Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So many clearances: cardiology, pulmonary, psych, EGD, nutrition. I thought they would all be hard to schedule but everything is happening in the next 30 days!! I still have my 3 month diet requirement for insurance approval.

It’s overwhelming when I think about it. Everything starts off with psych evaluation on Monday and I’m a bit anxious about it. Hoping to have surgery in early December.

In the beginning it seems like it will take soooo long, and sometimes it does for some, but for others it doesn't. I have to complete just 3 months of supervised weight management and I go in for my second weigh-in in less than 3 weeks now. I am focused on losing my required ten pounds and not gaining under any circumstance.

I had my psych eval today and that was after I had been scheduled with another doctor and then received a TEXT <_< from one of the staff members saying something about my insurance and they thought it looked strange and if I wanted to use my insurance, I would have to wait an additional week and a half (on top of the two weeks I had already waited for the appointment in the first place) while they receive prior authorization. I was not happy. All of that should have been taken care of during the two weeks I've been waiting to even get in. She stated that the doctor would call first thing the next morning, which was the morning of my appointment (Tuesday). He did not. I didn't sweat it. Wednesday morning I called another doctor, he got me scheduled for first thing this morning. Less than 48 hour turn around time. He will have my results sent in no later than Monday. He's been doing it 17 years and is sensitive to the fact that it is a time sensitive process. Thankful for him.

sleep study appointment is scheduled and I am sure they will continue coming in. So, my aim is to get all of the many tests and clearances knocked out as quickly as possible by taking the first available openings.

I've put in so much time researching and studying that the process seems longer. I still spend a lot of time researching and reading. I am thinking I will land towards the middle of October, maybe the first of November and I am fine with that. Though if it does go into the first of November I may move it a week, as my husband and I plan to take a trip for our anniversary.

Anyway, Congrats on your progress!!! Definitely keep updating us.

1 minute ago, Psyched said:

In the beginning it seems like it will take soooo long, and sometimes it does for some, but for others it doesn't. I have to complete just 3 months of supervised weight management and I go in for my second weigh-in in less than 3 weeks now. I am focused on losing my required ten pounds and not gaining under any circumstance.

I had my psych eval today and that was after I had been scheduled with another doctor and then received a TEXT <_< from one of the staff members saying something about my insurance and they thought it looked strange and if I wanted to use my insurance, I would have to wait an additional week and a half (on top of the two weeks I had already waited for the appointment in the first place) while they receive prior authorization. I was not happy. All of that should have been taken care of during the two weeks I've been waiting to even get in. She stated that the doctor would call first thing the next morning, which was the morning of my appointment (Tuesday). He did not. I didn't sweat it. Wednesday morning I called another doctor, he got me scheduled for first thing this morning. Less than 48 hour turn around time. He will have my results sent in no later than Monday. He's been doing it 17 years and is sensitive to the fact that it is a time sensitive process. Thankful for him.

sleep study appointment is scheduled and I am sure they will continue coming in. So, my aim is to get all of the many tests and clearances knocked out as quickly as possible by taking the first available openings.

I've put in so much time researching and studying that the process seems longer. I still spend a lot of time researching and reading. I am thinking I will land towards the middle of October, maybe the first of November and I am fine with that. Though if it does go into the first of November I may move it a week, as my husband and I plan to take a trip for our anniversary.

Anyway, Congrats on your progress!!! Definitely keep updating us.

Awesome!! What are you having? Sleeve here as I have no metabolic conditions and my surgeon says long term weight loss, surprisingly, is pretty equal.

I’m a little annoyed with all the clearances as I have zero medical conditions but I will do what I’m told.

I am having the sleeve. I actually look at the clearances a little differently... better safe than sorry type of deal, while knowing you cannot plan for everything, I appreciate the thoroughness of the process, putting in the work for it on the front end will likely help you value it even more if that's even possible ;-) . Also, I have some medical issues, but ummm, I WANNA LIVE, so yeah... TEST ME. HA!

