Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 2018 sleeve surgery!!

Hey all! There are sooo many topics out there and the one I see for August was for last year! Let’s discuss, the good and the bad! I am having my surgery in August. I have one more supervised visit and the off the insurance I go!

I know @Burpee Zombie will be joining you, she was an earlier in the summer and had her date,moved w-a-y back! And I'm sure as time goes on there will be MANY MORE joining you! Best wishes for the future from me and mine!

I am scheduled for Mid August.. So excited to get it done!

@svdlux23, I’m also having mine mid August!! I’m excited and nervous

I’m scheduled for August 8. I’m excited but starting to get a little nervous. It’s been a long journey to get to this point!!

August 11th here!!

@ peggilyn will be coming to,you, her date was moved into your lovely month.

I have mine on August 13th! ahhh I am excited but a little nervous. What is everyone doing to prepare?
I am thinking I will buy an assortment of like Protein Drinks and shakes and Protein water....I plan to eat really well and go ahead and get in the habit of going to the gym a few days a week. I have kind of been eating and drinking whatever I wanted the last couple weeks, but am ready to go ahead and move into this healthy lifestyle :)

I am now August 14th. My surgery just got moved back from July . SURGEON had a conflict. I have already have some Protein. Need to get a little more. Hope we can all get through it together.

I have vacation in 2 weeks so I am going to live up my eating and drinking on vacation then switch to practice mode pre-surgery. I am sad to not have wine for a year :(.. but all in all will be worth it!

On 06/27/2018 at 10:53, Svdlux23 said:

I have vacation in 2 weeks so I am going to live up my eating and drinking on vacation then switch to practice mode pre-surgery. I am sad to not have wine for a year :(.. but all in all will be worth it!

I’m Aug 13th. I have vacation in 1.5 days! I also plan on being lax about food during that week and then hitting my healthy diet hard when I return.

I have several family events coming up before surgery and a couple of restaurants that I want to say goodbye to. For at least a year.

Good luck with August all aound.

Hello Everybody!

Just joined today after having trolled the site this week!

My sleeve surgery is scheduled for Aug 16th and I am so very excited to get this done! I have a high tolerance for pain, but for some reason am feeling like a chicken when I think about the potential pain to come from this surgery! I think it is just nerves and I'll be fine!

I do have a question-do you need someone to be with you your first night home?