Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wheetsin, got a question for you...

I use Vista on my home PC and my new HP laptop, I don't have any problems at all. I don't find it any slower than my XP at the office. I think it's all personal choice. I had my business computer tech advise me on which laptop to purchase, which I got from CompUSA, with a printer freebie and rebate.

If you do not have a tech availiable, talk to one of the young guys at CompUSA, you can tell after a few questions if he knows his stuff or not and get his advice on which to purchase. They really love to share their knowledge.

I know you know quite a bit about computer crap. I've been looking into buying a new lap-top computer eventually. I'm very attracted to the Alienware computers, despite their price, but I don't know whether I should go with one of those or a more main-stream brand like Dell or HP. Right now, I'm using a Sony Vaio, and I like it, but I don't know if I want to stay with that brand, either. Any advice about which is better?

Go for the Dell - they are top rated laptops now. Dell owns Alienware, and those are geared toward high end gamers. And the new Dell laptops come in colors and they have some amazing deals going on.

I have a house full of Dell equipments (uh, of course I work there too).

Wasa- My DH builds computers for everyone in my office and family, etc. He just built one for a co-worker of mine last week. He builds it, then sends them the link. If you want someone to put it together based off of what you need, let me know, he likes doing that stuff :)

Go for the Dell - they are top rated laptops now. Dell owns Alienware, and those are geared toward high end gamers. And the new Dell laptops come in colors and they have some amazing deals going on.

I have a house full of Dell equipments (uh, of course I work there too).

No, I just won't buy another Dell. I called to look into it and the salesmen just annoyed the crap out of me. I had such a horrific experience the first time, I'm not going the Dell route again. I even bought the extended warranty the first time and out of sheer frustration I paid someone to come and fix the problems when I finally did get the computer. The customer service is horrible, and tech support... a joke. I wasted a ton of money the first time. I'm not doing that one again.

Wasa- My DH builds computers for everyone in my office and family, etc. He just built one for a co-worker of mine last week. He builds it, then sends them the link. If you want someone to put it together based off of what you need, let me know, he likes doing that stuff grin.gif

But does he do laptops as well as PCs? I only need a laptop now.

No, I just won't buy another Dell. I called to look into it and the salesmen just annoyed the crap out of me. I had such a horrific experience the first time, I'm not going the Dell route again. I even bought the extended warranty the first time and out of sheer frustration I paid someone to come and fix the problems when I finally did get the computer. The customer service is horrible, and tech support... a joke. I wasted a ton of money the first time. I'm not doing that one again.

But does he do laptops as well as PCs? I only need a laptop now.

At the Lenovo website, you can get a ThinkPad R61e, customized with XP and with 1 year of on-site support for under $800.

I still say you should check out HP. I have never had a problem with them, I've had them for maybe about 10 years. I called customer service once on one of my computers and they were fabulous.

Worth looking into.

Cindy