12 hours ago, Psyched said:

I actually look at the clearances a little differently... better safe than sorry type of deal, while knowing you cannot plan for everything, I appreciate the thoroughness of the process, putting in the work for it on the front end will likely help you value it even more if that's even possible ;-) . Also, I have some medical issues, but ummm, I WANNA LIVE, so yeah... TEST ME. HA!

I agree with this. It is still up in the air as to how my insurance will approve the surgery (My company keeps changing requirements,). But if there is an issue, or potential issue, check me out! I want to know before hand. It seems like this can be a long process (sounds like I am in the same stage as you guys), but in the end I want to be armed with as much as I can to help me be as successful as can be.

5 minutes ago, pugmom234 said:

I agree with this. It is still up in the air as to how my insurance will approve the surgery (My company keeps changing requirements,). But if there is an issue, or potential issue, check me out! I want to know before hand. It seems like this can be a long process (sounds like I am in the same stage as you guys), but in the end I want to be armed with as much as I can to help me be as successful as can be.

Of course I wouldn’t want surgery if I wasn’t healthy but I literally have no co-morbidities other than super mild (like barely tested high enough for treatment) sleep apnea. That’s it. The cardiology, pulmonologist and EGD seem a little overkill. But I trust my surgeon. I’ll be glad when it’s all over.

I have no Conor

Ok ignore the above 🤦‍♀️ I hit post too soon!!🤣

Before my phone decided I was done...

I have no co morbidities my self. My thought is if I am at risk for something I would like to know. I had to do a barium swallow, not an EGD. I do think it is all a bit much, but if he needs It and insurance wants it, I’ll jump through the hoops.

I believe Emotional Stability and,Future,Mental Health should be. a valid Comorbidity. My PCP stated. I,fall into the Grid for Monderste Depression. Listen Junior , you go through what I have gone through. You have a Bariatric Surgeon and his Evil Hench- Staff tell you for 3 long years YES-NO-Maybe, YOU jump through every Consult Hoop they can come up with, YOU cross every T, You dot every I, You cry yourself to sleep because you are tired of it all, YOU do the very best you can, and then have them TELL YOU We've decided YOU are UNWORTHY of our time and efforts. Get Lost, little girl, Get Lost! See if You,come out of it singing Our Day will Come and smiling broadly. You really doubt,your self-worth.
Kill Myself, No! Wish I could die Yes. I just don't have the emotional energy to do myself IN!
So Surgery,Now Is a Validation, a Re-reaffirmation. that I have a place still,in this world🌍, that someday respects and believes me enough to give me the surgery I have been working for, the hope of my💓, the conformation that I deserve to live and have a future, the promise that I have value to myself and others. How can I help but be LESS Depressed after all this? So September5th shortly,before 5 AM I shall March into Rhodes Hall, the Admission,Hall for Ohio State University HOSPITAL-WEXNER Medical Center in Columbus Ohio. At or shortly after 7AM Bradley J Needleman MD will be waiting for me, fully garbed in his Sterile Suit of clothing and gown. And as soon as I am asleep, I will be intubated, my arms stretched out to each side, my patient gown will be removed, my belly,blown up to where I look as if I am carrying octuplets, the fun and games begin, and I will receive my RnY. I will have entered that room smiling, and when I wake up in Recovery I still will be happy. My prayers will have been answered. And if I. become his 1st Fatality, in all years he has NEVER had onen after the First Rotten Excuse of Surgical Flesh, and because at this hospital one is permitted a chouce, Frustr8 is VERY CAREFUL who she submits her body too, I checked every bio, every Statement of Purpose, his entire Bariatric Surgical record, this is my One, my ONLY foray,into Bariatric and Major Surgery, I WILL DO THIS RIGHT! And truly believe I WILL wake,up in the Recovery Room, more likely,Donald J Trump will get on National TV and apologize to the American public for being an abysmal failure as President, I will wake up in Heaven with mybGod, because as a beliver, that's,where I want to be. A Win-Win situation for ME!😷🏣😛👍🌈

3 hours ago, pugmom234 said:

Ok ignore the above 🤦‍♀️ I hit post too soon!!🤣

Before my phone decided I was done...

