Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Your Feet & Shoe Size ?

I'm going to have surgery in September, I could use a new pair of shoes before long. My question is, has anyone's feet gotten smaller after weight loss? I wear size 11 1/2 now, just wondering if I will need a smaller size after weight loss.

Yes. You should hold off as long as you can or pick up an inexpensive pair. I've replaced everything I wear (except my socks) 4 times. My shoe size was 9 wide and now I wear a reg. 9.5 Others will tell you that you size will change too. Good luck and congratulations.

Your feet may very well change in size. As a person working on their feet 12 hours a day, comfortable feet and shoes are important to me. I wouldn’t wait months and months to buy a new pair of shoes. If you are three months out from surgery it could be 9-10 months before you see a need for a change in shoe size.

Not sure what type of shoes you need that are too expensive to put off buying for that long.

My shoe size didn't change and why should it? My feet are still the same length they were before surgery.

I can see though that the size may change when it comes to certain shoe designs, e. g. narrower cuts etc.

But when you have a lot of weight bearing down on your "tootsies" the bones in your feet splay out, your ligaments and tendons try to hold everything in line together but eventually they scream ( about the time your👣 feet start hurting badly) No Mas! And give up the struggle!👣

I’m 2 1/2 years out. I wore size 12 before the surgery and now I comfortably wear a 10.5. My feet were swollen and hurt a lot before the weight loss and now they look and feel normal.

Aggietop

My feet have lost the swelling. Length hasn't changed but kicks fit better, don't look so stretched out.

Oh,BTW thanks to all the "GUYS" that responded to your post......:blink:;-)

I was a size 12 pre-op and now down to a 10.5-11...yes, even your feet will lose fat.

Can’t tell you why @summerset but mine did! I went from a 9.5 to an 8.5

Perhaps all the weight pushing down on them made them spread in width and length both? Not sure!

I also lost at least half a inch in height. My doc said both are common. Maybe I lost weight from the bottoms of my feet?

My shoe size changed in terms of width.

Fascinating. My feet and ankles appear a lot thinner/narrower just from the pre-op diet. I'm now 4 days post. If I can stop wearing a wide shoe the style options will open way up. Super excited about that. Thanks for the info.

I’m just 6 months post op and I went from a size 11 Wide to a 10 regular. It’s good that I’m not restricted to the Wide sizes as there’s a bigger variety of shoes I can now choose from.

I have a a pair of shoes that used to be too small (they would pinch at the toes’ joints with the feet when I took a step) and now they fit great. BOY, was I surprised, I said “MAN, it’s nice to have an extra pair of shoes to wear when I go outside to get the MALE.”