Rubbermaid red topped ones I had been using for dressings and sauces before surgery were exactly half a cup! 😂