I have no co morbidities my self. My thought is if I am at risk for something I would like to know. I had to do a barium swallow, not an EGD. I do think it is all a bit much, but if he needs It and insurance wants it, I’ll jump through the hoops.

Yep, Pugmom! Even if I did not have hypertension, I would still feel the exact same way, as I just prefer the thorough approach. So, we definitely agree. Whatever hoop they place in front of me I am going to graciously and thankfully accept. I guess too, I look at it like it's not just me. My husband and children are on this journey with me, and so I am perhaps driven a bit by that too. Nevertheless, congrats on your steps forward. Let's be sure to keep the updates going!

2 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

I believe Emotional Stability and,Future,Mental Health should be. a valid Comorbidity. My PCP stated. I,fall into the Grid for Monderste Depression. Listen Junior , you go through what I have gone through. You have a Bariatric Surgeon and his Evil Hench- Staff tell you for 3 long years YES-NO-Maybe, YOU jump through every Consult Hoop they can come up with, YOU cross every T, You dot every I, You cry yourself to sleep because you are tired of it all, YOU do the very best you can, and then have them TELL YOU We've decided YOU are UNWORTHY of our time and efforts. Get Lost, little girl, Get Lost! See if You,come out of it singing Our Day will Come and smiling broadly. You really doubt,your self-worth.
Kill Myself, No! Wish I could die Yes. I just don't have the emotional energy to do myself IN!
So Surgery,Now Is a Validation, a Re-reaffirmation. that I have a place still,in this world🌍, that someday respects and believes me enough to give me the surgery I have been working for, the hope of my💓, the conformation that I deserve to live and have a future, the promise that I have value to myself and others. How can I help but be LESS Depressed after all this? So September5th shortly,before 5 AM I shall March into Rhodes Hall, the Admission,Hall for Ohio State University HOSPITAL-WEXNER Medical Center in Columbus Ohio. At or shortly after 7AM Bradley J Needleman MD will be waiting for me, fully garbed in his Sterile Suit of clothing and gown. And as soon as I am asleep, I will be intubated, my arms stretched out to each side, my patient gown will be removed, my belly,blown up to where I look as if I am carrying octuplets, the fun and games begin, and I will receive my RnY. I will have entered that room smiling, and when I wake up in Recovery I still will be happy. My prayers will have been answered. And if I. become his 1st Fatality, in all years he has NEVER had onen after the First Rotten Excuse of Surgical Flesh, and because at this hospital one is permitted a chouce, Frustr8 is VERY CAREFUL who she submits her body too, I checked every bio, every Statement of Purpose, his entire Bariatric Surgical record, this is my One, my ONLY foray,into Bariatric and Major Surgery, I WILL DO THIS RIGHT! And truly believe I WILL wake,up in the Recovery Room, more likely,Donald J Trump will get on National TV and apologize to the American public for being an abysmal failure as President, I will wake up in Heaven with mybGod, because as a beliver, that's,where I want to be. A Win-Win situation for ME!😷🏣😛👍🌈

Sounds like you have gone through plenty. I'll be praying for you. Congrats on coming this far inspire of. Keep us updated!

6 hours ago, AngelaM258 said:

Of course I wouldn’t want surgery if I wasn’t healthy but I literally have no co-morbidities other than super mild (like barely tested high enough for treatment) sleep apnea. That’s it. The cardiology, pulmonologist and EGD seem a little overkill. But I trust my surgeon. I’ll be glad when it’s all over.

Congrats on all of the progress you have made! Let's keep one another updated on progress. It's exciting and encouraging to watch others and to encourage others along the way!

And as long as we have each other, our load is shared and doesn't seem so unbearable.

Psych eval - DONE

Pulmonalogist - tomorrow

Then next week is cardiology

Slowly working my way through my list.

Well you are doing good, keep going until you finish the insurance's diet requirement too. Then you will be like me, on a liver-shrinking diet and waiting for your Surgery Day to come. December was once a special month,in my family. I was married on the 9rh, a year later my first baby was due on the 12th, she didn't arrive until January,3rd, been late for thongs her whole life, of course Christmas and then my birthday is the day afterward, the 26th.