Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m will be 2 months post op next week on the 18th so I’m only down 25 pounds but the scale doesn’t seem to be moving. It’s like I gain a pound lose a pound is any one else experiencing that? Also some time I feel like I’m not eating enough and I read that can also slow the process down...I usually measure my food now but I’m hungry 2 to 3 hours later and to skip a meal is not as easy as it was before the hungry pains are different it’s like I have to eat when I’m hungry because it’s uncomfortable 😣 any support would be appreciated

10 minutes ago, Boujee_Susie said:

I’m will be 2 months post op next week on the 18th so I’m only down 25 pounds but the scale doesn’t seem to be moving. It’s like I gain a pound lose a pound is any one else experiencing that? Also some time I feel like I’m not eating enough and I read that can also slow the process down...I usually measure my food now but I’m hungry 2 to 3 hours later and to skip a meal is not as easy as it was before the hungry pains are different it’s like I have to eat when I’m hungry because it’s uncomfortable 😣 any support would be appreciated

Yes, it's normal. Yes eating more can help.

Are you tracking your BMR as well as all your intake?
Are you getting upwards of 128oz of Water? I can't stress enough how important adequate water intake is to weight loss. The human body REQUIRES water to process fat. So if you aren't meeting your baseline needs... fat removal is going to greatly suffer.

Are you doing any sort of exercise?

I try not to eat more than 1000 calories a day and I drink about 4 to 5 bottles a day of water... I was walking about 30 minutes a day but these past 2 weeks my energy has changed I’ve been sleeping from 330 to 10 pm after work I’m exhausted I wasn’t this tired after surgery I don’t know what changed

1 minute ago, Boujee_Susie said:

I try not to eat more than 1000 calories a day and I drink about 4 to 5 bottles a day of water... I was walking about 30 minutes a day but these past 2 weeks my energy has changed I’ve been sleeping from 330 to 10 pm after work I’m exhausted I wasn’t this tired after surgery I don’t know what changed

4 - 5 bottles of what size? if it's 12 oz... that's like half what you need.
Why are you capping yourself at 1000 calories? Was that advised by your nutritionist? Have you followed up with them? If your energy levels have dropped that drastically, you REALLY should reach out to your team and follow up with them, there could be some issues they need to address. Always best to keep them in the loop with problems of this nature!

No there 16 oz and no that’s wasn’t advise by my nutritionist I just came up with myself I figured I would lose more weight that way.. I have a appointment at the end of the month I will be following up with them then I honestly think I’m not eating enough my liquids and Protein Shakes go down fine... how many calories are we supposed to eating a day anyways?

11 minutes ago, Boujee_Susie said:

No there 16 oz and no that’s wasn’t advise by my nutritionist I just came up with myself I figured I would lose more weight that way.. I have a appointment at the end of the month I will be following up with them then I honestly think I’m not eating enough my liquids and Protein Shakes go down fine... how many calories are we supposed to eating a day anyways?

That all really depends on you and your situation. But I'm pretty sure it was in the 1200-1500 range 2 months + out. ESP if you are working out as well.

I didn’t know that I thought that it was going to be impossible unless your eating poorly..going to they gym or even getting out the house is a struggle for me..I was hoping that the weight loss was going to cure my depression but it hasn’t 😞 I’m glad I lost 25 pounds but I’m always lonely and it’s impossible to binge eat..I was so motivated but afterwards but now I’m kinda sad again

4 minutes ago, Boujee_Susie said:

I didn’t know that I thought that it was going to be impossible unless your eating poorly..going to they gym or even getting out the house is a struggle for me..I was hoping that the weight loss was going to cure my depression but it hasn’t 😞 I’m glad I lost 25 pounds but I’m always lonely and it’s impossible to binge eat..I was so motivated but afterwards but now I’m kinda sad again

Yeah, I understand the depression thing... Sadly, sitting 83 lbs from my pre-op surgery check in, 143 lbs from my max weight ... and it's still hanging around.

There are PLENTY of calorie dense foods that are good for you, Dates for example are SUPER calorie dense. You can totally get 1200-1500 calories with very healthy options and minimum carbs.

Don't be afraid to call your nutritionist or surgical team for advice, that's what they are there for!

Do you think this is really zero cards?

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

6 hours ago, Matt Z said:

Yes, it's normal. Yes eating more can help.

Are you tracking your BMR as well as all your intake?
Are you getting upwards of 128oz of Water? I can't stress enough how important adequate Water intake is to weight loss. The human body REQUIRES water to process fat. So if you aren't meeting your baseline needs... fat removal is going to greatly suffer.

Are you doing any sort of exercise?

I'm curious about something. You keep saying 128 oz of water. Doesn't that depend on your size? I feel like that is soooooooo much. My NUT recommended 64-80 oz.

I would never leave the bathroom.

I don’t see how it’s possible unless your drinking Water all day...I use to drink a gallon of water a but now I can only get through 4 to 5 bottles and I drink most of my Protein as well I go to bathroom every 30 minutes and at night

I am exactly 2 months post op as well and also in a stall, however I have lost 42 lbs since my surgery date. Everybodys body is different and loses differently. What has worked for me is eating more to break out of a stall. During stalls my body refuses to lose weight when Im eating clean and doing my routine for long stretches. Its only when I open the floodgates of my pallet that the scale goes down. During stalls our glycogen levels are depleted so the body protects itself from wasting away ( why we stall ) meanwhile the body replenishes the glycogen cells again, hence the reason why you start losing. Try consuming more calories for several days straight you will notice you wont put the weight back on yet you will continue to lose. Thats what works for me.

Happy 2 month Surgiversity to us Alexander3125, Although my postoperative course is no less tortuous than my 3 weeks of seeking, I had a HWeight,of 355, today at a different surgical speciality, 281 pounds, I still,believe in my surgeon, my variety of surgery (RnY bypass) and feel once these gloomy days are,past I can still be healthier and reach my future BD, without,it I was edging too close to a mortal physical occurrence. one parent lived to 80, the other to 86, and I will meet or beat them. Outlivng,my husband who denied being obesr, refused to diet, died at 70. 👵🍶SO TODAY IS A TRIUMPH AND TOMORROW? Now,I Have a chance to Smile!😝

And I sought for 3 YEARS not a matter of weeks, but,i am a 🔥 ginger-topped broad who won't,stop trying until LIFES FINISH LINE!!!