Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I just impatient

Sleeved on 7/16 and still feeling nauseous and unable to find anything that tastes good!

I know it took over 40 years to get into the unhealthy lifestyle but can’t find a way into my “new” one!

Very discouraged and depressed

Please tell me when this will get better!

Nausea could be acid reflux, are you on a ppi? As far as the taste buds, that will adjust after awhile - take advantage of that widow where food doesn't matter/isn't interesting to find a new hobby - food will always be available. ..

It will get better. Remember food is fuel, not entertainment. I found I did better with Soups that had flavor and added unflavored Protein. I would add mild green chilis to my scrambled eggs ( I diced them up really tiny). I also added a drop of chipotle tabasco (it is mild but smoky in flavor).. Try different things. I realized my nausea was actually caused by textures and once I was able to chew foods, I did much better. Just remember to chew food into mush before you swallow.

Yes I am on a PPI - I just thought I would be eating (granted in much smaller quantities) by now and have more energy. I am still having buyers remorse and trying to get past that regret - I don’t think a negative mindset will help

Ok - maybe I am still eating incorrectly and should be more mindful?

Thank you for your responses - it helps so much!!

So you are maybe 6 weeks out. Are you impatient - yes. It is going to take your body a minimum of six months to fully heal from surgery. You are supposed to be using this time to learn new habits and lose as much weight as possible. You are not supposed to be able to eat what you used to eat. You need to wrap your head around that Protein tastes good. Carbs don't. For most of us, carbs are like heroin - once we start we cannot stop. So get your head in the game.

I'm 5'3". At my highest I was over 300 but wouldn't get on a scale Right now I'm 152 and can deadlift 200 pounds. I' a nationally ranked athlete in my age group in a sport I took up after I had my VSG 2 years ago. Long term success isn't just about getting the pounds off. Its about keeping them off and that's in your head just as much as in your belly. It took you 40 years to develop lousy habits eating crappy food. Follow the plan your team gave you and this will work. You're down 50 pounds in 6 weeks. You are doing well. It takes a while to figure out what works. My guess is what you have to eat now are things you didn't really care for pre-surgery - you need to make peace with the fact that fast food is history and life is more than carbs. Sorry for the tough love, but I've seen plenty of people who I was sleeved with lose and then regain in the last two years. The battle is more in your head than you think. Consider finding a therapist to work with.

Try focusing on finding the best tasting (allowable and tolerable) foods in your current plan if you're having a tough time adjusting

Like if you can't stand another boring grilled chicken breast try to rework the recipe ingredients and cooking methods. And proper spices will make all the difference.

I had to cycle foods in and out because I couldn't tolerate them or would become adversed quickly. So I'd do a week of fish based meals, then a week of chicken, then legumes, then soy etc

Safe Journey!

Sleeved on 7/16 and still feeling nauseous and unable to find anything that tastes good!
I know it took over 40 years to get into the unhealthy lifestyle but can’t find a way into my “new” one!
Very discouraged and depressed
Please tell me when this will get better!

About the nausea, be sure to get Vitamin B1 (thiamin). You need it everyday to prevent nausea. You have to get your Vitamins and fluids everyday. If you don't you will end up in an ER. There you will receive a banana bag IV. A banana bag is vitamins. Save yourself a lot of misery and take all your vitamins..
I'm 69. I ,too, had my sleeve on July 16. I have had no pain, no nausea other than when I forget my portion and overeat.. It happens when I have Water before or after a meal.. For me that's a difficult thing.
On a lighter note, I was talking to my daughter yesterday. I was talking about my trip to Sam's and then the grocery. I found a small package of lamb for stew, really small, for $3.00. I told her I needed carrots. She said does Publix sell carrots 1at a time. How many days can you go on 1carrot! I was laughing so hard. But she was partially right because I had leftover green Beans in the fridge from several days ago. It was a 1# package of GB's and I had had them for at LEAST 4 meals already and they were on my menu tonight.
Think of the money you will save on groceries. Then you will be saving on clothing because you won't have to pay extra for plus sizes. You'll save on prescriptions, gas to get to the doctor, doctor bills.
The very best thing you will save is your life. In October my granddaughter will wed.. I will be able to attend. I will be able to enjoy the event. I won't have to find a chair and stay put in order to tolerate being there.
Life is changing for you. Enjoy the ride!

@ 33andathird, always wanted to ask, is your pen name because you want to be a long- playing record? I do think it's cute!