Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 3 days post op and 7 pounds down I’m excited to hear what the first few weeks have been like for everyone else. How much have you all lost in your first month?

I am 6 weeks out and have lost 31lb :)

I am 6 weeks post op also and I have only lost about 5lbs maximum since surgery (if that). It really depends on each person. Some surgeons like to put a little in the band and restrict right from the off, so those people will lose more straight away. For some, the band alone can restrict and can make you feel fuller and initiate weight lost straight away, but sadly for me I have not had enough fills to even get to the restriction stage yet - I had my first fill yesterday (2ml) and currently still feel relatively 'normal' so I am pretty sure I am going to need another fill pretty soon! Can't wait until I am there though and the weight starts to drop off...guess we will know when we get to the fill 'sweet spot'

Just now, GastricGirl said:

I am 6 weeks post op also and I have only lost about 5lbs maximum since surgery (if that). It really depends on each person. Some surgeons like to put a little in the band and restrict right from the off, so those people will lose more straight away. For some, the band alone can restrict and can make you feel fuller and initiate weight lost straight away, but sadly for me I have not had enough fills to even get to the restriction stage yet - I had my first fill yesterday (2ml) and currently still feel relatively 'normal' so I am pretty sure I am going to need another fill pretty soon! Can't wait until I am there though and the weight starts to drop off...guess we will know when we get to the fill 'sweet spot'

You'll get there. As you said, its entirely based on the individual person. Ive struggled my whole life with my weight and never been able to lose due to many health issues but this just seems to work for me. Exercise is the main part of it for me though. I highly recommend walking.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Featured Surgeons

1. Masoud Rezvani

Woodbridge, Virginia 22191

2. Lisa Medvetz

Downingtown, Pennsylvania 19335
      800-282-0066

• Recent Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• GreenTealael

Come throughhhhhhh Lenny and Larry's Protein cookies! Now they come in crunchy and single serving size! Finally.
      · 1 reply
      1. Orchids&Dragons

Haven't tried these. Sound good! Thanks

• GreenTealael  »  redhead_che

Happy Belated Surgiversary!!!
      🎉🔥🎈💚🌈💜🎉🔥🎈💚💜🌈
      · 1 reply
      1. FluffyChix

Wooohoooo!!! Happy surgiversary chica!!! Where you been? We miss you!!!

• Puppycat

12/12I went against my weekly weigh in and cheated today the scale says I'm 248 😂How? Maybe it's wrong lol I just purchased the scale and it's my first time using it. I'll weigh my daughter to see if it's accurate. I was 255 this time last week well five days ago so I guess it's a real possibility. I'll let you know , I have been very picky about sugars and carbs even though I don't have a huge variety of foods to choose from. I'm super excited and hope everyone is doing great! Got to charge my iPad but I just had to share my happiness 12/15 hmmm I guess this didn't post lol. Well I have more to update when I went to do my weekly weigh in with a scale I know is accurate this Friday I was 244 so even less then my new home scale (which still says 248😹) I am super stoked that all my good choices are paying off. I haven't eaten any bad junk food or high sugar drinks or excess carbs, It's nice to actually see results from a diet huh guys. Unfortunately I put too much mayo in my eggsalad purée and I'm nauseous 🤢But to happy to let it bring me down. Hope everyone is doing good and happy
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • GreenTealael

The sad dejected truth that you are not the same size in a plush padded vs. Lacy unlined bra. And should have known it. Sigh.
      · 4 replies
      1. Orchids&Dragons

Guess the new bra/panty set was a bust?

2. Myhorseisfattoo

Guess the new bra/panty set was a bust?

I see what you did there!

Also, boobs are dumb. I'm pretty sure I'll be tucking mine iento my socks in a few months!

3. GreenTealael

I see what you did lol

They still kinda work but only by accident 😓, I couldn't find my exact size so I decided to play around with band/cup manipulation. But now I know padded bras may be adding a full cup size I don't own...

4. Orchids&Dragons

But now I know padded bras may be adding a full cup size I don't own...

I've been counting on that for years!

• Jobber

I went to my 4th NUT appointment this week and I was absolutely surprised that I had actually lost 9 pounds from my last appointment.  I can get a bit obsessive when it comes to scale use so I've decided to only do pre-op weigh-ins at my monthly appointments.  It saves me a lot of anxiety, I think. 
      I actually was prepared to go to the appointment with excuses on why i gained, so this was a big win.  I didn't actually add much activity to my routine, the only thing I changed was having protein shakes every morning instead of just weekdays.  I really thought my extracuricular snacking activities were going to cause an issue, but I'm not going to let that make feel like it's ok to snack late or keep eating cheese non-stop.   Also probably helps that I had the stomach bug a couple days last week.  I think my organs liquified and came out....yuck...
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Trending Topics

• Magazine Articles

1. Go With Your Gut!

Posted in: Mental Health
      Louisa Latela, LCSW, LCADC
    2. The Most Wonderful Time of the Year – Really!

Posted in: Post-Op Support
      Alex Brecher
    3. Dealing with Family during the Holidays

Ash Krupnik
    4. You Are NOT What You Eat

Warren L. Huberman, PhD.
    5. Surviving the Thanksgiving Table: A Few Hacks

Posted in: Food & Nutrition
      Alex Brecher
  • Together, we have lost...