Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery in a few hours!



Recommended Posts

@AshAsh12 Congratulations!!! You did it! whooohooooooooooo The hardest part is over and you are on your way to a great new beginning. You were my starting weight so we are on this journey at a similar starting point :)

Make sure you have some electrolytes for the first 2 weeks. It helps with dehydration and helps to keep your blood pressure stable newly post op.

Don't be shocked or surprized if you find yourself feeling very weak and no energy for the first 2 weeks post surgery. That is a common thing for not just VSG but coming out of any surgery. Also keep your eyes on your blood pressure because it can drop low post surgery and that also makes you feel weak. The electrolytes also help stabilize that.

Looking forward to the progress updates :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 07/03/2018 at 14:58, BajanSleeve said:



@AshAsh12 Congratulations!!! You did it! whooohooooooooooo The hardest part is over and you are on your way to a great new beginning. You were my starting weight so we are on this journey at a similar starting point :)




Make sure you have some electrolytes for the first 2 weeks. It helps with dehydration and helps to keep your blood pressure stable newly post op.




Don't be shocked or surprized if you find yourself feeling very weak and no energy for the first 2 weeks post surgery. That is a common thing for not just VSG but coming out of any surgery. Also keep your eyes on your blood pressure because it can drop low post surgery and that also makes you feel weak. The electrolytes also help stabilize that.




Looking forward to the progress updates :)


Thank you for that! I actually have good energy, but it’s the chest pain. Nothing will pass my esophagus so it is so painful to ingest anything. They might even make me stay another night to try to fix this. It’s so unbearable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 07/03/2018 at 14:58, BajanSleeve said:



@AshAsh12 Congratulations!!! You did it! whooohooooooooooo The hardest part is over and you are on your way to a great new beginning. You were my starting weight so we are on this journey at a similar starting point :)




Make sure you have some electrolytes for the first 2 weeks. It helps with dehydration and helps to keep your blood pressure stable newly post op.




Don't be shocked or surprized if you find yourself feeling very weak and no energy for the first 2 weeks post surgery. That is a common thing for not just VSG but coming out of any surgery. Also keep your eyes on your blood pressure because it can drop low post surgery and that also makes you feel weak. The electrolytes also help stabilize that.




Looking forward to the progress updates :)


Thank you for that! I actually have good energy, but it’s the chest pain. Nothing will pass my esophagus so it is so painful to ingest anything. They might even make me stay another night to try to fix this. It’s so unbearable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations 🎉🎊 I had mine on June 29th and still home recovering. The trick is to walk the hallway. I pushed myself to do it even when the pain was unbelievable. I just keep thinking in my head swimsuit , beach 🏖 , sexy dress 👗 lol 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please keep us updated.
Certainly they won’t send you home if you can’t hydrate!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, AshAsh12 said:
On ‎03‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 3:58 PM, BajanSleeve said:

Thank you for that! I actually have good energy, but it’s the chest pain. Nothing will pass my esophagus so it is so painful to ingest anything. They might even make me stay another night to try to fix this. It’s so unbearable

That sounds serious. please make sure you insist this is well taken care of before they release you. let us know what they say. ill get all maternal and start worrying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 07/04/2018 at 12:58, AshAsh12 said:

Thank you for that! I actually have good energy, but it’s the chest pain. Nothing will pass my esophagus so it is so painful to ingest anything. They might even make me stay another night to try to fix this. It’s so unbearable
Walk as much as possible..... it helped the chest pain. For me that was gas trapped there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you everyone! I was actually able to get an oral medicine that took away the gas in my chest and they did send me home. Now I’m on the road to recovery in my own peace and quiet. I appreciate everyone’s words the only thing that is bothering me now is all the gurgling coming from my belly! But they said that is normal!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@AshAsh12 So sorry you had to go through that!!! I'm glad you're home now and doing better!

I had a little bit of nausea after I would do my breathing exercises. My Husband told me I was going too hard and needed to slow down when doing those exercises. I threw up blood from it twice! I thought I was going to send myself back into the OR :(

I was like you and couldn't wait to drink water! I finally was given ice chips the day after surgery and was given a plastic container to spit the Water out when the ice was all melted.

I fly home tomorrow and cannot wait to be in my home and in my own bed! Cheers to us for making it this far already ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 07/04/2018 at 19:13, ClarksvilleSleever said:



@AshAsh12 So sorry you had to go through that!!! I'm glad you're home now and doing better!




I had a little bit of nausea after I would do my breathing exercises. My Husband told me I was going too hard and needed to slow down when doing those exercises. I threw up blood from it twice! I thought I was going to send myself back into the OR :(




I was like you and couldn't wait to drink water! I finally was given ice chips the day after surgery and was given a plastic container to spit the Water out when the ice was all melted.




I fly home tomorrow and cannot wait to be in my home and in my own bed! Cheers to us for making it this far already ;)


Congrats to you!! That is amazing! Going home made me instantly feel more relaxed! Yes those ice chips, they didn’t even make me spit out the Water, I wonder if that was part of the problem! Apple juice and room temp water go down okay for now. But that breathing machine thing makes me cough so much and it hurts!! Thankfully no blood came up but lots of fleme!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You will do amazing! Can’t wait to see your progress on the other side :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, AshAsh12 said:

Congrats to you!! That is amazing! Going home made me instantly feel more relaxed! Yes those ice chips, they didn’t even make me spit out the Water, I wonder if that was part of the problem! Apple juice and room temp Water go down okay for now. But that breathing machine thing makes me cough so much and it hurts!! Thankfully no blood came up but lots of fleme!

Thank you! Hang in there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And tomorrow another group of people will be having their surgeries ,It is exciting and rather awe inspiring,when you stop to think about it. Yep everyone of us on here have either went through it or will soon. Rather a rough initiation but look at the World Wide. fraternity/soriety, you are entering. It is eminently,worthwhile!😛🚩😛❤

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recent Topics

  • Most popular:

  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs
    ×