Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Don’t know if I’m full.

I just now got to start eating soft foods and I took a few bites started to hiccup and figured I should maybe stop just in case that was my “signal” that I was full. Honestly I’m afraid to try to eat because I don’t want to over do it. I’m following all my NUT orders for eating but still just worried about not getting a feeling of fullness or whatever it is that says “hey stop”.

Just take it slow. It'll take time. It took me a moment to realize what my signals were... a big one for me is if I burp. I used to never burp before surgery... now I do all the time but especially if i'm getting full or eating too fast. You got this!

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 07/17/2018 at 17:12, Sprinkles1 said:

Just take it slow. It'll take time. It took me a moment to realize what my signals were... a big one for me is if I burp. I used to never burp before surgery... now I do all the time but especially if i'm getting full or eating too fast. You got this!

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you! I took a bit every minute and I was told to take pencil eraser size bites. I got like 4-5 bits total and got worried I was eating to much so I sat back and waited a bit. That’s when I hiccuped and got a bit of a headache so I figured maybe that was my signal to stop and did. It’s just strange not feeling hungry.

I felt that way when I was on soft food too. Never felt full. But I always measured out my food; nutritionist said eat 2 ounces or less and I did just that. You’re still healing and it could be hard to tell.

i am more than 8 weeks out and I still don’t feel full, but I feel satisfied. I always stop eating before I get to the possible full stage. My nutritionist said it’s fine as long as I am meeting my Protein, liquid and carb goals. And yes I still supplement with Protein Drinks.

Hang in there, you’re listening to your body and it’s a good thing.

On 07/17/2018 at 18:01, Bryn910 said:

I felt that way when I was on soft food too. Never felt full. But I always measured out my food; nutritionist said eat 2 ounces or less and I did just that. You’re still healing and it could be hard to tell.

i am more than 8 weeks out and I still don’t feel full, but I feel satisfied. I always stop eating before I get to the possible full stage. My nutritionist said it’s fine as long as I am meeting my Protein, liquid and carb goals. And yes I still supplement with Protein Drinks.

Hang in there, you’re listening to your body and it’s a good thing.

It’s really hard because my NUT doesn’t give us Protein goals or any goals except Water. She told us no weighing or measuring just purely listen to your body and gave us possible “signals” of fullness. She said they do this because nobody’s stomach was the same size before or after surgery. So it makes it hard. We aren’t allowed any carbs yet so it’s mostly soft Proteins.

12 minutes ago, mckenzie said:

It’s really hard because my NUT doesn’t give us Protein goals or any goals except Water. She told us no weighing or measuring just purely listen to your body and gave us possible “signals” of fullness. She said they do this because nobody’s stomach was the same size before or after surgery. So it makes it hard. We aren’t allowed any carbs yet so it’s mostly soft Proteins.

Aah ok. Yea that can be hard if you’re allowed an “unlimited” amount of food.

But soft foods are still tricky. I began by eating half a scrambled egg then ate an entire egg the next day and was fine. No difference in feeling so I understand.

when you start eating chicken breasts or turkey and some veggies you should feel something.

On 07/17/2018 at 18:19, Bryn910 said:

Aah ok. Yea that can be hard if you’re allowed an “unlimited” amount of food.

But soft foods are still tricky. I began by eating half a scrambled egg then ate an entire egg the next day and was fine. No difference in feeling so I understand.

when you start eating chicken breasts or turkey and some veggies you should feel something.

That helps a lot! I’m mainly worried about yogurt lol it’s a slider food technically so idk how that’s going to work. I had tuna with a little bit of mayo which was on my approved list and I felt nothing like restriction so hopefully more dense food will cause that feeling