Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommended Posts

Has anyone tried the vitamin patches? I bought a 3 month supply of the gastric bypass package. I hope they work. I know it’s hard for a lot of us to tolerate all the many Vitamins required post op. Hoping these help and looking for any reviews or if they’ve been helpful to anyone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, margalit said:

Has anyone tried the vitamin patches? I bought a 3 month supply of the gastric bypass package. I hope they work. I know it’s hard for a lot of us to tolerate all the many Vitamins required post op. Hoping these help and looking for any reviews or if they’ve been helpful to anyone

This is a *VERY* touchy, highly debated topic. Check the "Search" function out and see what I'm talking about!

I've been using them for about 6 months now, my 3 month labs were good. I get my 6 month labs done in 2 weeks, so we'll see how they look at that point. Right now, I'm happy with them. But we'll see how that goes moving forwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh that’s awesome they worked well for you. So happy to hear they helped you! I’ve been researching and wanting to try them for months and months, but I’ve only read positive reviews which leads me to believe they’re from the company, not actual users of them. But I finally ordered them. Hope hey keep working for you and that your labs come back still improved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, margalit said:

Oh that’s awesome they worked well for you. So happy to hear they helped you! I’ve been researching and wanting to try them for months and months, but I’ve only read positive reviews which leads me to believe they’re from the company, not actual users of them. But I finally ordered them. Hope hey keep working for you and that your labs come back still improved.

Thanks!

That signature block is MASSIVE btw LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What’s a signature block?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, margalit said:

What’s a signature block?

all this:

peace & love,



margalit



lap-band june 6th, 2007



:whoo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've thought about them but I worry I won't be getting what I need. I didn't research them a lot anyway because I was pretty sure my nutritionist would discourage them. I'm still considering them because of my tendency of forgetting my multi. What about Iron? Is it in the patch? I'm taking supplemental iron now (4 months and change) because of fatigue (nutritionist advised) and my ferritin was borderline low and my iron was low on my 3 month labs. My six month labs are in October. But seeing your positive results are encouraging @Matt Z

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, magpie26 said:

I've thought about them but I worry I won't be getting what I need. I didn't research them a lot anyway because I was pretty sure my nutritionist would discourage them. I'm still considering them because of my tendency of forgetting my multi. What about Iron? Is it in the patch? I'm taking supplemental Iron now (4 months and change) because of fatigue (nutritionist advised) and my ferritin was borderline low and my iron was low on my 3 month labs. My six month labs are in October. But seeing your positive results are encouraging @Matt Z

There is iron in the patch, and there are iron Patches as well. I eat enough meat (and don't have a period although my wife would disagree) so I put them on her when she's still asleep in the morning before I leave when she's on her cycle. She says it helps her...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I eat a lot of meat as well because if I don't make meat my husband would die. And obviously it's a great source of Protein, and some of it is game like venison. I'm thinking I may try these. Are you getting yours on the Bariatricpal site?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Recent Status Updates

    • Krestel

      How can a bowel movement make me lose almost 4 pounds? How much poo am I full of?
      · 3 replies
      1. lvidacovich

        I haven't pooped in a weed and I'd love a 4 pound poo right now lol

      2. ms.sss

        Lol, yeah, I've been known to drop 3-ish lbs after a good (and long awaited) poop.

        .....or even after a moderate to severe dumping episode. yikes.

      3. FluffyChix

        Those are championship cups for both you guys! :) I personally came up a 1.4lb winner this morning. ;) hehehehe.

    • *Meaghan*

      I met with my surgeon on Friday.. I've completed all my tests and all my nutrition meetings as well as meeting the weight loss requirements for my insurance. We are officially submitting to insurance for approval and I was given a surgery date of January 16th 2020 (13 days before my birthday!) Fingers crossed all goes through 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Krestel

      Ok, now im getting old...my body gets me up at my normal 5am dog walk even when it's the weekend, vacation, and most importantly when I'm sick. So now that I have more energy, my body wants to make sure I suffer even longer during the day when I have a cold! Damn being healthy again! (:D)
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • GreenTealael

      At my Primary Physician appt, the Doc said you know you lost a whole person. When you started seeing me you were 265lbs now you're 148lbs.
      She's right... I lost the fun me 😂 Joking Joking Joking. It's amazing who keeps track when you don't like insurance and browsers feeds
      · 2 replies
      1. Orchids&Dragons

        I think you're fun! You must have been a firecracker before!

      2. GreenTealael

        I don't even drink anymore 😂

    • Krestel

      First head cold since the surgery....at least I know that my body is back to "normal". /sigh
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Trending Topics

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×